The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Three Will (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
"Finally, at $10 this 49-page booklet is incredible value for money.
Great thinking, fascinating reading, enjoyable to perform.
Bob Gill, UK "
Isn't 13£, $20?
Lar
View Profile
Veteran user
New Port Richey, FL
318 Posts

Profile of Lar
Hi Glenn,

The £10 was a promo price that I ran for the first 3 weeks.

I changed the price a couple of days ago to £12.95; Bob bought Three Will just before I made that change.

Just a quick note to mention as well that Three Will is also available as an instant download from...

Jeff Mash @ MJM Magic and Dominic Reyes @ The Merchant of Magic.

Cheers,

Laurence.
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1258 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
I've using this where I can recently and this is an excellent release, I'm glad to have seen the progression of it making the first release,

This is one of those pieces now where it is so solid and so clear that it's a really powerful and fun thing to perform
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
Comet
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Comet
Very nice I like this. A friend of mine in Florida told me about it and I Like what I'm seeing. thanks!!
Lar
View Profile
Veteran user
New Port Richey, FL
318 Posts

Profile of Lar
Hello all,

I'm thrilled to announce that Three Will is now available from Big Blind Media. Cheers to Owen and Liam for setting things up; thank you chaps.

Regards,
Laurence.
broothal
View Profile
Elite user
Europe
448 Posts

Profile of broothal
Tried ordering this from several sites. They all require me to sign up for paypal (which I wont, as I don't trust them). The only ones that would allow me to sign out as a guest is mjmmagic, but lo and behold, they charge $92.33 for shipping (of a downloadable PDF.... what gives)

I'm primarily interested in the product because I have been doing a version very similar (at least judging from the description) for years, and if it turns out you published yours first, I will no longer teach my method (assuming they are the same)
broothal
View Profile
Elite user
Europe
448 Posts

Profile of broothal
So I finally got my hands on Three Will. I am huge fan of the free will plot, and I constantly look for new subleties and wordings.

Three Will is first of all a well written manuscript. A lot of new magic lacks in production value, but not this. Laurence obviously put a lot of work into creating this, and it shows.

If you are new to the free will arena, this manuscript will give you a complete routine complete with everything you need to know, do and say.

If you already know this, there are some subleties in here that you might want to adapt to your own routine. One of the subleties was one of those "why didn't I think of this" moments, which is always a joy. Even if you don't use any of them, you will be inspired by the thinking.

This routine, when it plays out the best way, is a killer. When you have to resort to the worst possible outcome, the manuscript could use some more justification. However, the way it is structured, you very rarely end up in the worst case scenario (there's even a mathematical proof to show you that 90% of the times it will play to it's absolute strengths)

I like routines that you can use close-up and on stage. That way, you get to practise it a lot more, because you can throw it in at a table-hopping gig (if you do these) and build some confidence around your routine. This will get better the more times you do it, and I recommend it.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
This sounds like Forced Will from the 21 DVD set.

How is it different?
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Lar
View Profile
Veteran user
New Port Richey, FL
318 Posts

Profile of Lar
Hi Jamie, in answer to your question.

The two most significant differences between TW and FW are firstly that TW uses a three way prediction matching 3 people (yourself and your two assistants) with 3 objects. Secondly you don't actually see the items that are chosen by the spectators as they are being chosen; you are turned away so you can't see what choices they are making.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Laurence.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Thanks Laurence.

Intriguing!

I may well buy this.

Waiting for a few more reviews.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
broothal
View Profile
Elite user
Europe
448 Posts

Profile of broothal
As far as I remember, forced will from 21 requires you to be seated in front of your spectator, putting some limitations to the venue. Three will can be performed anywhere.
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3331 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
An interesting read. But I'll stick with the original.
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3331 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Quote:
I previously wrote:

An interesting read. But I'll stick with the original.

On second thoughts, there's some mileage in "Let's Get More Specific."

Laurence, PM'd ya with an additional thought.
Lar
View Profile
Veteran user
New Port Richey, FL
318 Posts

Profile of Lar
Cheers for the comments Randy, much appreciated.

Hopefully some of the stuff you find in TW will spur ideas that you can incorporate into other effects.

Regards,

Laurence.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12232 Posts

Profile of John C
Should b brought back to life.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Ypnoze
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of Ypnoze
Hi everyone

Can this be done in another language than english, french for example ?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Three Will (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL