The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Trendy brands that are no longer trendy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2012-07-20 16:04, mastermindreader wrote:
That's not what I meant!

I am obviously not the mentalist here Smile
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On 2012-07-20 16:06, motown wrote:
Izod and Lacoste no longer have a partnership and operate as two separate companies.
The Croc is nolonger used by izod.
Lacoste is far stronger brand then Izod and has many retail stores through out the country.

That makes sense. I have definately seen the crocodile more and more lately. Some golfers are wearing it again. It was always a tennis/golf brand before it went mainstream in the 80's.

Years ago my sister gave me a little stuffed crocodile wearing a shirt with a man on it.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Crocodile shirts were the best. I'd take those over a polo any day.
~Will Rogers
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On 2012-07-20 16:26, critter wrote:
Crocodile shirts were the best. I'd take those over a polo any day.

Me too. I had a green pull over windbreaker that was sooooo cool. I kept it for years and years long after I was too fat to wear it and finally threw it away. Wish I hadn't because I could fit into it now and if I had it I wear it for sure.

Remember the Le Tigre shirts? lol!
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Oh, man. I do...
~Will Rogers
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Back in the 70's Izod shirts were the big thing. When I was working Holland America Cruises the cruise director and golf pro were always showing off their Izods.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
No love for Guayabera Shirts?
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Guayabera... is that the giant South American rodent?
~Will Rogers
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On 2012-07-20 16:41, mastermindreader wrote:
Back in the 70's Izod shirts were the big thing. When I was working Holland America Cruises the cruise director and golf pro were always showing off their Izods.

They were kind of a status thing. My parents always made sure I had clothes on my back, but if I wanted something "frivilious' or "silly" like an Izod shirt, or those stupid Guess jeans, I definately had to buy those with my own money. Thankfully I grew out of that nonsense. I have very little brand loyalty these days and what I am loyal to is because it works and holds it up.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb

I think we called them Havanah shirts back in the day. I had a couple. Lot's of pockets.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On 2012-07-20 16:43, Salguod Nairb wrote:
No love for Guayabera Shirts?

Sounds like some sort of hippie shirt. lol! What are they?
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I got all my "alligator shirts" at the Goodwill. I very seldom had new brand name stuff. I did buy a pair of Air Jordan's with one of my first jobs though.
~Will Rogers
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On 2012-07-20 16:52, Salguod Nairb wrote:
I think we called them Havanah shirts back in the day. I had a couple. Lot's of pockets.

Those actually don't look too bad. Speaking of lots of pockets, I did have a Swiss Army shirt back in the day. Pockets all over the thing.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On 2012-07-20 16:53, critter wrote:
I got all my "alligator shirts" at the Goodwill. I very seldom had new brand name stuff. I did buy a pair of Air Jordan's with one of my first jobs though.

I own two Polo oxford shirts right now. They are actually decent shirts but I would NEVER pay full price for one. The both came from TJ Maxx and I didn't even buy them, my girlfriend did.

A friend of mine gave me a Dunhill wallet once that I carried for years. In all the time I owned it I don't think I ever had as much money in the wallet as the wallet itself was worth.

I like Levis jeans, I tend to buy Nike shoes, and I am kind of a snob about my outdoor/camoflague gear. I always buy Realtree camo patterns. Other than that I'm not super picky.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I still like to wear Dashiki shirts once in a while. Particularly when I break out the old bong.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
G. Graphics was the trendy brand in bongs back in the day.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I like Converse All-Stars for heavy weightlifting because they don't have a bunch of coosh to ruin stabilization.
I like Levi's because they're comfortable and usually durable.
There are a couple of other companies whose stuff I like for various reasons. Especially outdoors stuff because I learned about the construction when I worked at Mountain Gear. I like Arc'teryx a lot for waterproof shells.
~Will Rogers
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Speaking of TJ Maxx, I was there last Summer and for $5 they had a Criss Angel shirt that had been over a hundred in his store the first time I went to Vegas.
~Will Rogers
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16236 Posts

Profile of tommy
My hair cut
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Trendy brands that are no longer trendy (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL