The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » John Guastaferro DVD (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
leanabet
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of leanabet
Who is John Guastaferro?

Simon
Belgium Smile
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5778 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
I said exactly the same thing over a year ago. John Guastaferro is a magician from Southern California. David Regal thinks very highly of the guy...and now I do as well.

After David Regal had wrapped the day's shooting for his most recent set he said, "You are all in for a unique and rare treat. John Guastaferro is one of the most skilled sleight of hand card magicians I know."

My first thought was, "After seeing several hours of David can I really sit through elaborate sleight of hand gyrations?" Boy am I glad I stayed because John's magic turned out to be every bit as entertaining as it was masterful.

Yes, he was using advanced sleight of hand, but he was doing it with amazing grace AND he was doing very clear visual magic with it. This is the type of eye popping magic that is entertaining for magicians and laypeople. The plots are concise and memorable and Guastaferro's pacing and framing makes for magic that picks you up and caries you along with it.

I knew I had seen something very special and wonderful that day, and now you can too. I highly recommend John Guastaferro's Brainstorm DVDs. In fact, I look forward to getting mine to see exactly how he did that amazing magic which still seems so fresh in my mind over a year later!!!

Cheers,
Tom
Steve Pellegrino
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of Steve Pellegrino
EXACTLY what Tom said! When Louis Falanga sent me these DVDs, I said "Who?" and to be honest, wasn't all that excited about it. After watching for only a few moments, I was hooked.

"John G." is a talented guy who does some amazing stuff. He is entertaining, likeable and has some really original concepts. If you like David Regal, you will love John. If you are looking to add new, exciting card magic to your arsenal—get these DVDs. I've watched them several times already!
JohnG
View Profile
V.I.P.
367 Posts

Profile of JohnG
Tom and Steve,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm hopeful others will also be pleased with the magic on Brainstorm 1 & 2. It was my goal to present magic that is strong, entertaining, creative—and perhaps most importantly—doable in the real world. I think it will be an enjoyable DVD and a tool to help viewers add some highly entertaining card foolers to their repertoire.

Tom, thanks for your first-hand audience account of the filming. It was a fun day!

Thanks to everyone for your interest in the Brainstorm DVDs. I welcome any comments.

John G.
http://www.johnGstudio.com
John Guastaferro

Facebook fan page: www.facebook.com/MagicJohnG
Twitter: twitter.com/johngmagic
YouTube: www.youtube.com/johngmagic
Email: johnGmagic@mac.com
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
JohnG, can I get these DVDs from you? And if so, could you please sign them for me?

Smile
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Tommy Brown
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Tommy Brown
Hi John,

Are these DVDs all card effects? Thanks.
JohnG
View Profile
V.I.P.
367 Posts

Profile of JohnG
To Peo and others interested in purchasing the Brainstorm DVDs.

I just added capability on my website to accept Paypal orders. Go to http://www.johnGstudio.com and enter the "magic studio >> Brainstorm DVDs." (This is the first time I've used e-commerce capabilities on my website, so please let me know if there are any problems.)

Tommy, the Brainstorm DVDs contain card effects ONLY. In the future, I plan on releasing a variety of card and close-up effects.

John G.
John Guastaferro

Tommy Brown
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Tommy Brown
Hey John,
You know me, all cards are just fine. Smile

I hope to get them soon...Thanks.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Thanks John, but I couldn't wait for them, so I ordered the set from Hocus Pocus but please keep me informed of future releases of your magic and I will buy from you directly. I'm using PayPal myself, so there should be no problem.

Smile
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
I ordered the two DVDs and it should be arriving soon! Can't wait!
ddjmagic
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of ddjmagic
How many of the effects require gimmicks?
JohnG
View Profile
V.I.P.
367 Posts

Profile of JohnG
Most of the effects on Brainstorm simply require a standard deck of playing cards, with perhaps the addition of some extra cards from different deck. Only five of the 20 effects require something more, but they are easily attainable (business cards, clear plastic card holder, blank-faced cards, squeaker, etc.)

If you order through my website, I am offering a signed set of DVDs for $60, with a FREE clear plastic wallet to perform the effect "Lost & Found" which is getting rave reviews. (Note: At this time, I can only accept U.S./Canada orders.)

Thanks to everyone for you interest,
John G.

John Guastaferro

Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5778 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Lost and Found is a kick *** routine which will fry everybody. I can't believe John gave this up but I thank him for giving it to the magicians of the world.

Cheers,

Tom
halcon
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of halcon
If anyone is considering these DVDs, you should jump on them. You will not regret it. I have seen John perform these effects on people and let me tell you...they fry everyone. I have seen many a magician fried by his effects as well. These DVDs who wants to floor people.

John! I want my set signed.

Halcon
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
771 Posts

Profile of David Regal
Hi All,

I brought John G. to L&L's attention. I did this for one reason only—he is terrific. I don't make a dime on his DVD series, but I will happily tell you this: John Guastaferro has the stuff and many of his effects are instantly recognizable as keenly thought out card miracles that are far and away superior to the run of the mill glop that is sold these days. I honestly think it is impossible for a card magician (of any skill level) to purchase these DVDs and be disappointed.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Did he do the video FULL CIRCLE rope trick?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Ian Richards
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of Ian Richards
Yes, John Guastaferro did the ring and rope video Full Circle.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Well, I love his style and teaching, so I'll get these DVD's!!!
Thanks, Ian!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
JohnG
View Profile
V.I.P.
367 Posts

Profile of JohnG
Good news!! The Brainstorm DVDs are ready for immediate shipment. Due to popular demand, I am now also accepting international orders.

As stated earlier, I am offering a signed set of Brainstorm DVDs with FREE clear plastic holder to perform the effect "Lost & Found."
$60 plus $5 U.S. shipping (outside U.S. $12 shipping).

Thanks to everyone for your enthusiastic comments, emails, etc. Enjoy!

John G.

Ooops, here's my website where you can place your orders:

John
John Guastaferro

magicah123
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of magicah123
What skill level are his DVD's

thanks
adam
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » John Guastaferro DVD (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL