The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnosis Models, Science and Automatic Imagination. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
Quote:
On 2012-08-14 09:38, bobser wrote:
Exitmat, two things:
1) have you used AI a lot (can you say how many if possible?)and what would you say your percentages of success were?
2)To frame hypnosis NOT as hypnosis I say: "This isn't hypnosis but would you like to try a thought experiment that'll possibly blow your mind?"

We don't know each other, so I want to get a grasp of how often you've done AI for me to better clarify your statement if that's ok?
And secondly anyone who does hypnosis either linked or unlinked to any other form of presentational entertainment will tell you that there are a shedload of ways to reframe hypnosis as NOT hypnosis. And they all work perfectly. Smile

I've used it quite a bit since I was first introduced to it almost a year ago, and have recently been using it much more. It works for me. Smile
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4177 Posts

Profile of bobser
Oh..... I see.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
Sometimes, Conscious Justification affects the hypnotist too. Hypnosis happens. Don't try to explain it. Trust, accept and embrace it.

I think it's important as trainers that we acknowledge, even give a disclaimer that any explanations we offer are merely products of our own conscious justification.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Kreskin has been sticking hands to tables since I was a schoolkid at least 40 years ago without the usual sleep inductions. Its nothing new. And he was a LOT more entertaining than any of the new breed of streetno's..

There is nothing wrong with the basic explanations of hypnosis they actually allow you to allow it to happen. Its when they become so grandiose complicated that they are just products of an unconscious drive to create personal significance from something that has so little value like sticking a hand to a table. When in actual fact time would be better spent on how to create bigger outcomes.

All hypnosis/non hypnosis has at least three components 1) induction 2) an outcome 3)exit

I don't believe its conscious justification because I think most behavior is unconscious at source.

There really is nothing new in whats being sold today. Much of it isn't as good as the stuff that's as old as the hills.

Street hypnosis no matter how you look at it ---- the outcome is a downward turn in performance, outcome and hypnosis skills compared to everything that's gone before.
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
You usually make some good points on here, but your obsession with this whole hand-sticking thing is getting a little tiresome and is likely to get your posts ignored.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Read the thread the AI is mostly used for hand sticking..... Have you actually listen to the AI Cds? If you had then you would know that's basically what is done with it.

Yes hand sticking to heads and tables are tiresome. That's the whole point I'm glad its now becoming tiresome for you --- you are only beginning to catch up with me. Of course we could always get more advanced and get someone to forget their name for 10 seconds.. Or stick their feet to the ground.....

If I am becoming tiresome offer something better because I am only reiterating what is being flogged on here....you can approach "training" in endless ways... but what is the point if the outcomes are always the same?

The whole point of the over pumped grandiose nonsense is to cover the fact that at the end of the day the outcomes are still the same old crap. There is nothing new to sell.

I apologize for focusing on the actual output the "reality" of all of this. But if you would kindly use your next post to offer me something better fresher relevant new even I would gratefully embrace it. Would it be better to use feet stuck to the ground? Forget your name for 10 seconds as a reference to the actual "product" would that work for you? Let me know I will be happy to change it for you.

But put that aside read my last post I think its pretty near the mark. I think that's what you really find tiresome.

I also find it highly amusing that you believe its ME that has an obsession with sticking hands to tables...... Smile

But look at it this way if its important to to anyone to be able to create basic phenomena as described above then the "AI induction" might be of value to you and that's great. But its only a few lines don't get hung up on the fancy package. Its like packing a peanut away in a crate filled with bubble wrap.
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
Yes. I have listened to it with my friend Jon Chase (See definition of 'friend.')

I'm sorry, but of all the people who post here I find it most hard to enter into a sensible debate with you, about anything.

You seem to thrive so much on being an outsider that you even take to disagreeing with those who mostly agree with you, destroying any possibility of a decent discussion.

And speaking of reality: You've made it clear several times that you think *I* need to catch up with *you*.
Get real.

Quote:
On 2012-08-14 19:45, mindpunisher wrote:
Read the thread the AI is mostly used for hand sticking..... Have you actually listen to the AI Cds? If you had then you would know that's basically what is done with it.

Yes hand sticking to heads and tables are tiresome. That's the whole point I'm glad its now becoming tiresome for you --- you are only beginning to catch up with me. Of course we could always get more advanced and get someone to forget their name for 10 seconds.. Or stick their feet to the ground.....

If I am becoming tiresome offer something better because I am only reiterating what is being flogged on here....you can approach "training" in endless ways... but what is the point if the outcomes are always the same?

The whole point of the over pumped grandiose nonsense is to cover the fact that at the end of the day the outcomes are still the same old crap. There is nothing new to sell.

I apologize for focusing on the actual output the "reality" of all of this. But if you would kindly use your next post to offer me something better fresher relevant new even I would gratefully embrace it. Would it be better to use feet stuck to the ground? Forget your name for 10 seconds as a reference to the actual "product" would that work for you? Let me know I will be happy to change it for you.

But put that aside read my last post I think its pretty near the mark. I think that's what you really find tiresome.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I'm sorry if my debate doesn't grease you and your friends marketing machine. Can you actually define what a decent debate would look like? I agree with a lot of what you say but not everything. Otherwise there would be no debate. Why bring Jon's name into it anyway?

As for thriving on being an outsider? Are you saying I have to agree with you to be an insider?

Read my post again tell me its not near the mark and why? Now I think that would be a good debate. Maybe if you would you would catch up with me and we would have a good debate.

I think you just find it easier to try and frame me as an outsider. Im not an outsider Im just not in your market. And if you think I couldn't create products for your target market or that it takes great skill then you need to get real. There are no outsiders on this forum its a forum about hypnosis. As for debate my posts are highly relevant. And I often say what others on here are thinking but for some reason don't say. I know this because they tell me privately. I have heard this same opinion about the AI model from at least three people who post on here but they don't verbalize it publicly.

Strange lot in mentalism and hypnosis communities.
Anansi
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Anansi
Chuffing' heck. This forum is like Huis Clos.
ars est celare artem
hypnokid
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of hypnokid
Minpunisheer

Such a shame you can't read and understand - you think its all about hand stucks. LOL

HK
Too much style to be a stage hypnotist.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnosis Models, Science and Automatic Imagination. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL