The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » New David Regal DVDs!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Well, now I have seen all four of David's dvd's.
And Im floored with amazement.
Such a perfomance style, such enginius effects, such an audience appeal, such humor.

I second MagicChris statement "All I can say is thank god for David Regal. He is a genious!!!"

I think I have to watch these baby's all over again, and this time WITH the explenations.

In the end I only have to say: GO GET THOSE TAPES!!
They are the best I seen in a long, long time.
Go on, what are you all waiting for?????
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
Does anybody know if Jon or David are in these DVDs???
Big Jeff
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
David is in the front row and involved in alot of tricks in all the videos and jon is in the back row and you can tell he really hates it.

I like David and I don't like jon.

Big Jeff Smile Smile Smile
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I'm overwhelmed by David's magic. He keeps fooling me. What a genius.

I could review each DVD or effect, but that would be like critiquing the bible--get these DVDs!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
Come on man..do a review on it!
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
David Regal is my favorite magic inventor hands down. next would probably be Simon Aronson, followed by paul Harris, marlo/vernon, bannon, jennings....etc.
erictan8888
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
517 Posts

Profile of erictan8888
Hi,

have read about nothing but praises about this set of david regal's dvds. so what should I get, his first set of dvds or this set?

oh, I was also thinking about getting mike close's ultimate workers close up set of dvs....
how does this new regal's dvd compare to mike close' set?

thanks for your advice
eric Smile
"Fill you life with magic by making magic a part of your life." by eric tan.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
My vote is on David's DVD's.
Amazing, entertaining stuff in those tapes.
The audince really seem to appriciate what he is doing.

Peo
bvbernard
View Profile
New user
North Vancouver, BC, Canada
93 Posts

Profile of bvbernard
Quote:
On 2003-11-14 18:58, erictan8888 wrote:

oh, I was also thinking about getting mike close's ultimate workers close up set of dvs....
how does this new regal's dvd compare to mike close' set?

thanks for your advice
eric Smile

I have both and think they are both great. You can't go wrong with either set.
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
I'm planning to get The magic of David Regal set disc 1 and 3...if I skip disc 2 will I miss any good stuff?
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Oh yesssssss !
With David you never can go wrong.

Peo
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
Well too bad I only got enough to get 1 and 3 =(
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
779 Posts

Profile of David Regal
I have just stopped traveling, and can now sell some of my new DVDs. They have received some enthusiastic posts on this forum.

My prices are low, I sign the first volume, and I include printed instructions for a trick not included on the DVDs!

I also have some good combo deals, including tricks and books.

Go to http://www.davidregal.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I didn't know David sold them himself-I would have gotten them from him. Please support the creator and buy direct from David!!!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
I totally agree! Too bad you didn't have a deal like this a little earlier David, I would have bought your Combo #1 right from you if it existed!
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Gee David... too bad I have all the stuff in the combos already, except for the instructions for the new effect.
Can it be bought separately?

Peo

PS Do you know if Star Quality ever will be reprinted again, or is that up to Harry Lorayne?
Steve Pellegrino
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of Steve Pellegrino
Just a reminder that David is on the L&L Discussion board this week - through Sunday the 23rd.
http://www.llpub.com/board

Stop by and ask David a question!
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
779 Posts

Profile of David Regal
Platt (from the other thread) -

Thanks for all the nice things you said about my DVDs. As for my aims with this new set, I think I'm more subversive than you give me credit for.

The set is not supposed to be a soup-to-nuts exploration of all that is presentation. It is a cry to REMEMBER presentation, and to treat it with the same respect that we treat sleights and methods. The DVDs are indeed a collection of tricks, but by arranging them in such a way as to highlight certain aspects of presentation, I am reinforcing the fact that those elements of presentation exist. Questioning how those elements come into play while performing one of my effects, or any effect at all, is as good a first step as any when it comes to designing a presentation.

Most magicians have poor presentation. Honestly, most magicians do not take the first step. I called my DVDs "Premise, Power & Participation" so that in the act of asking the man behind the counter for a look at them, that first step has begun.

Self-serving part:

I'm not traveling right now, so if anyone orders the DVDs from me, they'll ship immediately.

Go to http://www.davidregal.com

Scroll down for various combo deals.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1895 Posts

Profile of Platt
Hey David, thanks for the reply. Good answer.

Quote:
On 2003-11-13 23:18, Lonewolf123 wrote:
Come on man..do a review on it!

Yes. With all the posts here, there really aren't a lot of solid reviews. Expect killer presentation and killer effects. David, as I mentioned in another post, throws method out the window. He'll slay you with gimmicks so obvious you'd never think to use them. And believe me, that's meant as a compliment. I was fooled badly. Like all David's published material, you can't go wrong here. If you're looking to buy just one, I'd go with volume 3, then 2, then 1, and for the die-hards, 4.

As for individual effects, to me the top standouts were Lucky Sevens, Prophecy Pack, and The Blank Transpo.

As with all L&L videos, I can't help but think the audience is being overly coached to laugh. David is very sharp, very funny. He had me laughing from my coach. But the man could say anything, for instance, hello, and the audience would start giggling like school girls.

"JT-Jonathon Taylor Thomas"- Funny.
"I keep my lucky card next to my magic castle card"- Not funny. Not meant to be.

Help me out David. Was there a toking session prior to the show?
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
779 Posts

Profile of David Regal
No toking.

To clarify, Volume Four is mostly stand-up parlor-type material. It includes "Journey to Love" and "The Very Last Card", two routines that will, I think, be of great value to those who have a need for material that can be performed at a private home or on a stage. Already, A Magic Castle magician has adapted those two effects for his parlor act.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » New David Regal DVDs!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL