The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I hate my wife (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2012-07-31 12:53, Kevin Connolly wrote:
But you get a nice allowance. Beats working for a living.

No, I work. You must have missed a post somewhere.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
First, let me say how sorry I am that there seems to be such a gap between you. A lot of folks say that marriage is a 50/50 proposition, but I disagree - it is a 100/100 proposition. My wife and family are the most important things in my life, and most of my life revolves around them.

I don't know much about your family other than the few things I've learned here, but I know that there has to be hope for you. I could give you a lot of advice, but none of it would mean anything. Just think back to what brought you together to begin with, and work with that. If it was something other than money, then there is hope.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
I don't think it is good for your son to see you eating crap on a daily basis.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Quote:
On 2012-07-31 13:37, Pop Haydn wrote:
I don't think it is good for your son to see you eating crap on a daily basis.

How very true.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Smile
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Cat's in the craddle and a silver spoon comes to mind...
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Sounds like you have the Cups...just need the Balls. Verbal abuse is as damaging to a kid as a chair (wooden of course) across the back of the head. My daughter was 7 when I told her to pack her bag. We never looked back and had a fantastic life as a real team and avoided all the ugly verbal BS that would have ensued had we stuck it out. NOBODY needs that crap.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Its so easy to give advice on the topic and those of us who have been through it really want to help by offering such advice. However when you are the one in the mud its hard to see a clear view of things.

For the record I am also on the side of " Do you want to raise your son in an environment that is not healthy which teaches him such behaviour is acceptable? " Would you want the same life for him down the road?

Ok... now for the best advice you will EVER get from anyone. PERIOD! Are you listening?

Nobody knows your situation better than you. You know all the roadblocks and realities. Knowing what you know...... Imagine your best friend in the whole world being in the exact same position. What advice would you give that person? Whatever it is ... FOLLOW it yourself.

Take Care Jeff,

Tim
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Quote:
On 2012-07-31 14:04, Doug Higley wrote:
My daughter was 7 when I told her to pack her bag.

How could you throw your daughter out Brother Doug?
I know what you meant, but I couldn't pass on this one...
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2012-07-31 14:31, The Drake wrote:

Nobody knows your situation better than you. You know all the roadblocks and realities. Knowing what you know...... Imagine your best friend in the whole world being in the exact same position. What advice would you give that person?

Thanks, Tim. But the truth of the matter is that I would advise my best friend to do what he thinks best. I wouldn't intrude on his decision making process.

I'll get through this.

Like a monk, maybe.

(That was a joke, folks.)
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2012-07-31 14:49, stoneunhinged wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-07-31 14:31, The Drake wrote:

Nobody knows your situation better than you. You know all the roadblocks and realities. Knowing what you know...... Imagine your best friend in the whole world being in the exact same position. What advice would you give that person?

Thanks, Tim. But the truth of the matter is that I would advise my best friend to do what he thinks best. I wouldn't intrude on his decision making process.

I'll get through this.

Like a monk, maybe.

(That was a joke, folks.)

If that is the advice you'd give then that's the advice you should follow. Do what YOU think best. that's all you can do.

Best,

Tim
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Maybe the fact that you posted a thread with this title says it all? It's your choice man, but my intuition says you are close to making a choice.

I know what it's like to be separated from a son. But I can't tell you what to do. All I can tell you is my son likes seeing his dad a happy man. He's about to come on holiday with us for three weeks. He is also 13. Hang in there mate. I can feel how nasty this is for you.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
The key word in all this is 'Hate'. Extremely unhealthy atmospherics. Whatever the advise...get healthy my friend.
Who ever stays or goes, that emotion saps all life.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
hou_dini
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of hou_dini
Don't sell the kid short. At 13 he's got a lot more going on than you give him credit for. He feels your pain as expressed through those " moments" . Have a good and real heart to heart talk with him. Then make your decision. I wish you the best----
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Stoneunhinged, do you actually talk to her about stuff or have those moments long gone?
And, do you like her company at all when just doing things around the house or do you bicker the whole time?
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
There has got to be a better way. That's no way to live, life's too short. Good luck Stoney! We're pulling for you.
zmg013
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of zmg013
There r always problems in every marriage. If your that unhappy get out.
Sometimes people stay together for the kids.
Not nice to bash your spouse publicly no matter how bad.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
This is not a bar and you are discussing some pretty intimate subjects.

I know you are under a lot of pressure with your Sister and Partner's Cancer Stoneunhinged but I'd feel violated if my partner discussed such details of our relationship even anonymously.

Some of you others might think about the discussion on an open forum as well.

Everybody fights, I can't count how many fights Tom and I have had over dishes. We don't all agree on how carefully we should tend the planet on our Children's behalf. Work it out or don't.

Please keep you most personal details more personal.

Venting doesn't mean it's time to go. Stone said he loves his Wife.

By the way, have Men attained parity in bathroom cleaning? LOL

-Mary Mowder
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2012-07-31 18:33, Mary Mowder wrote:
This is not a bar and you are discussing some pretty intimate subjects.

I know you are under a lot of pressure with your Sister and Partner's Cancer Stoneunhinged but I'd feel violated if my partner discussed such details of our relationship even anonymously.

Some of you others might think about the discussion on an open forum as well.

Everybody fights, I can't count how many fights Tom and I have had over dishes. We don't all agree on how carefully we should tend the planet on our Children's behalf. Work it out or don't.

Please keep you most personal details more personal.

Venting doesn't mean it's time to go. Stone said he loves his Wife.

By the way, have Men attained parity in bathroom cleaning? LOL

-Mary Mowder

Smile Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Maybe Stone's wife should have tended to her marriage relationship. If she were to feel violated maybe that might actually wake her up out of her selfishness. She's violated him far too much to have a complaint.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I hate my wife (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL