The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What's your story? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
What is the story behind your Avatar? Mine was sized down from a corporate photo shoot and was taken by a friend of mine. When I first joined, my original avatar was removed because I didn't fully read the rules. I've used several but this one seems to suit me for now.

What is the story behind your Avatar? Smile
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
Just a pic. of me working away with one of my puppets at Greater Manchester Police Club, UK! Don't pose for photos or have studio pics done these days, - not because I'm getting old and ugly - but find that people really appreciate 'on the job' (if you pardon the phrase) photos. I think any good photographer can make you look like 'Minnie Mouse' - but people sometimes see something very different on the day do you not think? Smile
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
My avatar has more Photoshop work on it than a Cosmo cover. The original pic was actually taken when I was testing to see if my camera was working. See the shirt I'm wearing? I hate that shirt. And the sunglasses? I sat on them and broke them two days ago. Poor, poor little sunglasses... *sniff*
Smile
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
I chose it, because it looks alot like me.

But seriously,
My first shot was an anomoly. The reflection from the monitor off my (gee, I'm getting old) reader's glasses looked neat. The current is a transformation from the old to a new, 'no glasses on' pic. I made it because someone asked what I looked like without the specs.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2324 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
My avatars are just web cam pictures that I took over a year ago. I actually had Mr Eubank get creative and what you see is what he came up with. I think it looks pretty cool. Thanks Rob. Smile
MrCyNic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
238 Posts

Profile of MrCyNic
My avatar image was taken on a rollercoaster. It shows, doesn't it?

For any fellow coaster freaks, the ride was "Air" at Alton Towers. It's the one where you're hung face-down in a kind of "skydiver" position. The photo was taken automatically during the ride.

I have no explanation for the weird flash spilling from my eye in the picture. Just sorta turned out that way.

Cheers,

Cy.
boblinds
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
111 Posts

Profile of boblinds
I tried to do something that wasn't particularly imaginative and would require as little effort as possible. You can see what I came up with.

And I'm sending out a big "Hey" to Brian who hails from my home town. I used to hang out at Callin Novelties back in the day when Eddie Callin was still around.
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Smile Smile Cool Ears! Smile
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
Jordan Piper
View Profile
Veteran user
British Columbia, Canada
309 Posts

Profile of Jordan Piper
My pic is from one of my college student cards. It was the only photo of myself I could find at the time.
Magix
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of Magix
I started with what I thought was a very creative avatar, but it was not in compliance with the rules so it was removed.

Been meaning to come up with a new one for a while now but you know how that goes - one of these days.....
ChrisZampese
View Profile
Veteran user
Hamilton, NZ
341 Posts

Profile of ChrisZampese
This is one of my favourite photos of me and my son. Taken when he was a couple of months old and we both fallen asleep on the couch together after a hard morning of playing!
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are
Evan Williams
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of Evan Williams
Mine is from a picture I changed through photoshop. It originally was from one of the pictures on my site that I made look like a sketch.
thk5353
View Profile
Regular user
Northern New Jersey
183 Posts

Profile of thk5353
Joy of B-Ball
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Rodney Rabbit (Axtel Puppet), Me (in the middle), and Bigfoot (Walking Illusion)

Dennis Michael
thk5353
View Profile
Regular user
Northern New Jersey
183 Posts

Profile of thk5353
***, mine just been deleted, I forgot to read the rules of having my whole face on the avatar. Smile
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
I had a few with me and Harry as the avatar--then I just did a me one (which was actually when I got out of college one summer and lived out in the sticks) I was 22 then? 10 years later--I look pretty much the same but now have stretchmarks--thanks kids!

Ellen
El_Lamo
View Profile
Special user
Canada
589 Posts

Profile of El_Lamo
Mine has been DQed!
So I shall try again.

Cheers - El Lamo
Life is a system of circumstance presented coincidently in an illusory way.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What's your story? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL