The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Hey Laurie (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Flotsam loves to lay in your lap and have his/her belly rubbed! The fur is softer there. Haven't
seen Flotsam since the snow fell. Hope the little thing is OK...

Doug
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I used to go to the Longhorn Outdoor Show every year with my Uncle as a kid. Once there were people with a pet raccoon there and another time there were people with a pet skunk. My favorite animal memory as a kid was getting to hold and pet a baby tiger though. I had a pic that was up in Mum's office for a long time but she lost it Smile
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I'm bummed. I can't find Flotsam. I called and called. Nothing. Sheesh. There were two at first.
I called "Here kitty, kitty, kitty!" and they both came running after I befriended them. You should
have seen them! So comical waddling down the road in my direction! That's why I called them
Flotsam and Jetsam. It just fit! Well one disappeared.

I can't tell them apart, but I figured I'd call the one skunk left, Flotsam. Now that one is gone.
Gosh darn it. I don't even know where to look. Maybe it's hibernating for the winter? Hope so.
I had a wild raccoon in Florida. I had 5 cats and the raccoon kept eating out of the cats' bowls.
So I made him up a bowl of his own. He ate cat food, and was happy.

In Florida, at the Octagon Wildlife Sanctuary in North Fort Myers, I also took care of 2 baby
tigers, a baby black panther, a baby leopard and two baby Florida panthers, one of which was
a test tube baby, first of its kind. Those cats grew up, and were as loving as any house cat.
Just BIGGER! Man, that one leopard grew to 600lbs! His name was King, and he'd roll over so
you could rub his belly!

I also took care of a llama. What an unusual creature HE was! I love animals! Smile

Doug
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Laurie good to see you here on the Café again .
you were missing in action

the godfather
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Thanks, vinny. I been hangin' around down here tracking porcupine, but got back to the coin section yesterday. Smile

Doug, I'd say give the little one a little time and hopefully s/he'll be back around in the Spring. Skunks slow down in winter and may come out in mild weather. Breeding season starting soon, too. Or maybe someone brought Flotsam inside for the winter. Smile
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Laurie will you be attending the convention this year Magic live in august????
let me know
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2013-01-31 21:08, magicalaurie wrote:
Doug, I'd say give the little one a little time and hopefully s/he'll be back around in the Spring.

I hope so. I miss my little friend. Smile
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I don't think I'll be at Magic Live, vinny.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2013, Dougini wrote:
I had a pet goat! Goats are wonderful! Delicious, too. I love Curry Goat! However, they make
a great pet. Highly recommended. They keep your lawn mowed, too. I have a pet skunk. Not
really a pet, as it's wild, but Flotsam is very friendly! I love the little creature! Eats out of my
hand and loves to be petted!

Doug

Quote:
On Jan 31, 2013, Dougini wrote:
I'm bummed. I can't find Flotsam. I called and called. Nothing. Sheesh. There were two at first.
I called "Here kitty, kitty, kitty!" and they both came running after I befriended them. You should
have seen them! So comical waddling down the road in my direction! That's why I called them
Flotsam and Jetsam. It just fit! Well one disappeared.

I can't tell them apart, but I figured I'd call the one skunk left, Flotsam. Now that one is gone.
Gosh darn it. I don't even know where to look. Maybe it's hibernating for the winter? Hope so.
I had a wild raccoon in Florida. I had 5 cats and the raccoon kept eating out of the cats' bowls.
So I made him up a bowl of his own. He ate cat food, and was happy.

In Florida, at the Octagon Wildlife Sanctuary in North Fort Myers, I also took care of 2 baby
tigers, a baby black panther, a baby leopard and two baby Florida panthers, one of which was
a test tube baby, first of its kind. Those cats grew up, and were as loving as any house cat.
Just BIGGER! Man, that one leopard grew to 600lbs! His name was King, and he'd roll over so
you could rub his belly!

I also took care of a llama. What an unusual creature HE was! I love animals! Smile

Doug

He probably heard what happened to the goat.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Dillie has her own room, and her own site. Smile
http://www.dilliedeer.com/
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hey Laurie! Good seeing you.

I wonder if the first pic posted was taken in a China Shop?
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Lovely. Happy new year.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Thank you. Happy New Year to you, as well.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I've submitted this little song I wrote for Michael to CBC Searchlight 2020. Voting starts Feb. 4. Round 1 voting goes to the 13th. 100 will make it to round 2. I'll be back with a link when the site goes live. For now, here's the video:

magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Here is the voting link:

https://ngx.me/3pBXGbi.h?ngxItemID=c4d11......d06d6e35

Voting for Round 1 is daily, to the 13th of February, and, I think, allowed on multiple devices. Thank you! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Hey Laurie (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL