The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cameron Francis's "Cheque This" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Just a little tip, be careful when loading the bill. Try to keep a finger over the lip at all times (hopefully makes since to those that own it.) I performed it tonight for family after MANY rehearsal runs at my house. Well I went to load the bill and after it was loaded it literally sprang out of the box, through the air, and landed on the table.... Talk about embarrassment
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-08-18 00:28, MagicMaddy wrote:
Well I went to load the bill and after it was loaded it literally sprang out of the box, through the air, and landed on the table.... Talk about embarrassment

Embarrassment? Maddy, can you teach me to do it that way?
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Quote:
On 2012-08-18 00:40, Zombie Magic wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-08-18 00:28, MagicMaddy wrote:
Well I went to load the bill and after it was loaded it literally sprang out of the box, through the air, and landed on the table.... Talk about embarrassment

Embarrassment? Maddy, can you teach me to do it that way?

Haha it just didn't have near the climatic ending to the routine.
jcroop
View Profile
Special user
748 Posts

Profile of jcroop
I understand Cameron's reasons for not putting out a full video, but I found the trailer not that convincing. But I went ahead and purchased it because of the price and that Cameron has so many winners.

Well the routine is much better than the trailer. And the key is what Peter Duffie commented on way up top. Everything looks so clean. The flow of the routine just works - well motivated and choreographed.

Yet another winner.

Jim
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6998 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Thank you, Jim.

Maddy, I'm sure it was mortifying when it happened... but the mental image of that is hilarious. Smile But glad you found a solution so it doesn't happen again. I must say, it's something I've never encountered.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6998 Posts

Sale ends TONIGHT!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3210 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Cameron, nice routine. The PDF with all the included videos makes this a steal. Well thought out and motivated, this is a winner.
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6998 Posts

Thank you very much!

I know there are some that are skeptical because I didn't do an unedited demo but thank you to those who have faith in me and the effect. I've gotten nothing but great feedback from it!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
MOST times I need a full performance demo. If it has Cameron Francis's name on it, I don't.

Cheque is the real deal!
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5340 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I really like this routine! Well thought out and well explained. And best of all - it has some written content!! OK, much of it just points you to video explanations, but Hey! Some written help is better than none at all!! (Can you tell I've grown very, very weary of DVD-only instructions?) But enough of that - back to the routine and effects. Cameron has packed a lot into this routine, and yet there isn't really a whole lot of explanation or instruction needed. As long as you have some basic skills under your belt (E.g., bill switch, basic card controls), this is very easy to pick up and perform with a minimum of fuss. For the first time in a long time I didn't even need much in the way of practice, other than a few quick run-throughs to get my timing and patter down pat. The routine is easy for spectators to follow - no onerous counting, dealing out cards, spelling, etc. - just a nice, straight path to the conclusion, which by the way left my small audience completely surprised and well entertained.

Bravo Cameron! And thank you!

Jim
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5289 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2012-08-22 22:19, Cameron Francis wrote:
Thank you very much!

I know there are some that are skeptical because I didn't do an unedited demo but thank you to those who have faith in me and the effect. I've gotten nothing but great feedback from it!

Your demo showed as much as it needed to. I would go as far to say that you are one of the rare creators that share full demo's for 99% of your effects. And as you stated "those who have faith in you", if people don't have faith in you by now, well to bad for them- they are going to miss out!!

RNK
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6998 Posts

Thanks, guys. Appreciate the kind words.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5289 Posts

Profile of RNK
Just wanted to report back after actually using this at a gig. This got such great reactions I had to post. Those who are familiar with this know there are four(4) surprise revelations/magical moments in this routine. Well, to sum it up I will just tell you what happened at the last magical moment when they found the signed bill inside the card case- some stood there just shaking their heads basically speechless while others shook their heads saying "No Way" and walked away do to their frustration of being fooled! This is such a smooth-flowing routine all the while being so much fun to perform. That's why I love most of Cameron's stuff - constructed for the working performer. Not to mention pretty much all Cameron's stuff is priced right and fair, and in a lot of cases more than fair!! "Cheque This" is no exception- this is definately a gem!

RNK
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2459 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Just got this and tried it out tonight. The reactions were great. Highly recommended!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6998 Posts

All I can say is Wow! I am so glad you guys are enjoying this little gem.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5289 Posts

Profile of RNK
And a gem it is. A lot of great magic packed in this little routine that is accomplished with such little to carry.

RNK
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6998 Posts

I know! That's what I love about it. The other night I went out to meet with some friends. I knew I'd be asked to do a trick or two. Didn't want to load up my pockets so I brought a deck of cards and the tiny little thing needed for this and I was good to go. Great feeling to know that I could bust out an easy to do, interesting four phase routine with so little effort.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5289 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2012-11-08 13:15, Cameron Francis wrote:
I know! That's what I love about it. The other night I went out to meet with some friends. I knew I'd be asked to do a trick or two. Didn't want to load up my pockets so I brought a deck of cards and the tiny little thing needed for this and I was good to go. Great feeling to know that I could bust out an easy to do, interesting four phase routine with so little effort.

That's probably one of the best points: "So Little Effort" for so much magic and "So Little" to carry!! Love It!!!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Cameron Francis is one of the GREAT creators in magic. His stuff world in the real world, where it counts!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5289 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2012-08-14 00:33, Zombie Magic wrote:
Cameron, I just watched the full performance. People will love this routine performed for them! It's fun, mysterious and a great ending.

Clarke

The reactions are just great. When they're signed bill turns into a check in an off beat moment, the specs just can't grasp what they have just seen. it's almost humorous to watch their reactions! And that's only the first of the 4 magical moments in the routine!! The value for this is exceptional as is most of Cameron's stuff!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cameron Francis's "Cheque This" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL