The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Hmmm, a small poll... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
p-n_junction
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of p-n_junction
Poker Protection by Steve Frote.
Chaeting at Texas Hold'em by John Born.
Phantoms of the Card Table: Confessions of a Card Sharp by David Britland and Gazzo.
Scarne on Dice by John Scarne.
Sharps and Flats by John Nevil Maskelyne.

Alos have couple of books that I still haven't read, so updating of the list is a possibility.
slim23
View Profile
Veteran user
309 Posts

Profile of slim23
Hey Arnold,
I could mention Phantoms at the card table (good read and my introduction the interest I now have), the revelations book by Dai vernon ( both with the S and without) and Poker protection by Steve Forte but you probably know every book I have ever read on the subject. Instead, I will try to find something you did not read. In the department of the novels, there is Lucky at cards by Lawrence Block that first was published under the title The girl in the green dress in 1964. It's a pulp with all the stereotypes but still a good read. Heureux au jeu is the title in french. One of my first reads...

Slim

p.s. I just thought that a must read on the subject are all the old catalogs from companies such as the KC Cards blue book catalog.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Blue books are great piece of history. I have 2 or 3 somewhere. I wouldn't be able to tell how many times I read each of them! There are actually a plenty of these catalogs. From memory, "The Secret Blue Book", those from K.C, Hunt & Co., Evans., etc.

Great stuff to have in any Gambling enthusiast's collection.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Hmmm, a small poll... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL