The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Thought Association Card review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Ray is always coming up with new creative ways!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Let's see it Ray
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi All,

Just finished sending the revised manuscript of Thought Association Card with Ray's "Plan B" to everyone who has already purchased it. The revised manuscript will be sent out to new purchases.

Regards, Steve
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Just got this and used it within 20 minutes office. My office mate said I should have used this on America's Got Talent. Guess that says how nice it is.

Decomposing into Word Association
cpatchett
View Profile
Veteran user
My current prediction is that I have
337 Posts

Profile of cpatchett
Got the update from Steve with Ray's ideas and it resolves all concerns I had with it. I think Ray's ideas actually strengthen the effect as they add some different directions to lead the two spectators, making it harder to figure out what just happened at the end of the effect!

Thanks guys.

Craig
Magician: Someone willing to spend $15 to learn how to make $1 disappear.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Craig,

I knew I had to include "Plan B" in the manuscript as soon as Ray told me about it... just too cool.

Regards, Steve
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1747 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
Quote:
On 2012-08-06 00:16, Decomposed wrote:
Just got this and used it within 20 minutes office. My office mate said I should have used this on America's Got Talent. Guess that says how nice it is.

Decomposing into Word Association

This is good to hear, and it confirms/affirms my decision to put it in my show. Ray's Plan B is nice, too.

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I think that this would be great for a pre-show routine. Thanks to Michael Peterson for suggesting pre-show!

I can see this playing VERY big on stage combined with another idea that I have.
I will run it by Steve ( yachanin ) first and see what he has to say about it.

Ray
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi All,

I just posted Ray's idea for a stage presentation in the "Mentally Speaking" forum. I think a lot of people will love it!

Regards, Steve
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi All,

I'm very close to finishing a revised manuscript of "Thought Association Card". It will contain versions for use in Canada and in the UK. It will also have a "gender-friendly" version that can be used in Canada, the UK, and the U.S. If all goes well, it should be ready by the end of next week!

Regards, Steve
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1747 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
Steve,

Thank you for letting me get a glimpse of the new gender-friendly version. When you consider your original version, Ray's addition and this new variation, I think you are giving the performer a number of ways to present it depending upon the circumstances. You give us a lot of options. Well done.

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Quote:
On 2012-08-12 00:44, yachanin wrote:
Hi All,

I'm very close to finishing a revised manuscript of "Thought Association Card". It will contain versions for use in Canada and in the UK. It will also have a "gender-friendly" version that can be used in Canada, the UK, and the U.S. If all goes well, it should be ready by the end of next week!

Regards, Steve

Will this be made available to us that have purchased as an add-on or will it be an additional cost?
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
It will be sent to those who have already purchased "Thought Association Card".

Regards, Steve
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I have it and I think it is great. I plan on using this one!

Decomposing Into New THought Card
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Bobby,

Thanks. I had hoped the revised manuscript would provide more options and I'm glad you think it does as well Smile

Regards, Steve
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I just used the new card at a local Exxon. I first did my usual telling the person her actual bday. But get this, I then pulled out the newest TAC and did the chunnel with the new revision and got a better reaction. Well it was a laughing reaction, a I cant believe it rather then the first stunned silent reaction.

I know once I play with this and more, it will become even better. Smile

Decomposing at 2:34 am CST
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Decomposed,

I never performed this at a gas station. What an interesting place to bring a few minutes of enjoyment into a person's life Smile

Regards, Steve
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi All,

Just a quick line to let you know that the revised Thought Association Card will be available later this evening (around 9:00pm EST). It will have versions suitable for use with Canadian and UK volunteers and a more "gender-friendly" version as well.

Regards, Steve
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi All,

The newly revised Thought Association Card is now available with Canadian, UK, and "gender-friendly" versions included.

All those who have previously purchased "Thought Association Card" have been sent the revised manuscript.

Regards, Steve
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Quote:
On 2012-07-31 10:23, robwar0100 wrote:

...Isn't it a shame, sort of, that we never got to experience the effect performed for us, because this is a thing of terrifying beauty, if I may steal a phrase...

Bobby

Hi Bobby,

Your comment gave me an idea for those who purchase the manuscript, but have not yet read it: the purchaser should play the part of a volunteer, begin reading the patter and follow along as a volunteer. When they reach the point in the routine where they are to choose a word, they could choose a word from the appropriate word list and then continue with the patter from the appropriate region (Canada or UK). It wouldn't be exactly the same as being an actual volunteer, but might give them an idea (sort of) Smile

Regards, Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Thought Association Card review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL