The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Intuition by Michael Feldman (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
From The Blue Crown, Michael's take on Paul Curry's "Out Of This World"

They did a nice job letting us see the trick ( thanks for listening, Blue Crown )

http://www.thebluecrown.com/store/tricks/intuition.html
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4636 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
I like Feldman a lot. I like Out of this World a lot. And when Mike showed me his version... I liked it a lot.

Like all of Mike's work, there's a lot of clever thinking behind this. It's worth your time, and your money, to get this.

I am.

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for all sorts of FREE VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING for magicians!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12046 Posts

Profile of John C
I got it.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
miky
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of miky
Isn't this just Jon Armstrong's "Out of This Blah Blah Blah"?
mfeld
View Profile
Elite user
San Francisco
458 Posts

Profile of mfeld
Miky -- Intuition does use one move from Jon Armstrong's Out of This Blah Blah Blah, but the full routines and the rest of the method are quite different.

I also checked with Jon before releasing this effect to make sure it wouldn't be stepping on any toes, and both Jon Armstrong and Brad Henderson (who Jon credits with the original handling of Out of This Blah Blah Blah) gave their kind permission for me to release my own version.
Michael Feldman
www.michaelfeldman.com

Or follow me on Twitter - @magicianmike
And Instagram - @magicianmichaelfeldman

Check out my newest book with Ryan Plunkett: A New Angle
https://www.ryancplunkett.com/project/anewangle
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4636 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
That's the kind of detail I was talking about!

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for all sorts of FREE VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING for magicians!
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1684 Posts

Profile of JamieD
This is an absolute killer of an effect! The method, flow and execution is absolutely brilliant. By far the best version of OOTW ive come across and the fact that it's practically hands of for the magician totally sells the effect. Its a fun one to practice but not totally 'Easy'. I think its fair to say that it takes some concentration on the part of the performer. This is now gonna be a permanent part of my repertoire!

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
mfeld
View Profile
Elite user
San Francisco
458 Posts

Profile of mfeld
Thanks Jamie, I'm glad you like it. This is definitely a fun one to perform. I agree that it require some concentration, though the difficult part for me is to make sure I don't *look* like I'm concentrating. I do think it's pretty easy from a technical standpoint, though. Definitely within the technical ability of anyone who handles cards.
Michael Feldman
www.michaelfeldman.com

Or follow me on Twitter - @magicianmike
And Instagram - @magicianmichaelfeldman

Check out my newest book with Ryan Plunkett: A New Angle
https://www.ryancplunkett.com/project/anewangle
hornet
View Profile
Veteran user
Herts, England
373 Posts

Profile of hornet
Any other thoughts on this?
robsn
View Profile
New user
Germany
45 Posts

Profile of robsn
I have just read the description at the blue crown and I cannot believe it! But I guess you won´t be lying. ;D

You quote:
Spectator Shuffles and Deals
No gaffs or gimmicks - Use any deck

What the heck??? Wow - can the spectator even examine the deck faceup before he shuffles? I have not yet discovered the secret of out of this world, so this one really puzzles me...

Is there any distributor for Intuition in Germany?
BigSmile
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of BigSmile
Hey,
es handelt sich hierbei um einen Download. D.h. es braucht keine Distribution in Deutschland. Smile

On the demo video you can see the shuffling sequence. I think that is meant by "the spectator shuffles". But I don't have the product yet.
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
837 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
I really like the OOTW plot. I've learned all sorts of variations, but Intuition immediately became one of my favorites. I've been having similar problems with some versions of this effect that Michael describes in the download, and I think his solution to them is quite brilliant. There is a lot of thinking that goes into this and I love some of the psychological ploys at play. It is not exactly "hands off" and does take a more mental work and spectator management than other versions, but it isn't really technically difficult at all. The "moves," if you can call them that are quite well motivated, but it will take some practice to make the whole effect work smoothly in the spectator's eyes.

For a version that doesn't use a s******r deck or other gimmick, this is currently a top contender for favorite. Well done!
robsn
View Profile
New user
Germany
45 Posts

Profile of robsn
Thanks a lot, BigSmile! Vielen lieben Dank! I think I´ll buy that tonight.
BigSmile
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of BigSmile
If you hurry you will get a discount from the site when buying for more than $10.
This sale ends tonight!
robsn
View Profile
New user
Germany
45 Posts

Profile of robsn
Missed it - bought Intuition tonight. Great routine! But as someone said before, one has to practice to learn masking the concentration that is needed. But I guess that will work soon. I made a first try on my wife and it worked well! And she´s the one that catches me with nearly every second trick ;D I don´t know how you could be caught when performing this one. It´s kind of inscrutable.
murrari
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of murrari
Wasn't the switch at the end a bit too obvious?
anyone?
Andrew Murray
M.I.M.C. Gold Star
AndrewMurrayMagic

DON'T WAIT FOR INSPIRATION is my brand new e-book with 10 new routines.

APTITUDE is my first PLATINUM e-book with 10 new routines + 'SIGNS' bonus.

PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP is available here.

DNA
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1140 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Not for a layman. It's up and down versus left and right.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
So, the deck comes with it?
Spackle666
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of Spackle666
Any deck. Mike showed this to some of us at GGG. The decrepensy at the end is perfectly timed and motivated--it flys by. Certainly, a fair amount of mental occupation, but nothing terribly taxing after practice.
"it's bad luck to be superstitious."
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1140 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Indeed. This has become one of my favorite renditions of OOTW. It solves a few common problems (like the two piles not having the same exact number of cards). The other one is The Perfect World, which involves gaffed cards.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Intuition by Michael Feldman (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL