The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Gags using a sugar beet! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Hi,
I want to start a routine with something I found on a walk the other day. It is a sugar beet. For those of you who are not aware what one is, it is a root vegetable (slightly like a parsnip). I found one which looks remarkably like a smoking pipe, and was wondering whether anyboy has any ideas of a gag or two I could use with it,
Thanks Owen
Cabrera
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
513 Posts

Profile of Cabrera
You could do a quit smoking routine by saying that the root cause needs to be addressed in order to beet the habit. The sugar beet symbolizes the vegetable state that too much smoking can cause. I'm not sugar coating the grim facts.....

Cabrera
"The quilt of life is woven with many different threads"
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Beets me how to quit the habit. Lettuce discuss the consequences of this habit. I agree this has me in a bit of a pickle. (continue with vegetable themes..no magic but comedy involved)

I would recommend perhaps sounding like a radio announcer or tv reporter doing a public service announcement.

Sugar Beets Pipe! The best thing to hit the market in 50 years....ect...

or Use flash paper and pretend to really light the thing. Can you blow smoke rings?
Cabrera
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
513 Posts

Profile of Cabrera
On the other side some people may not carrot all.
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Hi,
Thanks for all the great gags, they really are great. I am interested in any fruit/veg jokes, as my act contains cucumbers as well.
I was thinking of jokes for the cucumber, the only thing I got was something along the lines of how they forgot their cue and how cumbersome this can be!
Thanks,
Owen
Smile
Cabrera
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
513 Posts

Profile of Cabrera
For the adult show you can pull a cucumber out of your front pants pocket and say "see shoe size means nothing"
Not too risque; their minds will do the rest.
Note:
I do not recommended this line for church performances.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Beet the habit
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Gags using a sugar beet! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL