The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » New David Regal DVDs!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
desprado2
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, California
119 Posts

Profile of desprado2
On L&L website they are now selling the new David Regal four DVD set. It has material from Star Quality, Constant Fooling 1 & 2 and some unpublished work. Anyone have any information on these, as I know they will be awesome?
"Treat others the way you want to be treated."
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5761 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
If you like David Regal's previous work, you will love these as well. It is more David Regal, and to be honest I can't get enough of him performing his unique brand of magic.

More David, more David, more David!!! Smile

He is such a strong performer with such a creative mind which shows in all his work. This is not the B-list material or the leftovers from his past work. This is more of David's awesome magic.

Get them!

Cheers,

Tom
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2211 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Now my Christmas wish list is complete!
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
319 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
For someone who has no experience of David Regal (not having read any books or seen any previous videos or DVDs), should I buy this latest set, or start with the first volumes? Looks like there might be quite a lot of overlap.
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
Steve Pellegrino
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of Steve Pellegrino
I have watched all four of these DVDs and they are awesome! I had never seen David perform before, so I didn't have any expectations. David is funny, the plots are original and the magic is incredible. I have also seen the John Guastaferro DVDs and if you like David Regal, you will love "John G". Regal recommended John to L&L.

One last mention is that David Regal is going to be a special guest for a week on the L&L discussion board sometime in the middle of November and there will be a chance to win a set of the Regal DVDs. Dates to be posted soon!
thk5353
View Profile
Regular user
Northern New Jersey
183 Posts

Profile of thk5353
I think there has been a post about this DVD set from the past. From what I can remember, some of these materials use gaffed right?
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
This is a brand new set of DVDs!
Catch me on Twitter @RobertSixx or Facebook -- Robert Sixx
Big Jeff
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
How many of these effects require gimmicks? I have his other set and I love them.

Thanks,
Smile Smile Smile
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
I saw the demo of this DVD set and I'm going to buy it right away! I will also buy the new Ammar and the Brainstorm set. Smile
mwolfire
View Profile
New user
Mark Wolfire
91 Posts

Profile of mwolfire
The website lists the original source for each item on the DVD. They do look to contain a good smattering from his published and unpublished works. They're high on my list.

For those of you lucky enough to have Star Quality (the book) I would be interested to know if these DVDs contain the best of Star Quality or the second tier material?

Mark
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1079 Posts

Profile of bekralik
I don't think there is any such thing as second tier material in any of his books. I think you'll be safe.

Brian
Jason London
View Profile
Loyal user
Napa Valley
207 Posts

Profile of Jason London
Greetings,

Just wanted to let everyone know about the special that Hocus Pocus Magic is having:
  • The new David Regal four volume set is $99.00 with free shipping in the U.S.

• The new Michael Ammar is $25.00 with free shipping in the U.S.

• The new John Gustaferro two volume set is $52.95 with free shipping in the U.S.

• Also, the new Color Fusion DVD is $25.00 with free shipping in the U.S.
You asked for free shipping, you got it! This sale ends this Thursday at 5 pm PST. Please call 1 800 407 4040 to place an order or for any questions.

Thanks! Smile
Jason London

This space for rent
nimrod
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of nimrod
I had more than enough from the last trilogy. Thanks, but no thanks.

Nimrod, Israel
Steve Pellegrino
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Quote:
On 2003-10-21 11:32, Jason London wrote:
Greetings,

Just wanted to let everyone know about the special that Hocus Pocus Magic is having:
  • The new David Regal four volume set is $99.00 with free shipping in the U.S.

• The new Michael Ammar is $25.00 with free shipping in the U.S.

• The new John Gustaferro two volume set is $52.95 with free shipping in the U.S.

• Also, the new Color Fusion DVD is $25.00 with free shipping in the U.S.
You asked for free shipping, you got it! This sale ends this Thursday at 5 pm PST. Please call 1 800 407 4040 to place an order or for any questions.

Thanks! Smile

FYI—L&L will do price matching. Drop them a line and let them know you found a cheaper price and they will sell it to you for that price. That's for any L&L product.
AlexWong
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of AlexWong
Smile Looks like it's turning into a price war, hahaha.

I believe no one has answered the question about extra gaffs required by the DVDs?
Steve Pellegrino
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Isn't that what magic retail has turned into, a big ol' price war? That's the way it is!

Alex, to answer your question about extra gaffs—I'm not sure. I'm probably the only one here who has seen these, except for Tom Cutts who was there when they were shot. I wasn't familiar with David's material before I saw these. My original post was to give my reaction which was—they were great—very entertaining, great concepts and if you're a Regal fan, get these!!! I haven't watched the explanations yet.

If you (or anyone familiar with David's material) go to the L&L web site and go past the home page to see the description of the effects presented on the DVDs AND if you've read David's books, you'll know the answer regarding gaffs.
psychic
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of psychic
Owning the trilogy of David's previous set, there's no reason for me not to consider this one. It's going to be good. Now I got to send my telepathic wish to Santa Claus!
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
As I am a big fan of David Regal, I have already purchased these DVDs from L&L Publishing. Knowing his material by heart now, and seen what effects are included in these DVDs, they were a must! And yes, I think some of the effects need gaffed cards.

By the way, anyone of you guys have a spare copy of Star Quality to sell?
Smile
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
Where can we see the demo of these new DVDs?
Jim Tighe
View Profile
Veteran user
West Virginia
363 Posts

Profile of Jim Tighe
A-1 Magical Media (Maxwell) is selling the previous Regal three video set (VHS) for $39.95 until Oct. 31. Quite a bargain.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » New David Regal DVDs!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL