The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Suggestions on handcuffs? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magringo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sad that all I have is a scant
326 Posts

Profile of magringo
I've been wanting a good pair of handcuffs that are "regulation" but from which I can escape (but an ordinary spectator could not...certainly not in a million years) - but there seems to be a lot of junk or very expensive cuffs out there. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Go with Smith and Wesson. Why? Becasue that is the most common cuff used by most American police forces. It is also a name that many American know. More from guns than cuffs, still it is a known name. Also S&W cuffs are not that expensive.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
When you say you want cuffs from which you can escape, are you wanting gaffed cuffs?

It is very possible to learn to escape from genuine police issue handcuffs, but it's also possible to get genuine police handcuffs that have been "adapted" shall we say for escape work.

My personal favourite of this type of cuff is Ian McColl's ADA cuff. This does fall into the category of expensive, however I feel the expense is worth it.

Alternatively the book modern handcuffs for magicians and a set of S&W 100s (as Cliff suggests) will also do the job. Going this route will take more practice, but the time will be well spent.

Either way you are going to have to pay in order to perform a handcuff escape. Either in time or dollars.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Ian McColls ADA cuff every time.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
McColls ADA..... Don't know what your talking about ..... ( erm but if I did I would recommend them too Smile. )
magringo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sad that all I have is a scant
326 Posts

Profile of magringo
Great advice friends...thanks much...I'll look into the ADA ones...
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Swansea UK
955 Posts

Profile of Riley
You won't be disappointed - brilliant cuffs.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
I hate to burst the bubble but these are now collectors items as (I believe) the manufacturing design on that model was changed -and making into ADAs is too difficult for the time involved. So if you have a pair, don't sell them and keep..... your tongue tied.

Is that correct Ian?
ablanathanalba
View Profile
Loyal user
Can't really boast with only
289 Posts

Profile of ablanathanalba
I'm curious, too.
james_unlimited
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
223 Posts

Profile of james_unlimited
Quote:
On 2012-07-22 15:58, jay leslie wrote:
I hate to burst the bubble but these are now collectors items as (I believe) the manufacturing design on that model was changed -and making into ADAs is too difficult for the time involved. So if you have a pair, don't sell them and keep..... your tongue tied.

Is that correct Ian?

in 100 years nobody should be around that knows what they are! mine are brand new in box with the original cannons sticker!
ablanathanalba
View Profile
Loyal user
Can't really boast with only
289 Posts

Profile of ablanathanalba
So what's available today? Anything worth checking out?
james_unlimited
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
223 Posts

Profile of james_unlimited
Quote:
On 2014-01-23 12:19, ablanathanalba wrote:
So what's available today? Anything worth checking out?

Depends on what you require?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Suggestions on handcuffs? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL