The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Everyone Has a Plan Until they Get Hit (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2140 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Smile Well, I've been hit and I am working hard to recover my balance. This admission might be the kiss of death for my company but I feel I owe it to my customers to remain honest and completely above board. My company has been the victim of a scam perpetuated by one of my formally trusted component suppliers; after finding that I place regular order to them, they have been feeding me substandard components in a effort to squeeze a little extra profit out of me. These parts easily pass my quality testing befor I ship but they soon die after a period of regular use. So, what does this mean? Well, it means I am unable to restock 6th Scent or OHM until further notice while I work on redesign. My other products are not effected by this.

I hope that those of you who have shown appreciation of my approach to mentalism will stay tuned and trust that I will overcome this blow.

All the best,

Christopher Taylor
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I'm very sorry to read this, and that something like is has happened to you.
I'm also very proud to do business with someone as upfront and honest as you.

Tony
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2027 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
I've been considering an Ohm purchase, and I'm sorry to hear of this. But I applaud your forthrightness. This development would certainly not prevent me from ordering Ohm if/when the redesigned version becomes available.
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3044 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
So sorry to hear this. Christopher.

But it is not the "kiss of death," at all!
You are a trusted and well respected developer and member of this community.
If anything, the way you are handling this set-back, reinforces your extraordinarily positive reputation.

I also consider you a friend.
In that regard, any small thing that I can do to help, I would be happy to do.

e
Magicus
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of Magicus
Sorry to hear about this bump in the road.

Still happy I purchased from you today. Thanks again for your excellent customer service.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
I've had the same thing happen to me in my business and it's very honest of you to speak up about it. Keeping quiet would have been so easy, and the fact that you didn't is a credit to your business practices. If I'm going to deal with someone then that's the kind of person I want to be dealing with.

best,
Sean
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2140 Posts

Thank you, each and every one who has offered encouragement over this. As I mentioned in the OHM thread, I will work with everyone who has pone of the faulty units on an individual basis. I am doing further testing the units I still have on hand as I there are sure to find a few "cherries" among them which I will use to replace any individual problem units that are reported to me.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Oh no, this really is upsetting as I have dealt with you (Christopher) in the past with such pleasant experiences. It makes me wonder why this happens to the good guys but I guess its just the way things go sometimes. Keep your head up Christopher and I really hope you get things cleared up sooner rather then later.

All the best,

Darren
Twitter @darjames
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1398 Posts

Profile of MDantes
CT is a champ.

Thanks for talking with is us about it Christopher.

We are here for you.
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3716 Posts

Profile of JanForster
I feel very sorry for you, Christopher. You are the last person deserving a thing like that, but I'm sure you'll win the battle and come out stronger than ever! Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2186 Posts

Profile of dmoses
People who have dealt with you, know that you stand behind what you create Christopher.

I hope you feel the support of the community behind you.

Best

Dave
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2140 Posts

Thank you for the support, it means a lot. Cheers.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2703 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Hopefully you have some recourse or they make it right
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of maps
I placed my order for Ohm a week ago and was disappointed to hear this but CT gets applauded for his honesty.I admired his forthrightness.I would rather wait than received a below quality prop.Maybe Ohm V2.0 will emerged?
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
Magic J
View Profile
New user
Kansas City
7 Posts

Profile of Magic J
Christopher,
Your approach to this business challenge highlights your integrity, and your caring and straightforward communication skills.
Well done!!
J.
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2140 Posts

Thanks J.

CT
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of towledge
As mentioned, this apparently does not effect everyone and I am happy not only for Christopher's great customer service but also that I haven't experienced any problems with my set.
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1018 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
Towledge, Will this inevitably affect your set, however?
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
My OHM is fine, too. I don't anticipate any problems in the future, either.

This is a great trick, BTW. So many possibilities! And, Christopher has been very helpful in answering a few questions I had.

Robert
towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of towledge
Not everyone will be affected according to Christopher, however I feel very confident that should a problem arise he will be more than happy to rectify it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Everyone Has a Plan Until they Get Hit (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL