The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Would You Like to Go Into Space? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
If so, where?

I would love to walk on the moon.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of magicfish
I would if I could just snap my fingers and be there for about a half hour just to see the earth... Then straight back home.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Absolutely. Anywhere would be fine with me.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
If I recall correctly, one of us is...
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5359 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Yes!

I'd even take a one way trip to colonize one of the planets.

I'd love to be far enough out to see the entire globe looking as if it is hanging there.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Yes. I'd like to go to the moon or even just earth orbit.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11159 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Absolutely! I'd go anywhere as long as I wouldn't have to connect through Atlanta.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Yes, Babylon 5
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Quote:
On 2012-07-24 13:03, Michael Baker wrote:
Absolutely! I'd go anywhere as long as I wouldn't have to connect through Atlanta.

Then don't take Delta... Smile
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1298 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Definitely! It's been on my bucket list for years, don't know if it will happen though! It could be a landing or just a cruise, I don't care but it would be cool to experience zero gravity out beyond earths atmosphere. And if I got to drive or sit in a little car and ride around on the moon, I don't really care what form of fuel or energy it runs on.

Glen
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
I would!

Not sure if there's still all that training involved though, I want to go, I just don't want to go through the training. Purchase a ticket then hope on a spaceship and away I go.
Life of Magic!
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2904 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Yeah, I'd like to go, mostly to look back and see the Earth all at once.

Actually, I've been wondering, ever since 1969, how it must feel to look at the moon and go, "yep, been there."
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
No bcause Bob would see me and not want to speak to me and my feelings would be hurt.
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
I'd orbit around Jupiter or Saturn. Must look AWESOME when you're closer to it.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2488 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I would give almost anything I had to be able to go into space. For now I have to settle for the Stratosphere.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
I'd love to go to Mars. My Grandfather had read Percival Lowell and told me about how Lowell thought he saw canals on Mars and we would speculate on whether there had ever been liquid water on Mars and such. Even though I knew it was a trick of the eyes I drew copies of Lowell's sketches just to feel a connection.

I think it would be a pretty spare existence but I'd love to go if we ever set up a colony there. I'd bring cards and a ball., I've always wondered how flourishing and jugglery would change in no (and reduced) gravity.

-Mary Mowder
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16237 Posts

Profile of tommy
Where else can you go but into space?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2488 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
The only juggling you could do without gravity is the type where you snatch the balls out of the air. Anything else won't work becasue not only will the balls not fall, they will keep going up and out of your reach. Dribble juggling might work. I saw a guy at Cirq Du Soliel do that once with small rubber balls. He bounced them against the floor repeatedly. But again, standard Juggling will fail.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Quote:
On 2012-07-24 15:10, Cliffg37 wrote:
Dribble juggling might work. I saw a guy at Cirq Du Soliel do that once with small rubber balls. He bounced them against the floor repeatedly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD-ki0q8d80
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
ClintonMagus, Too cool.

Cliffg37, I agree with your assessment. The juggling we see is based on where we live. If conditions changed so would the Jugglery. Things still have mass in zero G and I think there would be more of a reliance on mass meeting mass as in parts of contact juggling. I guess it would be like ball herding. Juggling isn't about being told what would work. Even for a poor juggler like myself, it is about getting in there and playing with it to see what will happen.

What else is the play you see Astronauts doing in zero G if not Jugglery? Onward and outward.

-Mary Mowder
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Would You Like to Go Into Space? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL