The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 2-Colored Pencils (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4104 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Having a hard time finding:

- pencils that are one color on one end, another color at the other end.

- Whereas the 'body' of most pencils is yellow, the body of these pencils is split - each half being the same color as its lead.

- I did find a red/blue at my local art supply store, but I'm looking for blue/black (or, blue and regular lead). The colors need to be less contrasting.

- Asked the art store guy "what exactly are these called?" so I could search online more easily. He said he didn't know!

- eBay doesn't seem to be a good source. Found a few (wrong colors). Had to keep subtracting words from my search that had to do with make-up! Smile

- Google - went through a few pages, but didn't see any online general retail sources. Perhaps my search terms are not the best.

Or, they just don't make these much anymore.

If anyone knows a decent source, I would appreciate knowing it.

Thanks -
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Very cool. I have only seen the red and blue ones engineers used.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4104 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Well, just got home from work...visiting "Teaching, Etc..." on the way home for another strike out....

....only to find Clinton seems to have found these with embarrassing ease. I didn't try "dual" or "double" when I searched. I came up with mostly places that would make them for you in quantity.

That's always my fear in asking for an assist here....that's why I listed what I attempted! Smile

So Clinton, "yes" (though the Amazon ones look same color on each end - strange, the first couple of pencils on the left look contrasting, but the others don't. The description says each pencil gives you a different shade, but they look the same. May have to buy to check it out). Actually, office supply never occurred to me. Art supply and crafts.

Anyway, a big thanks to you!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4104 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Ignore most of the 4th paragraph in the last post - ended up describing something I found later.

Here's what I want with (most of the pencils here look the same, but the claim is that they are all a different shade. Close contrast is what I want, so hopefully these will fill the bill.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003O85......_product

Thanks, Clinton.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 2-Colored Pencils (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL