The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo Zig Zags (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
There is no use asking what is Tenyo's best 'Zig Zag' illusion as almost everyone would pick 'Side Track'. So, the question becomes, what is Tenyo's 2nd best 'Zig Zag' effect? I have added 'Side Track' to the below listing just to show the evolution of this type of trick. The other question I have is, would the 'Side Track' principle have worked on a regular poker sized playing card? Thanx all.

T-110 Zig Zag Cig & Zig Zag Skeleton
T-118 Side Track
T-141 Mini-Zag
T-146 Clean Cut (not really a zig zag, but we'll allow it Smile)
T-159 Twister/Pencilia
T-179 Trisector
T-226 President's Cabinet
Mark F
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Mark F
I'm a fan of Presidents Cabinet - mainly because its so cool looking and funny. It's nothing more than a novelty but still very clever. Trisector is cool but someone once pointed out that the device is too big for it to seem magical. But those mechanics in Trisector are some of the best, most complicated mechanics of all Tenyo devices - I'm a fan of the mechanical pieces.

I'm terrible at figuring most tricks out but I can almost always figure out a zig zag trick. Mini-Zag for instance is pretty cool when you see it once but not hard to understand the method. Side Track is really cool to watch but if it was magic would you really need that thick folder?
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
I love Side Track, but Mini-Zag is one amazing illusion! I love it.
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
My vote for Twister/Pencilia and Trisector
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Twister/Pencilia & Zig Zag Skeleton.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
For me the best of all is Twister (before Side Track), I love all in this trick, effect, design, gimmick , it's weird that this one is discontinued !
Trisector is amazing mechanics.
meridianfan
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of meridianfan
Mini-zag is really cool, and it is probably my favorite. I think it is more effective to pull out the card only a little bit.

John
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Well, I guess it's safe to say that 'Clean Cut' won this 1. Smile

No one answered the other question. I do not use jumbo cards, so I do not own Side Track. I'll re-phrase. If Side Track was made to scale of a poker sized playing card, would the effect still work? I am not trying to sneak the secret, I just want to know if the principle would work on a smaller scale. Thanx.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Yes it can work with regular poker size.
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Is there any truth to the rumor that the Stereo Super Secret Tech Lab Facility is deep in think tank mode of fabricating this in poker size in an ongoing valiant attempt to try to top the excellent 'Four Chance Game'? Smile
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
No way... I have been vaccinated this kind of absurd ideas lol
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Would be great to see a miniature version of this one. Shouldn't be THAT hard to make if you're handy which I am not Smile
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Killer & I never told you this before, Stereo...your vaccination was a placebo only. Smile
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Quote:
On 2012-08-15 06:58, Killertweety wrote:
Would be great to see a miniature version of this one. Shouldn't be THAT hard to make if you're handy which I am not Smile

I think Magic Wagon could perfectly make something like this.
Illusionist
View Profile
Regular user
Earth
121 Posts

Profile of Illusionist
Mini Zag all the way baby Smile the others had methods that resembled other stuff like zig zag cig, or that were to obvious for me.
cyberdave03
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of cyberdave03
The problem with Mini Zag is the method is rather obvious.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

I don't think the method for Mini-Zag is obvious at all. YOU know how it works, but laymen watching the trick don't. Of course you don't want to linger with the gimmick in view for more than 3 seconds or so. That's all the time you need to create the effect. I really don't see how it could be obvious or visible unless it was held in plain view for too long or at the wrong angle.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
A cool way to perform Mini Zag is by forcing a card from a deck and then Zagging the card.

You can easily make the sliding piece for Mini-Zag. You do not have to stick with the card and gimmick they supply.

You just need a second copy of the force card and trim it with an razor knife.

A Svengali Deck would be perfect for this as there are plenty of duplicates of the force card and it is easy to make the force.

Try it you'll like it.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

There are so many good forces that don't require a sleight, it's hard to imagine why one would need to resort to a gimmicked deck of any kind. The Henry Christ Cut Deeper Force or Max Holden Cross-Cut Force, and even the Hindu Shuffle Force, always work on laymen.
cyberdave03
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of cyberdave03
Quote:
I don't think the method for Mini-Zag is obvious at all. YOU know how it works, but laymen watching the trick don't.

I don't know how this trick works. I don't own it. But I when I saw the demo, I was 99.9% certain of the method, it was that obvious, and you confirmed it (or at least, you temporarily did).

Wonder Window is another example. I showed the demo for that to 4 different people, and asked each how they liked it, to which they said it was pretty good. Then I asked them how they thought it was done, and 3 out of the 4 figured it out. You may not think the method looks obvious, because the spectator doesn't say anything, but they're quietly working it out in their head.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo Zig Zags (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL