The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » John Guastaferro DVD (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
JohnG
View Profile
V.I.P.
367 Posts

Profile of JohnG
FYI - I now have toy frogs available on my website. They are the exact variety I used on my Brainstorm DVDs. (These are the toy frogs only - not the gimmicked cards).
John G
John Guastaferro

Facebook fan page: www.facebook.com/MagicJohnG
Twitter: twitter.com/johngmagic
YouTube: www.youtube.com/johngmagic
Email: johnGmagic@mac.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2005-11-27 21:39, evolve629 wrote:
Quote:
On 2003-11-19 16:57, JohnG wrote:
Thanks! I believe the wallet I use is the Keith Bennett Hip Wallet.

Some defining elements are the brass tips on the corners (not to be confused with Mark Mason's wallet) and the unique button clasp on the outside. This may help you identify the exact wallet I use.
I don't have a direct link, but I suppose you can just google it.

I did a google but it seemed that the Keith Bennet Hip Wallet was discontinued. Anyone knows what would be a close fit? Thanks.

For a similar wallet that John used, The Ultra Slim Wallet comes close. But, the wallet doesn't matter. With John's routine and built in misdirection, any of the popular card to wallet could be used.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
You are right, MagicChris. If you know palming and uses the misdirection that he provides, I think any wallet will do. I was lucky enough to have a Café member sold me one in mint condition at a very reasonable price. It's slim and fits nicely into any jean pocket. So now I have the discontinued Keith Bennett's wallet with brass tips to my wallet collection. Smile
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-01-15 17:18, evolve629 wrote:
You are right, MagicChris. If you know palming and uses the misdirection that he provides, I think any wallet will do. I was lucky enough to have a Café member sold me one in mint condition at a very reasonable price. It's slim and fits nicely into any jean pocket. So now I have the discontinued Keith Bennett's wallet with brass tips to my wallet collection. Smile

There's something about those wallets with the gilt metal corners that catch the eye!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Alejandro Peterson
View Profile
Elite user
México
408 Posts

Profile of Alejandro Peterson
I really hope Guastaferro film another set this year,he is really an amazing performer.!!!!
JohnG
View Profile
V.I.P.
367 Posts

Profile of JohnG
I should add that the KB Wallet still has a superior design. While the Royal Magic Wallet is the closest alternative I've found, you have to be careful when removing the card or else the secret slot might be seen. Just a word of warning.
John G
John Guastaferro

Facebook fan page: www.facebook.com/MagicJohnG
Twitter: twitter.com/johngmagic
YouTube: www.youtube.com/johngmagic
Email: johnGmagic@mac.com
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I have the KB wallet. It's Keith Bennett's wallet and I truly think the design is a lot better than other slim wallets out there. The hip KB wallet is very easy to load and the card stays secure in the slot.
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
I like John's Lost & Found and I thinked this effect is killer. My favourites are Palm Reader, Double Monte, Tidal Wave Aces and etc, I like and really satisfied his 2 volumes of DVDs and I use 80% of his materials in my act.

Andrew

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
juan king
View Profile
Regular user
Spanish
171 Posts

Profile of juan king
I am thinking he is copying David Regal with his whooping noises. I am finding it annoying.
Think not what magic can do for you, but what you can do for magic.
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1907 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Huh?? what kind of noise do you make when you do a trick??
"Everyone is tough till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
juan king
View Profile
Regular user
Spanish
171 Posts

Profile of juan king
He is all shouting and making all a loud noise.

When I am doing some magics then I am saying a patter but is not shouting and spoiling it when the magic moment is happening.

When there is a noise and shouting when there is magic moment then you are thinking it is clever but not the audience and they think you are trying harder by making noise because the magics is not very good.

But John is good magic so does not need to be shouting and making these sounds. Maybe be leaving it to David Regal to be making loud noises instead and not copy him maybe.
Shawn D
View Profile
Elite user
Hughson,Ca
439 Posts

Profile of Shawn D
Oh my goodness, I hope this isn't what the Café has come to.
Please just let it be Magicians Helping Magicians
Thanks
Shawn D
Kaylan
View Profile
Special user
CT
758 Posts

Profile of Kaylan
Amen, Shawn!
juan king
View Profile
Regular user
Spanish
171 Posts

Profile of juan king
I am helpings John by saying to not be making so many noises. Maybe he is thinking I am helping him by saying this.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I just watched John Guastaferro's Brainstorm again. No, John is not shouting at all - I can't imagine that John can be perceived as shouting or making funny noises. He's one of the very mild manner magicians I've seen. On a few effects, John gets a little excited and he has his own brand of conveying his magic and excitment. I think his exhilaration is refreshing and infectious.

juan king, if you want to see loud, you ought to watch the CEO of comedy magic - Bill Malone (no pun intended) - very contagious indeed.
juan king
View Profile
Regular user
Spanish
171 Posts

Profile of juan king
I have been seeing this Bill Malone and he is very shouting! and is very funny.

I don't think I am meaning John is shouting like loudly (a problems with my language), I mean he is making this funny noise when a magic is happening.

I have also seen that Reed McClintock and Gary Kurtz are saying "oooooh" in the sames way when a magics is happening. Have a look and you will be seeing what I mean.
rnr
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of rnr
Just got these dvd's today and I must say they are awsome!!!!
rick
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Juan king, I think I undertand what your saying now. Sorry for reacting..
sleightofand
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
188 Posts

Profile of sleightofand
Hey can someone send me q link to where I can get the forg stickers from as can't find any at all where I live. Maybe I'll have to london for the day. But if anyone has got a link can you send me a pm with it. Thanks

Andy
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1051 Posts

Profile of John Carey
John Gs card magic is a real breath of fresh air.
Great plots, excellent handling and truly fun to perform.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » John Guastaferro DVD (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL