The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2012 entrée: Doug Higley » » Ripley's Believe It or Not! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3743 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Hey Doug,

Some folks might not be aware of your inclusion in the collection of Ripley's Believe It or Not!.

That said, how did this no small feat come about anyway?
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
1942 - 2022
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
That was such a great honor and a life long dream come true.
Basically it involved my making 49 Zibits over 2 weeks time. Magician/Vent/Promoter Jimmy Vee liked the ideas I have in the How-To Grind Show Manual so much...his brain kicked in and he booted it up to the next level. I had mentioned that I and Harry Murphey had over time showed a Zibit in the trunk of our cars to make a few bucks at events. Jimmy got a bunch of car dealers he worked with to agree to a massive coast to coast (and Canada) promotion...Have a Strange Thing Zibit FOUND in the trunk of a trade in vehicle and invite the Public to see the Monster In The Trunk! 49 Zibits were needed FAST...the promotion was hugely successful...record car sales resulted.

The manager of Ripley's odditorium got wind of it...loved the idea and contacted the home office and John Anthony Graziano, the Ripley's cartoonist did the toon. I was also contacted by the UK office to be included in the annual hard cover book. STRIKINGLY TRUE was published with a couple of my zibits on page 220 PLUS one of my Mermaids that was actually part of the promotion was displayed in the Lobby of the Hollywood Ripley's Museum.

The most coolest neato groovy peachiest keen thing of my entire life!

For another BIG usage of the Zibits and The Strange Thing concept, SEE: http://history.grindshow.com
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2012 entrée: Doug Higley » » Ripley's Believe It or Not! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL