The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Official Kutztown Convention Information (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
Another Kutztown Convention Update:

We have now added Dan Harlan as well. So you will have Dan Harlan, Juliana Chen, Whit Haydn, Richard Osterlind, Thom Peterson, and Michael Finney. Plus your dinner, close-up parlor shows, lectures, dealers, auction, evening show and free dinner if you register in time or before we hit our meal limit. Again, Nov. 10th in Kutztown PA. E-mail revmike@ptd.net for more info.
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
Is there an estimate of how many people are registered? Also, can you drop some dealer names?
-Matt
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
Last e-mail out to everybody had many of the dealers listed. This is not complete yet; there will be a few more added but we have at least 8 or 9 listed now.
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Can I come?
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
See PM
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
The best one-day convention on the East Coast just got better! Congratulations to Mike and all the Kuntztown organizers for again booking a great set of talented performers, and who aren't just "coins and cards" guys. No offense to close up workers, but I am thrilled that they have a full array of stage performers (some of whom are also close up experts) who have different styles and won't just offer the same canned stuff we see at a lot of lectures and conventions. I am really looking forward to it, and will drive all the way from DC for the fourth year in a row. Kudos to Kuntztown!
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Money sent, can't wait!
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I would love to see Kozmo there.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
Good afternoon everybody,

First of all, I wish to thank all of those who already registered for the Kutztown Convention on Nov. 10th.

1. The premium seating offer has now expired, but rest assured, there are still good seats left for those who register.
2. We have had a strong response to our Premium Seating offer thus please realize that while the Meal deadline is technically Nov. 1st, there is a very good chance we will be out of meal "slots" before the Nov. 1st deadline. So if you want to assure yourself of the free evening meal, get your registrations in as soon as possible.

We are proud to announce that our line-up to date for the Kutztown Convention is as follows:
• Juliana Chen
• Whit "Pop" Haydn
• Thom "The Amazing Guy" Peterson
• Richard Osterlind
• Dan Harlan
• Michael Finney

Remember, for your all-day ticket of $60.00 you get:
• Access to many dealers
• A Magic Auction (more great deals)
• At least 2 lectures
• The close-up/Parlor Show
• The Free Meal (If register in time)
• The Grand Gala Evening Show
• And last but not least, lots of great fellowship with other magicians and a darn good time!

If you have already registered you don't have to do anything, you are good. If you have not registered yet you may register and pay either by paypal or by check. Instructions for either are on the reg. form and contace me if you need the form. Any questions contact me at (610) 698-0311 or e-mail me at revmike@ptd.net

Have a magical day!

Mike
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
Just now also made another change to enhance the convention. Schultz Catering will be there with a Food Trailer serving hamburgers, hotdogs, soups, salads, chicken fingers and more from 10-2 PM. Also I am also certain we will sell out of the meals before the Nov. 1st deadline so get your registrations in. Contact me at revmike@ptd.net if you need a reg. form or more information
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
Just a reminder that the meal deadline of Nov. 1st is quickly sneaking up on us. Convention now less than a month away. Get your registrations in.

Remember, you may also register at the door if you are not in a position to commit early, and enjoy all the benefits of the convention other than the free meal.

Don't miss this great day of magic, fun and fellowship.
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
This convention is on my list to attend next year. Unfortunately, I'm unable to attend this year.
ThatsJustWrong!
View Profile
Special user
My flying monkeys are perched on
629 Posts

Profile of ThatsJustWrong!
Will Richard Osterlind be lecturing or just performing?
Joe Leo

All entertainers can benefit from some help from an experienced stage director. How about you?

www.MisfitMysteries.com
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
He will be part of Evening Show and will have some part in the Day's activities as well. We are still finalizing all the details in association with the performers.
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
Also just a heads up - If you wish the free meal, the deadline is less than two weeks away, Nov. 3rd. Every year, right after the deadline passes I get calls and e-mails asking if a meal is still available. Please note the deadline.

However, if you cannot pre-register, no worries on the convention itself. You can register at the door the day of the convention and get all activities, lectures, etc. as everyone else. The only thing you will not be able to get is the free meal.

Hope to see you at Kutztown.
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
No big advertisement. Just personally very excited at the diversity and sheer talent we will have and am anxious to meet and learn from them. As one of the organizers of this convention (and believe me I am not alone, several of us do this) I have talked with all of our headliners. Talk about a great group of people. Not only are they wonderful magicians, they have been wonderful to communicate and work with as well. Can't wait for the convention.

Juliana Chen
Whit Haydn
Richard Osterlind
Thom Peterson
Dan Harlan
Michael Finney

I will enjoy it . Hope some of you will take advantage of this opportunity as well.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Missed it the last 2 years, glad to say I'll be there!
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
I am making this update simply because I am getting calls from magicians concerned they have missed the Kutztown Convention Registration Deadline.

Here is the scoop - There is no deadline for registration for the convention - normally 20 or more people register at the door the day of the convention every year, so just to make sure all are clear. You can come next Saturday and register at the door. The only thing you will not receive is the free meal.

The deadline most are thinking of is the meal deadline, and that is because we have to give the meal count to the Caterer.

I spoke to the School Today. The paperwork says the meal deadline is Nov. 1st. Because of Sandy I know many in our area have been greatly impacted. I have parishioners in my church who probably will not have power until later next week.

Because of that the meal deadline is extended to Sunday afternoon. If you want the free meal, you must contact me via e-mail or phone (610) 698-0311 and give me your information; I will reserve your spot on the registration list and then please immediately pay by paypal or get your check in the mail. I call the total count in at 8:00 AM Monday morning and after that no meals can be added (No exceptions).

Please feel free to contact me with any questions. We are looking to have a great convention this year.

Mike
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
Only 1 week - At this time next Saturday I will be getting things ready at the School with many of our other members to open another great convention. Hope to see a lot of you there.......
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
Does anyone in PA know how the gas situation is? Where I am in NY, shipments of gas are gone within hours. Most of my trip will be through NJ, and I know that a lot of stations in NJ cannot pump gas currently, and I don't know how it will be in the coming week
-Matt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Official Kutztown Convention Information (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL