The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Triception set (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Does anyone else have this set by Mark Mason and Bob Swadling? I cant put it down there is so much you can do with it. any thoughts from other owners or questions from those still thinking about buying it?
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Ok, my bad duplicate thread and I even forgot I posted on the other. uuuugggggg!

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Yes. The Alzheimer's Effect.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Am close to putting this on my want list. Whenever I have a few extra bucks to blow, pick it up. Is everything they say about the flipper true? Regular flippers terrify me. I had a band break and couldn't fix it, so I sent it back to Jamie. A week later, I broke it again. I want to use this to do Eric Jones's Oxy Clean Coin Routine. Would this be good for that?
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2012-08-03 01:35, pepka wrote:
I want to use this to do Eric Jones's Oxy Clean Coin Routine. Would this be good for that?

Unfortunately, no. The m****t is just too strong for the move Eric does at the beginning of the routine.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Thanks Banzai!
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
How about the flipper? Does it perform as described?
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
If your talking about the ngf flipper from mark mason.
it is a great coin.works very well.and if it does break
it can be fixed in about a minute.but I don't think it will
be breaking much if any.
todd
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
928 Posts

Profile of Martino
If you want to do the Oxy Clean Coin routine then unless you can find a way of opening the flipper smoothly and without detection ( as has been said the m**net) is strong you'll have to substitute the supplied shimmed [ for a non-shimmed one. That's been my main disappointment with the set, especially as Eric himself pointed me in the direction of the Triception set as a way of doing his routine with UK coins. Other than that the quality of the coins supplied is excellent, plus you get a couple of nice extras included too.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
chazk
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of chazk
In order to do the Oxy Clean Coin routine with the Triception set, I used a old [ that I had and cut a piece of thin shim to the proper size (that took some experimenting) and put a thin sticker over it to hold it in. The Triception ngf with that shell works just like the OxF set (which I also have). If you do not intend to use the main routine supplied with the Triception set, you could probably steam out the sticker and shim in the supplied [ and trim the shim down. Or if you have the OxF set, use the [ shell from it if you are having rubber band problems. This of course assumes that you have everything in the same coin type.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2012-08-03 13:31, chazk wrote:
In order to do the Oxy Clean Coin routine with the Triception set, I used a old [ that I had and cut a piece of thin shim to the proper size (that took some experimenting) and put a thin sticker over it to hold it in. The Triception ngf with that shell works just like the OxF set (which I also have). If you do not intend to use the main routine supplied with the Triception set, you could probably steam out the sticker and shim in the supplied [ and trim the shim down. Or if you have the OxF set, use the [ shell from it if you are having rubber band problems. This of course assumes that you have everything in the same coin type.

DIY to the rescue!
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
There are a lot of possabilities not on the dvd too. espesially if you have the same coins with differt gaffs ie non s****d shell and such

Smile Smile
hankinsk
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of hankinsk
Triception by Mark Mason

I am fairly new to coins. I had a bad experience with my first set of flipper coins. I kept breaking the rubber band and for those who experienced this issue understand my frustration. After lots of review I made leap and purchased the Triception coin set. I made it a goal to see how quickly I could break the band holding the flipper together. After extesive practice and abuse I can tell you I failed at my task to break it. I even placed a new band in just to see how long it would take me. I was pleasently suprised at how easy a task it was to replace the band. I purchased the Morgan Dollar set and I am so very happy with this coin trick. After a few hours in front of the mirror and a test run with my daughter and wife. I was to succesfully take the trick live and it was a wonderful experience. It never fails to blow away my spectators. This is a wonderful magic trick and well worth my hard earned money. I would encourage anyone to purchase this set. You will not regret it
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Yes I have the flipper myself.A
great coin indeed..
Todd
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
You described the reason I don’t use flippers in performances! I just fool around with them now and then. Of course I also have Triception but I still haven't used that flipper in actual performance, 'cause I know darn right well that if I do... that will be the only time it ever breaks!!

Really though, Triception is a neat set to play around with but I haven't found a routine that I want to use it in, unfortunately.

Jim
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
J-Mac, like when Johnny Carson breaking the "unbreakable" Corelle Ware - not once but twice Smile
(incedently, so did my Ex-Wife a couple times but I digress, She is an ex now Smile )

Smile Smile
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
J-Mac -- I just don't see how the NGF band could break in performance provided you'd given it a basic inspection ahead of time to make sure it hasn't somehow been nicked up. Because it's a gravity style flipper, there's very little tension on it.

The problem with rubber bands is that they ROT over time, and it's more a question of WHEN, not IF they will fail. Many (most?) orthodontists now offer latex-free elastics -- they may be a better alternative at least for avoiding rot -- not sure if they would perform the same/better/worse in other aspects.

Even with latex bands, regular preventive maintenance should make the likelihood of breaking pretty slim. Maybe less so if you're using a band in a non-gravity flipper as it's under considerably more tension.

I recently "re-strung" my gravity flippers with an "NGF-like" material (can't be 100% sure it's the same). Not quite as easy as with the NGF, as it has design features that make the process simpler, but not too hard either. That should be the last time I have to play around with an Xacto blade cleaning out pieces of sticky rotted rubber band from tiny grooves. I feel the same way about that as I did when I gave up on super-glue and switched to double sided tape - not looking back.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Triception set (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL