The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Boiling water (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Lambo
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Lambo
Hi,

I am looking for info on drinking boiling water...i have searched with no luck and I have gone through my swami mantra book.The was a general info on drinking hot fluids in the book but not exactly as I want to do.Does anyone have any idea on where to go from here or where to buy the neccessary pieces?.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Please bear in mind that Swami tells only a fraction of the knowledge that's necessary, and that the dangers inherent in this art form, make some of us extremely cautions about sharing information.

Since you're new, why don't you introduce yourself?

And BTW, welcome!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Yep welcome.

Read Swami Mantra but take a true master at his word (that's Harley BTW) treat any and all "knowledge" from SM with trepidation! ....... Harley has been know to teach occasionally ..... But either way welcome and please introduce yourself .

Now for the secret .... Drinking boiling water the British way........

1) Boil the kettle (this can be electric, gas or. Even over a fire)
2) pour the water in to a secondary pot containing dried leaves From the Citrus bergamia tree.
3) then strain in to a china cup with a little lemon or milk (some add sugar too)
4) grip cup in right finger and thumb
5) point right finger at ceiling and sip politely
6) do not pour in to the saucer and slurp ..... Very bad form!!!

Or we're you after just boiling water? Smile

Dave
Lambo
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Lambo
Thanks for the replys...oh and yes just boiling water.

I agree the book needs to be taken with a grain of salt but this is why I am looking for advice to further this routine rather then just relying on the book.

I am from canada and have been into magic since a young age and am more into the sideshow stuff now.I do fire eating,hand in trap,etc.

Thanks again,
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Rotten
My girlfriend lives in Canada. Perhaps you know her?
Lambo
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Lambo
Probably not...but thanks.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Rotten I think you are mixing up Canada and the UK. Canada is big .... And lots of people so they don't all know each other. UK on the other hand is small and we know each other ....and as I have said befor we all have tea with The Queen at 4pm. Smile
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Canada also has pictures of some old lady that "runs" things in England on their money.

Lambo, first you need to learn sword swallowing, then keep an asbestos sheath inserted in your esophagus all day. When you're ready to do the act, simply pour the scalding liquid (make sure it ONLY goes in the asbestos). It helps to eat a pound of baking soda prior to that, also keep a small chunk of lead in your mouth. The best way to avoid injury is to hop up and down on one foot while chanting "oh wah, tah na, siam" the whole while. Smile

TGN

(the above is a joke, please do not attempt)
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
steve-pistolas
View Profile
New user
UK
67 Posts

Profile of steve-pistolas
And if ya lucky a chocolate hob nob biscuit Smile
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2012-08-07 08:12, thegreatnippulini wrote:
Canada also has pictures of some old lady that "runs" things in England on their money.

How do you know the state of Her digestive system?

Quote:
On 2012-08-07 08:12, thegreatnippulini wrote:

TGN

(the above is a joke, please do not attempt)

Oh it's a good job you added that I was seeing you in court being sued for years to come!!!!!

I'm off to try it now......
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Rotten
But magicians are really into my girlfriend and since Lambo has been doing magic since a young age, boy don't we all wish we had started young, then he must know her.

Can anyone give me advice on drinking tepid water?
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Sip carefully?
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Chug chug chug chug chug ..... Oh no that's beer at a college party. Sorry to not be more help..... I will check what it says in swami for you......
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Rotten
Good news! I found my stick!! I knew it was around here somewhere.
Lambo
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Lambo
OK thanks for the replys...

Dave, thanks for checking the book for me...let me know what you think.

No other ideas on this?
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2012-08-07 17:21, Rotten wrote:
Good news! I found my stick!! I knew it was around here somewhere.

Rotten apparently if you use the stick to beat your tongue until it is bloody and numb you can drink BOTH boiling and tepid water with no I'll effect (by I'll effect I mean no pain on your tounge from the temperature of the water! Note, no guarantee of no damage just not feeling any more pain). WINK only joking.

Do you own a copy of swami? I have not drunk boiling water so reporting here what it says in Sami will only make me liable for injuries sustained (note I say sustained and not 'possible injuries'.

In short don't learn from Swami.
Lambo
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Lambo
Dave if you referring to me yes I own the book.

so I am guessing no one here has really done this?.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
One of the locked topics is called "Learning the Acts". You might consider reading it.

Also consider that we don't know you. Your self-introduction said essentially nothing. You might be a 13-year-old, or the kind of person who heckles about how something's done, when it's apparent to us that you know nothing.

All we know is that you've appeared here, mentioning Swami, and asking about a stunt that WILL hurt you, if not done correctly. If somebody you'd never met, came up to you on the street, and asked you to teach him fire-eating, would you do it? If you have any sense of responsibility, I suspect not.

www.bladewalker.com
Lambo
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Lambo
Okey dokey....fair enough I am guessing there is no way to prove myself here? I think in just chatting with me for a few minutes one on one you would see where I am at skill/knowledge wise.hard to do "online".
Lambo
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Lambo
I did read the other thread learning the acts...and I do agree and that is valuable info...these stunts are not a game and one really should be tought by someone and not a book
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Boiling water (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL