The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » What stage performer has made the biggest impression on you? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Quote:
On 2004-02-09 07:41, Bob Sanders wrote:
Serling307,

If I could corrupt your statement a bit, good entertainment is all magic. Using magic as our vehicle just makes it better for us. (It may surprise you how many concerts and other stage performances have magicians for technical advisors.)

Look around, see how many other entertainers got their starts in magic. Then look at magicians. How many of us started in some other entertainment vehicle and came to magic. Rule one is to entertain. Plenty of us came from music, dance, public speaking and theater. I know one that even came from the rodeo arena.

We work for an audience.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

1 Stage performance stays in my mind even though its not Magic!!

It was probably the best 20 min Live set at Live Aid 1985
by Rock Group Queen
Front man Freddy Mercury stole the show with an amazing Live act and Brilliant music
that along with U2 were voted best acts on both continents of the event and legends were born....

Having seen behind the scenes they realised they only had 20 mins to do there absolute best stuff
as most critics thought they were a video band with great special effects etc but they were honed by Live Gigs in South America... and got real good

In applying this to magic-we must as Bob says above be the best entertainers every time we perform
Go on & amaze your audience.....be the best showman you can!

Even the Top Bands in the world were competing that Day in '85
and the clip of their 20 min spot is very Inspirational as to go on cold and blow the massive crowd away!!!!

Watch it if you can

Brent
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
------------------------------------------
Queen win greatest live gig poll

Queen's iconic performance at Live Aid in July 1985 has been named the world's greatest rock gig in an worldwide industry poll.
More than 60 artists, journalists and music industry executives contributed to the survey.

The judges lauded Queen's "show-stealing performance" at the Live Aid concert in Wembley Stadium.
Jimi Hendrix's appearance at Woodstock in August 1969 came second, followed by the Sex Pistols' concert at Manchester Free Trade Hall in June 1976.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other words- Be the best showman you can be no matter how long
even in Magic you are on Stage..Thrill your audience
I really enjoy Lance Burton, David Copperfield,Amazing Jonathan, Michael Finney to name a few....

cheers
charliewerner
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of charliewerner
David Copperfield^^
"Seeing Joy, Sadness, Anger,Contempt,Surprise, Disgust,Fear on people faces are the motivation of my MAGIC" Charlie Werner (C.C.L)
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
I've only seen one stage magician and that was Blackstone Sr. when I was in third grade. He was pretty good.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
As a kid, David Copperfield. Later, Teller and Lance Burton. Mostly Teller.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
REV BILL
View Profile
Special user
Glen Burnie Maryland
788 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
Harry Blackstone Jr.with his "Floating Lightbulb" that floated over my head was an experience that I will never forget.
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » What stage performer has made the biggest impression on you? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL