The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2012 entrée: Doug Higley » » Doug Higley - Movie Star » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13152 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Doug

I recently saw a movie with you and Jimmy Walker in it, and have heard about another just being released.

Can you talk about your recent re entry into movies, in front of the camera, as well as your voiceover work on film?

Tony
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
1942 - 2022
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Hmmm...not much to say there...hmmmm
Fred Olen Ray (who was one of my early customers when he owned a sideshow) recently made a movie called Super Shark. I was 'atmosphere' in one scene. Smile Though I did get to do a voice in the film as well as a radio news announcer (and got a credit). made some great new friends and Jimmy Walker and I had some laughs (a REALLY nice bright guy despite his Good Times persona)
Recently Jeff Murray (yep the Sideshow guy) made his first movie, Bigfoot's Wild Weekend and I did the ADR vocalizations for the big Guy. That was fun and we got to drive a few hundred miles to the theatrical premier up near Yosemite.
Other than that I've done a few movie trailers of really crappy movies. haha. You can see one of them on my page http://lionpoint.com

I did do another movie back in the 80's as well. My uncle was a professional extra...so it runs in the family. My daughter Andi is currently lead editor on a feature being made and under contract for a few more. very cool.

In the 80's early 90's, I had my own operation, and made films, commercials and Industrials...well I say 'films' but it was really on video. That background really goes all the way back to 1970 when I was involved on early (real pioneering stuff) use of Chroma key Special FX for a TV show I had.

I still collect 16mm features though and have been a film collector since a kid when I made countless 8mm special FX and animated films in the basement.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
We we visited you had good insights into what makes a movie good and bad. Could you list some of those points?
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Pro Puppets, Magic & Animatronics
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
1942 - 2022
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I'd love to Steve! But...NO.

At least not here. Smile There are thousands of reasons as there are thousands of elements. I do think of all those elements one is Paramount (yeah intended) and that is Editing (Timing).
Those decisions can enhance or kill a decent script and production. But generally speaking, I'd have to be in a conversation to advance any theories...as it's not Universal (haha) but show specific. Bottom line is somebody with TALENT has to be in charge.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
So your not going to remake "The Giant Claw", afterall ?
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
1942 - 2022
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Haha...IF I re-made a property, it wouldn't be that one...it's PERFECT as is. Smile

I might like to do KRONOS though.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2012 entrée: Doug Higley » » Doug Higley - Movie Star » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL