The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Time after time » » Knuckle Busting Moves (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
Ever practice Hi-Tech moves for Hours...Weeks...Months and then be to nervous to use them in a working environment? They work fine on family and friends but "at work" I still rely on the tried and true, afraid to break new ground.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4832 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yeah, when you are working for the $$$ you use what you know works!!! That's not to say that I don't use hard moves but I have done them 10000 Times!!! You have to try them out on people you have worked for a lot! Again I would put them with the walk on water tricks! You do one only after they know you are Good!

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
TheJames
View Profile
New user
USA
24 Posts

Profile of TheJames
Oh yeah, I know what that feels like. I had the Ring Leader routine down, and when I went to my first gig since learning it, I decided not to use it because I had so many other things that I knew would kill. Yeah, I'm a chicken. But once you do that routine that you have been working on, you'll do it forever. It's that first time that's the hardest
A wedding? I love weddings! Drinks all around!

http://jraglandmagicstore.cjb.net
Justin Craddock
View Profile
Regular user
buffalo,ny
127 Posts

Profile of Justin Craddock
I am afraid to do coins for people, even though I know I'm good at it; and when I do them they "kill". This is just a confidence issue, and I am just starting to get over it. A Magician I know told me to "just do it", and believe it or not it helps so much to just do it.
"When a performance is over, What remains"
huggie50
View Profile
Regular user
North Las Vegas
109 Posts

Profile of huggie50
Keep practicing the sleights, one day you will feel confident with it and start using it. It just takes practice and time.
Magically yours,
Huggie
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27074 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Sure, I still don't use Ramsay's mid-air vanish in public. The one-handed vanish I do use took a couple of years of practice before it went into performance. The classic pass is something that remains outside my comfort zone so instead I use a reverse pass.

Hope this perspective helps
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Stephen Barney
View Profile
Regular user
UK
130 Posts

Profile of Stephen Barney
Remember that it's not the sleight that makes the magic. Fred Kapps was not afraid to use a gimick rather than a sleight. his philosophy was use the simplest method to make the magic happen. I think we often learn complicated sleight just for self gratification. Hey I can talk Smile
Fayaad Manie
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of Fayaad Manie
Quote:
On 2004-06-17 14:33, Stephen Barney wrote:
Remember that it's not the sleight that makes the magic. Fred Kapps was not afraid to use a gimick rather than a sleight. his philosophy was use the simplest method to make the magic happen. I think we often learn complicated sleight just for self gratification. Hey I can talk Smile

I agree totally. The audience does not know the difference between a difficult sleight and an easy one. They shouldn't know the difference becuase is shouldn't be seen at all. I enjoy practicing hard moves because it gives me that sense of accomplishment.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Time after time » » Knuckle Busting Moves (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL