The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » No more cards. Please help! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zodiac
View Profile
New user
WA
27 Posts

Profile of Zodiac
Smile What's up with all this card stuff? Even if I get a general magic book or video it is mostly cards. Can any of you recommend a good video on coins?

p.s. I don't have a problem with cards, it's just that I find them to easy and I need help with coins.
What's on your mind?
Leigh
View Profile
New user
Ex-Blighty, now Canada
78 Posts

Profile of Leigh
Dare I suggest the David Roth video or perhaps David Stone? Dr Rubinstein has some good stuff as well. What sort of thing are you looking for, beginners, intermediate, advanced?
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Zodiac,

Head to http://www.coinvanish.com
and
http://www.coinmagic.com
and read the reviews on those sites. There is bound to be some coin material that will interest you.

Dan
Click to visit:
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
It's not on video, but Bobo's Modern Coin Magic is THE coin book.
And I agree with you on cards; there's a world of difference between card tricks and tricks with cards.
Unfortunately, most magicians seem to settle for card tricks: "Okay, now count the cards in each pile a third time and . . . ."
As Senator Crandall said years ago: "An indifferent card is one that doesn't give a *** about the trick, either!" Smile
Trouble is, Zodiac, I think we're fighting a losing battle! Smile
cheers,
Peter Marucci
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Try Dan Sylvester's- Sylvester Pitch Video.
My favorite move in coin magic.

Oh, and if you think cards are too easy, check out the Card Stunts video by Greg Wilson. Or Impossible Card Magic by Ray Kosby.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Tony
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
303 Posts

Profile of Tony
If you can get a hold of Bobo's NEW Modern Coin Magic book (it has about 3-4 additional chapters not covered in the softbound edition), get it. It'll be your "coin bible". Check out Roth's books too. Troy Hooser has excellent stuff as well. Check out Dan Watkin's awesome site (mentioned above) for excellent recommendations on reading and viewing materials. Lots of good videos to start--Ammar's Intro to Coin Magic (DVD & VHS), the David Roth Series (VHS only), Sol Stone Casual Close Up (DVD, VHS), Jay Sankey (VHS. Jay also has some in his
"Best of Jay Sankey" in DVD/VHS but with some great coin routines. Most of his stuff has excellent card stuff too).

Regards,
Tony
Zodiac
View Profile
New user
WA
27 Posts

Profile of Zodiac
thanks for the sugestions and to answer Leigh's question anything thats beginer to intermediate will do.
What's on your mind?
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
617 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
L&L just released Dr Rubinstein's "Encyclopedia of Coin Sleights" on video/DVD.

Looks very comprehensive.
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » No more cards. Please help! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL