The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » ARONSON STACK (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicPresident
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of MagicPresident
What are some great effects that use this stack
that DO NOT require memorizing it? And their source?
MAGIC HAPPENS !
Eric Richardson
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Eric Richardson
Check out:

Simon Aronson's wonderful "Try the Impossible". It has a huge chapter of exactly what you are looking for. Also check out his book "Bound to please" and his website (simonaronson.com) for even more.

Dennis Loomis has some great articles and routines for the Aronson stack at his website: loomismagic.com

I also have two books that are specifically about the Aronson stack. They can be found at vanishingincmagic.com

Hope this helps!

Best,
Eric
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Thanks for the plug, Eric. I love your stuff, especially Southside Johnny. (For anyone that doesn't know, this is a great story effect along the lines of Sam the Bellhop but which uses the Aronson Stack. You'll find it in Eric's book: Oasis which as Eric says is available from Josh and Andy at http://www.vanishingincmagic.com

To Magic President: My favorite of the effects that are built into the stack is "Aces Awry." It is often the first card effect I do in a set. And it doesn't require that you have the stack memorized. (And you don't have to set up the whole stack... only cards 1-22.) However, I would say this, my friend. If you are going to work with the Aronson Stack, jump in and start to learn it. It's just not as hard to memorize 52 cards as you may think. And then you'll have the whole range of amazing tricks you can do with the stack available to learn.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » ARONSON STACK (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL