The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2012 entrée: Doug Higley » » Your escape work... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Hi Doug,

I'd love to know more about your escape work you mentioned in a previous post.

What stuff did you do? Where did you do it? And anything else you care to share.....?

Cheers Smile
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
1942 - 2022
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I will have to wait till somebody passes away before I reveal the key story of that Escape Act. 1. So as not to embarass that person. 2. To not get in a ****ing match.

I'll say this...it was not all that good an act...but it did lead to a successful career in broadcasting. Smile

It began as part of my Magic/Dove/Illusion act and then became a stand alone as an emergency method to get work and pay the rent. I was not into it like most EA's...I didn't collect cuffs or keys or study locksmithing. It was 15 minutes of good material but because of my (at the time) thick new York accent, must have been a hoot. It included a (very stupid and dangerous) stunt, that to this day, I wonder how I didn't retain serious brain damage.
One of the main elements was a little comedy routine taught to me by the great Mario Mancini (who's still a terrific hard working star.) I met Mario while he was with Ringling Bros in 1966 or 67 and he was generous to a fault in helping me routine some stuff and pass on some of his ideas. I'll always owe him for that.

But the main story, that virtually ended my doing escapes some 40+ years ago, involves another individual who shall remain unidentified (forever) but I'll tell the tale at some future date. I am not the person to soil anyone's reputation with negatives based on an incident no matter how egregious. Smile Questions on this will not be answered...and further discussion is pointless at this time. Trust me.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2012 entrée: Doug Higley » » Your escape work... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL