The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Those career test (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
As part of my new "we won't give you unemployment cuz you are disabled or disability cuz you should work" thing I had to take a test covering personality, math, english, and what career would fit me. All the jobs were BS/BA or above which I thought odd for an area full of dropouts. It said I was nice to people and trustworthy, the normal stuff.

On the list of job interest I put down anything non-medical or involving hurting animals. What is the number one job reccomended? Dentist. Number two was ortodontist with three being a church adniminstrator. The most disturbing job to me would be dentist, touching inside mouths grosses me out. Proof these test are BS.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Are you kidding?

-Mary Mowder
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5022 Posts

Profile of landmark
So Reverend Vaughn it is!
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
I recommend you do Street Magic on your spare time, Santa... Smile

I'm sure you have some Routines you can brush up.

Might not get you the big bucks, but on a good weekend at a touristy area, it'll pay for your food for a couple of days.

Throw in your war stories and some life lessons to get some emotional connection and comedy, I'm sure you'd have a great act.

Seriously.

Screw those who say it's begging, as Busking has a proud rich and long history.

If you don't have Routines, someone here can help for sure.

This is The Magic Caf� after all... Smile

Magicians helping magicians and such.

I recommend masking tape blindfolded Mentalism Routines.

Cheap, packs small and plays big. Can do Drama or Comedy with it.

Heck, you could drive blindfolded if you had the right sponsors. Don't if you haven't. Smile

(Impromptu Street Magic stuff don't cost much, if at all.)

Just my recommendation.

I'm here if you need any help with this (as I'm sure many are also).

All the best and stay strong my friend.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Are you interested in playing in the sand?
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
I agree with everything you have just stated as a busker myself.
When folks try to give me change, I tell them prior to the hat,
"Folks, please keep your change for your parking meters, I don't
want any of you to get a ticket."

This discourages folks from thinking that I'm a glorified panhandler, etc...
I have also used the line, "If you can't buy anything with your change, neither can I."

Busking is very rewarding and the organic feel is what lures me back from my stage performances.
Street theatre is wonderful! Lots of hard work though. I don't think Magic Santa can stand for
very long periods though.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2012-07-21 08:37, Devious wrote:
I agree with everything you have just stated as a busker myself.
When folks try to give me change, I tell them prior to the hat,
"Folks, please keep your change for your parking meters, I don't
want any of you to get a ticket."

This discourages folks from thinking that I'm a glorified panhandler, etc...
I have also used the line, "If you can't buy anything with your change, neither can I."

Busking is very rewarding and the organic feel is what lures me back from my stage performances.
Street theatre is wonderful! Lots of hard work though. I don't think Magic Santa can stand for
very long periods though.

Great post. Smile

If guitarists can sit, Santa can sit.

Here's an idea, if he wore a Santa Claus outfit while performing...

Now that would be something! Smile

And he'd call himself....

Ready for it...

"Magic Santa"! Smile
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Move to civilization.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2012-07-21 09:11, Al Angello wrote:
Move to civilization.

That would also be good. Smile
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
How are you going to land a good job if you have to make a 500 mile commute?
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I am moving once I can. I am hoping to get that voucher so I can start school and learn a new career. It takes about four months for disability to reject you then a couple months more to change their mind after getting a lawyer. I don't want disability because my arms and mind function but I was told to apply.

Mary. There is not a single non_executive job on the list and the people take it are trying to get inti two day cert programs with names like:
-warehouse general operations
-forklift driving
-keepin you work space green

And telling people rather than driving a truck they should lookk into being a bank president! What a waste of money. I know five people, fed employees, who arensuppose to help people find work, they are all very nice. Know what they do? If you go in for help they go into Monster or craigs list and print out jobs they may apply for then direct the person to co.mputers to apply and look at craigs list some more? That is IT. No advice on how to get an interview, not telling peoplee what to expect...just doing what the job hunter could have done w out help.

Busking.....hmmmm

Dentist? I would love too know how they came upnwith that "gee, I can't walk around a warehouse anylonger and need a job now....I got it! I will be a dentist"
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Can the dogs come to the sand?
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2012-07-21 04:06, MagicSanta wrote:

On the list of job interest I put down anything non-medical or involving hurting animals. What is the number one job reccomended? Dentist. Number two was ortodontist with three being a church adniminstrator. The most disturbing job to me would be dentist, touching inside mouths grosses me out. Proof these test are BS.

Mary might have been puzzled, as I was, because it sort of reads as though you want a job that involves hurting animals. Although, if you really did, that might explain the dentist and orthodontist reccomendations.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Yes, but they will need passports and such.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2012-07-21 08:17, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
I recommend you do Street Magic on your spare time...

Throw in your war stories...

Did you just tell him to sit on a street corner telling war stories to get change? That market is saturated around here...

:lol:
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Gotcha. They gave a long list of jobs and I checked "no" on anything medical or working as a vet or slaughter house. As long as no blood or hurting animals was involved I checked yes. Vterinarian was number six on the list of what I was good for. Stupid test, they are getting more popular for jobs too. The questions are always specific like.

"If an employee goes to the restroom should thet be fired?"

Then a later question is "if an employee is ill is it acceptable that they make an unscheduled redtroom visit?"

I would say no and yes which they read as not supporting company policy. For an example apply at walmart or petsmart for a version of the career test. Just use phony info.

The reason I moved here, Al, was if a good economy I could worl less hours than I did as a manager and have more time to care for my wife' heart problems. If I get this military school voucher I wii do the training and move.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2012-07-21 14:58, critter wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-07-21 08:17, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
I recommend you do Street Magic on your spare time...

Throw in your war stories...

Did you just tell him to sit on a street corner telling war stories to get change? That market is saturated around here...

:lol:

While doing Magic at that. Smile
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Quote:
On 2012-07-21 14:34, balducci wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-07-21 04:06, MagicSanta wrote:

On the list of job interest I put down anything non-medical or involving hurting animals. What is the number one job recommended? Dentist. Number two was orthodontist with three being a church administrator. The most disturbing job to me would be dentist, touching inside mouths grosses me out. Proof these test are BS.

Mary might have been puzzled, as I was, because it sort of reads as though you want a job that involves hurting animals. Although, if you really did, that might explain the dentist and orthodontist recommendations.

Balducci, That part did not confuse me since I know from previous posts that Santa likes animals I just took him at his meaning although that may have confused the people reading the form.

I just meant that after reading Santa's posts here I would not have pegged him as a future Dentist or Orthodontist and never in a million years would I think he would make a good Church Administrator.
It's almost like an improv bit where audience members call out the funniest jobs they can for the comedian to try.

Santa has said that he has problems with his feet and legs, long hours standing and bending over a patient in a chair would be impossible. Also, I'm afraid Santa's small talk might be disturbing to a patient "in the chair".

Anyone reading Santa's comments about his in-laws over the course of his Wife's funeral arrangements would find the Church Administrator suggestion laughable as well.

I don't see Steve as the shy kind of guy who could (or would) delude the job counselor for that long. In fact, I'm guessing that 5 mins. in a room with Steve V. and you'd know he shouldn't be doing these jobs.

I try to be positive but this is a stupid scam.

Santa, press them for better options.

See if the "job counselor" job might be opening soon. You've done some clowning haven't you?

-Mary Mowder
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Nope, they said the idea was to suggest careers people may not have thought of. My legs were not considered.

I will say if you speak with me, and some here can verify this I think, you will find I am not controversial or confrontational at all. I am quiet actually. I was at a magi convention discussing with a young man how he was going to 'kick Steve Vs arse' when he showed up. Once he made all his comments I introduced myself and couldn't get rid of the kid the rest of the convention.

I am a thoughtful person playing something of a character here. I am sorry if I ruined my image. I must say I do find it interesting that people who fought me here liked me on other boards.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I am still evil though. I want ti sign up with christianmatch.com just to use the name 'three-horned Devil'.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Those career test (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL