The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Perfect World (DVD and Deck) Mago Migue and Luis De Matos (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
dunlop
View Profile
Loyal user
Norwich, UK
201 Posts

Profile of dunlop
Quote:
On 2012-08-17 18:16, Pompey2L.A. wrote:
Just a couple of questions if someone would be so kind to answer them ....

Can the special deck be examined?

Can this be done 1-1 or do you need a minimum of two spectators?

Thanks in advance.....


It can be examined, and you can even give as a souvenir to one of your spectators, they won't find anything! (in fact they do almost all the handling through the effect).

Nico.
dunlop
View Profile
Loyal user
Norwich, UK
201 Posts

Profile of dunlop
It can be done 1 on 1, but I think it's better with two spectators.
Billybonkers
View Profile
Loyal user
Diamond Bar L.A
247 Posts

Profile of Billybonkers
Thank you dunlop, I think I'll take the plunge.......
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Maybe the Wizard Product Review will look at this. I don't always agree with the reviews, but you get to see them perform the trick.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Honestly, there isn't much to see---its OOTW. If someone has any interest in OOTW and they don't get this I believe it is their loss.
dunlop
View Profile
Loyal user
Norwich, UK
201 Posts

Profile of dunlop
Quote:
On 2012-08-17 20:06, brehaut wrote:
Honestly, there isn't much to see---its OOTW. If someone has any interest in OOTW and they don't get this I believe it is their loss.


Exactly.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1804 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
This has its strenghts over common versions but also the weaknesses.

Pros:
Biggest plus is that the deck is really shuffles by the spectator and if they chose to do so, they can even check the cards. No common "Hey, why do I have only red cards" sneaky business going on. They really do have all different cards.

There is a way to clean up the normal OOTW "mark card" switch that is seen in many versions with gaffs or nice way to cover it also with attitude.

Although the deck is gaffed it can be used to pretty much any other normal deck card effect as well. Not sure if you like to do so cos the deck isn't really cheap but you could. Very few laymen would find out what is going on with it. Magicians might rather easily after seeing the routine performed.

Cons:
Even though the spectators can choose if the card is red or black, it is the magician who must deal the card into the pile. Also you cant do this with just 2 piles as in many other versions. You must have four. Two to black cards and two to red ones. While wathing the performance I immediately questioned the reasoning for this? There seemed to be no reason why magician was tossing some red cards to other red pile and some others to other... This comes up even harder to motivate with just one spectator.

It is still gaffed deck as is Dill/Weber new world that is still the cleanest possible OOTW but requires more spectator management than this one. And of course Dill/Weber one cant be examined but why anyone would want to anyway?

Or if someone wants to do this at platform where this seems to be well suited then Robert Mansila's routine is better and ends up totally examinable.
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Quote:
On 2012-08-17 20:06, brehaut wrote:
Honestly, there isn't much to see---its OOTW. If someone has any interest in OOTW and they don't get this I believe it is their loss.


I disagree with this. I have a version of OOTW & T&R, that I have kept close to me for years. They both looks way different than any OOTW or T&R out there. If I were to sell them, I most definitely would have a demo, so everyone would see that there IS a difference. If it's not different and it's just OOTW, than I guess you are right...no need for a demo. And if that's the case, why bother buying it?

Also, I am not saying that this is the case with this effect, but typically, now-a-days if there isn't a demo, it typically means that the method is evident to those with a bit of knowledge.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2012-08-22 15:14, tmoca wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-08-17 20:06, brehaut wrote:
Honestly, there isn't much to see---its OOTW. If someone has any interest in OOTW and they don't get this I believe it is their loss.


I disagree with this. I have a version of OOTW & T&R, that I have kept close to me for years. They both looks way different than any OOTW or T&R out there. If I were to sell them, I most definitely would have a demo, so everyone would see that there IS a difference. If it's not different and it's just OOTW, than I guess you are right...no need for a demo. And if that's the case, why bother buying it?

Also, I am not saying that this is the case with this effect, but typically, now-a-days if there isn't a demo, it typically means that the method is evident to those with a bit of knowledge.


I understand your statement but I just disagree with your conclusion---I really don't know why there isn't a demo but I can say that the method would not be "evident" from a demo.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1165 Posts

Profile of paperinick
I found a demo on youtube and I have to say that I like this version.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Quote:
On 2012-08-22 15:55, brehaut wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-08-22 15:14, tmoca wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-08-17 20:06, brehaut wrote:
Honestly, there isn't much to see---its OOTW. If someone has any interest in OOTW and they don't get this I believe it is their loss.


I disagree with this. I have a version of OOTW & T&R, that I have kept close to me for years. They both looks way different than any OOTW or T&R out there. If I were to sell them, I most definitely would have a demo, so everyone would see that there IS a difference. If it's not different and it's just OOTW, than I guess you are right...no need for a demo. And if that's the case, why bother buying it?

Also, I am not saying that this is the case with this effect, but typically, now-a-days if there isn't a demo, it typically means that the method is evident to those with a bit of knowledge.


I understand your statement but I just disagree with your conclusion---I really don't know why there isn't a demo but I can say that the method would not be "evident" from a demo.


Fair enough...but you can note as I originally said, I wasn't saying this was the case here. I just made a general statement.

Regardless if it IS an improvement, why not promote it? And what better way to promote it than to see it?

If you were to walk into a brick and mortar shop (man do I miss those) and ask to see it demoed, providing the dealer knew how to do it, if he refused to show you wouldn't that make you hesitate a bit on the purchase? I think the same thing holds true now with online demos.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9075 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Looks very similar in method to Cosmos by Greg Rostami.
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Yikes....the demo DOES in deed tip a vital move....not good.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
I thought the review in marketplace of the mind was fair
baobow
View Profile
Special user
505 Posts

Profile of baobow
Great performance and demo, based on the demo, I'll be getting both this and Dill/Weber New World to see the comparisons between both routines. I am sure the way the deck is gimmicked that it doesn't just limit it to a OOTW presentation and that there are many other effects possible
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2012-08-23 03:36, baobow wrote:
Great performance and demo, based on the demo, I'll be getting both this and Dill/Weber New World to see the comparisons between both routines. I am sure the way the deck is gimmicked that it doesn't just limit it to a OOTW presentation and that there are many other effects possible


Very true statement Baobow
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
The Dill/Webber deck is a one deck trick and can't be used for other effects . The perfect world deck can be used as a normal deck but then if you wear it out, you have to buy another expensive deck to use instead of the $2 bike deck .

Looking at the demo, there is a way of perform the effect using a normal bike deck , having a reason for 4 not 2 markers, reduce the effect time and to play 1 on 1 ..

I have sent the idea to a few knowledge guys to look at , to be sure not re-inventing the wheel.

Andy
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2012-08-24 09:03, a brown 1968 wrote:
The Dill/Webber deck is a one deck trick and can't be used for other effects . The perfect world deck can be used as a normal deck but then if you wear it out, you have to buy another expensive deck to use instead of the $2 bike deck .

Looking at the demo, there is a way of perform the effect using a normal bike deck , having a reason for 4 not 2 markers, reduce the effect time and to play 1 on 1 ..

I have sent the idea to a few knowledge guys to look at , to be sure not re-inventing the wheel.

Andy


Andy, keep in mind with the perfect world deck the performer does not even have to look down at the cards
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
Brehaut,

Not having to look down can aid in the process but not essential.. when a person hands you a card it is natural to look at what you are taking..and less natural not to..

If you tell spectators to focus on red or black , you only need two piles and not 4 . This is a weakness... other versions do not have...effects are about compromises and which ones you prefer to accept
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Perfect World (DVD and Deck) Mago Migue and Luis De Matos (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL