The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » My First Release - Thought Association Card (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Ray,

Which version? Gender-friendly? Plan B? The original?

Regards, Steve
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On 2012-08-21 21:45, yachanin wrote:
Hi Ray,

Regards, Steve

Plan B!

Ray
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Quote:
On 2012-08-21 22:20, Magical Dimensions wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-08-21 21:45, yachanin wrote:
Hi Ray,

Regards, Steve

Plan B!

Ray

... and I bet they had no idea what hit them!

Regards, Steve
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi All,

I'm eager to hear about the performances from all who purchased Thought Association Card, but I'm particularly eager to hear from those in Canada and the UK. Thanks!

Regards, Steve
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi All,

robwar0100 made a comment in another thread and it gave me an idea for those who purchased the manuscript, but have not yet read it: the purchaser should play the part of a volunteer, begin reading the patter and follow along as a volunteer. When they reach the point in the routine where they are to choose a word, they could choose a word from the appropriate word list and then continue with the patter from the appropriate region (Canada or UK). It wouldn't be exactly the same as being an actual volunteer, but might give them an idea (sort of) Smile

If anyone tries this, PM me and let me know how it went. Thanks.

Regards, Steve
Keith Atkinson
View Profile
Regular user
Wigan, UK
196 Posts

Profile of Keith Atkinson
Just ordered, sounds like a no brainer to me, looking forward to this,
Keith.
Pick A Card, Any Card.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Keith,

Make sure you come back and share your experiences performing it. I think you're going to have a great time!

Regards, Steve
Lar
View Profile
Veteran user
New Port Richey, FL
318 Posts

Profile of Lar
Hi all,

I got Steve's Thought Association Card today, and I have to say it's very clever indeed. As the saying goes, this effect "does what it says on the tin".

I can imagine the reactions I would expect to receive with this effect. The choices that your assistants make are fair beyond question, that's what makes the effect seem so 'impossible'.

I'm thinking of what I can do with this and how I would like to perform it and my mind is full of ideas; that's when I know I have something good. It's one of those effects that comes along every once in a while and makes you really think; it's just so devious you can't help smiling.

If you're looking for a practically impromptu and direct Mentalism routine that you can perform at the drop of a hat then you won't be disappointed.

Regards,

Laurence.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi RNK and lhookway,

Thanks for the support. I know you'll enjoy performing "Thought Association Card" and would love to hear your experiences with it.

By the way, has anyone tried pretending they were a volunteer the first time reading the manuscript?

Regards, Steve
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
The more you perform with this, the more the patter will evolve. My favorite is the gender-friendly. I took the title "Cognitive Association Skills Test) and cut and pasted it it onto the single sided card. Laminated with book tape and now I have a test conditions offical card! I personally perfer this over the two sided site impaired card.

Decomposing Into TAC after midnight.

:kewl:
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Decomposed,

I'm glad you're adding your personal touches and I hope there will be many new presentations developed with this.

Regards, Steve

P.S. - I prefer the one-sided card as well Smile
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi All,

I'm sending out one final revision of Thought Association Card. Everyone who has purchased it should receive it by the end of the day. Please let me know if you do not.

The revision contains an alternative handling for the "Gender-Friendly" version. I call it "Sincoff's Gambit" and, depending on your performance style, will play out very well... some may prefer it to the original handling.

Regards, Steve
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Steve,
I am happy for you. Your idea of this routine has grew into something that you can be really proud of.

This is an effect that can be carried in a wallet or shirt pocket and play so big.

I enjoyed playing around with this routine very much and now mix a part of the stage version into the one on one presentation. It now pulls more people in who are standing around and makes it play really big.

As I have already said in another post, this is a keeper.

Best
Ray
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Just put my order in. Very excited to receive it.
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Just to be clear, I don't have to do anything special to receive the PDF do I? Just place my order and it will be sent to me?
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi MagicMaddy,

I will send you the PDF as an email attachment. I'm currently away from my computer, but will have it out to you by this evening. Sorry about the delay.

Regards, Steve
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Quote:
On 2012-09-02 17:12, yachanin wrote:
Hi MagicMaddy,

I will send you the PDF as an email attachment. I'm currently away from my computer, but will have it out to you by this evening. Sorry about the delay.

Regards, Steve

That's perfectly fine, just making sure there wasn't more I needed to do. Thank you. Can't wait to read it.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi MagicMaddy,

Just sent you the PDF. I'm sorry my post was so brief, but I was typing it on my iPhone and my fingers are much bigger than the little buttons, so I made it short Smile I hope you enjoy performing "Thought Association Card" and will share you thoughts and experiences with it here on the Café. Thanks!

Regards, Steve
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Okay here are my initial thoughts after reading through the PDF. Of course, I haven't had a chance to perform it on anyone...YET
But I will be doing that tomorrow and definitely Tuesday. Anyway, here goes:

This is going to be a completely honest review of "Thought Association Card" without any frill.

When I first read through the description of the effect in a little more detail, my stomach instantly dropped. I immediately understood why this could only be performed for 30 year old men. I RARELY perform for that group. I am usually performing for my peers in school (I'm 16) and I honestly didn't see how this trick would work on them. I was extremely disappointed. Maybe it was partly because I was expecting something grand and a true miracle. That being said, I really enjoyed the thinking. I thought it was an EXTREMELY clever routine and I thought many people would be able to use it with great success... I just wouldn't be one of those people.

BUT I kept reading as I knew there were MANY variations. The first variation came around and as I read I grew more and more interested in the effect. Right off the bat with Ray's "Plan B" I realized that I WILL be able to perform this for my peers. His variation is brilliant and completely changed my opinion on the trick. It took what I thought would be impossible to get around and did just that. And he did it without a huge cut in fairness. In fact it may seem even fairer than the original method.

I skipped through the UK and Canadian versions as I had no need to read those since I live in the US.

Then I came upon the "Gender-Friendly" version which I loved instantly. Unlike "Plan B", it has a much more "precise" feel for lack of a better term. It also provided what appears to be a vast number of options for them to choose from in the second stage. This one is really great. Personally, I would rather use this version on someone a bit older than me though. Simply because SOME people my age don't know the required things (Which is rather sad because it is something EVERYONE should know.)

And then you have "Sincoff's Gambit" which is basically an out in case something were to go wrong. But I have a feeling I will never need to use this.

But that wasn't all! Then came the stage version. MAN that is good. I LOVE using the principles that are at play here and to use it with this is just genius. It literally creates an IMPOSSIBLE moment that will convince every single person in the room that you can truely get inside peoples head. Basically you can perform this to someone who is on stage but you can then INSTANTLY tell people in the audience what word THEY are thinking of. It is absolutely brilliant.

After that overview of the individual sectors of the effect, I just HAVE to discuss the awesomeness of this thing in general. This feels like real mind reading. Both for the spectator, but also for you. In some variations, you are literally able to know what word they are thinking of every time they associate it. So you could just do it once and reveal the word. It's hard to describe but you really feel like you are in their mind. Also, all of these routines have a real Jazz feel to them. I love jazz magic where you make it up as you go and this effect allows you to do just that. You can decide which route to take each time to ultimately end the routine how YOU want it ended. That's one of the things I love most about this effect. You hardly have to remember anything. You just sort of make it up as you go.

Now for the cards. I have already printed out the card for "Plan B" and for "Gender-Friendly" as I will be alternating these two. I printed out the "small print" with all 80 words on one side and the "large print" with 40 words on each side. As a note to the people who want to make these cards, I printed mine on "premium gloss brochure and flyer paper" It is perfect for this. It is thinker than normal paper but not as thick as cardboard and it has a glossy look which looks great. I would recommend going that route if you want to print this up. Both lists (4 cards) have already found a home in my wallet.

On a side note, you could type the list of 80 words in a note app on your phone and have it there as well.

Well that is about all I have to say about this incredible piece of real magic. Hope that helped some of you out.

P.S. I REALLY love this

~Madison
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Hello MagicMaddy

I like to thank you for the kind words about my Plan-B and Stage routine. It was a delight to read your views.

Have you thought of doing readings also?

If you have any question feel free to PM me.

Best
Ray
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » My First Release - Thought Association Card (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL