The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Is tthis a person or what? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I read a bit of an article about a model making a twitter joke, I don't twitter myself, about the murders in Colorado. Someone, or it may be a group, got upset who is named Deadmau5.

Has anyone heard of Deadmau5? I can't figure out if there is a pronunciation I can't determine or is it like the MC5 and you say the five or the article just did a typo. Can someone phonetically pronounce this one for me?
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
He's Canadian producer Joel Zimmerman and his stage name, Deadmau5, is pronounced "dead mouse."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadmau5

And he was correct in his comment to the idiot model who thought it was funny to tweet about the Aurora shooting that it must have been a "movie to die for."
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Thank you, dead mouse never crossed my mind. Wasn't there a reggae guy named something mouse in the late 70s? I have to check if they are the same person.

Should I change my name to 5t3v3? It would be cool.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Die Fletermau5.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I read about him and I get the name now and I have no idea what the music is he makes but I like him cuz he seems interesting.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On 2012-07-27 15:04, mastermindreader wrote:
And he was correct in his comment to the idiot model who thought it was funny to tweet about the Aurora shooting that it must have been a "movie to die for."

Dane Cook made some jokes about it too. But he's a professional comedian, so, you know, no big deal.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I didn't have the slightest bit of respect for that hack Dane Cook before, so nothing has changed.
~Will Rogers
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
No, it IS a big deal. Dane Cook is an idiot too.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
But he was an idiot before.
Dane Cook has been called out for blatantly ripping off jokes from Demitri Martin, Emo Phillips, and- perhaps most famously- Louis C.K. and I've never met another comic who didn't detest him for it.
~Will Rogers
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Who the hell is Dane Cook?

That models joke was what a dumb kid would say
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Is tthis a person or what? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL