The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo crossroads advice (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wizard91
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of wizard91
Hi all,

I think I know the answer to this already but thought I would ask just in case anyone has any ideas as this place always seems to be very helpful.

I've just bought a Tenyo crossroads which was packaged but sold without instructions via the favourite auction site. A fellow member of the Café very kindly supplied a copy of the instructions for me and the trick arrived with me in the UK from the US today. The problem is when I opened the package I found that the crossroads tube was there with a real pencil and a second real pencil that was simply cut in half but the gimmick is missing. I don't really see any way of getting around this without the gimmick to perform the trick and it obviously makes a big difference to the price of the item which was initially purchased on the understanding the trick was complete just without the instructions which would have been fine.

I don't think this was deliberate as the seller didn't have the instructions to know anything was missing especially if they were not familiar with Tenyo items but I'm now in a bit of a dilema. I either need to somehow find a spare gimmick, need to somehow manufacture my own or return the item if the seller will accept this for a refund.

I just wondered
a) if anyone on here has any ideas or might even have a spare gimmick from somewhere
b) what the trick is worth without the key gimmick as in my view it is not possible to do anything without it and is a essential part of the trick.

I'm waiting to hear back from the seller but thought I would just check on here in the meantime as you never know. Certianly not worth the price I paid as it currently stands which is annoying as the rest is in pretty good condition.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Return the trick and ask your money back. The gimmick is what makes the trick expensive - almost impossible to make your own.
wizard91
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of wizard91
Thanks, I thought that was most likely the case, very annoying.
Gzero
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Gzero
If you're interested, I put a Crossroads on eBay, and I can assure you that this one is complete! ;-)
Here the link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll......36234051
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
The only think you're paying for is the gimmick!
wizard91
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of wizard91
Looks like I'll have to return it and hopefully get a refund unless they can find the gimmick somewhere.

Thanks for the eBay link Gzero, will definitely put in a bid if I can sort out a refund for this other one.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Be careful with the actual CrossRoad auction, there are many irregularities and it is not the first time ... I think this auction is faked.
Gzero
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Gzero
Stereo, what you say is completely wrong.
I sent you an email to tell you an idiot amused himself by placing false bids. He was banished from my auctions. You can trust me. wizard91 I'll guarantee.
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Just return it as everyone says. You are paying for the gimmick, the secret & for it being able to be performed. The way it is now, it is only 25 cents worth of plastic & wood. Hopefully, as you say, the seller made an honest unknowing mistake. It happens.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Sorry Gzero I had not seen your email, but there is 3 fake bidders, not only one. And and at least one is from France and it's the same wich have place strange bids when I have put my Ultra Tube and if my memory is good you have place bids on this auction too.
In fact in crossRoad, one place hight bids and retract ( at 6h40), after I have place my bid, and another one "r***e ( 2 )" have place another high bids and rectract too ( at 6h48) and the 3rd "m***u ( 4 )" place bids just below my maximum bid to the price goes up to my maximum bid without exceeding it ( One minute after at 6h49)... It's been Lots of bid retractions in 10 minutes ...
In fact you should have banned three people, not only one.
Gzero
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Gzero
Stereo, I did the necessary, I repeat. I am a serious eBayer, look my feedbacks.
I am also sorry that you there were so many auction retractions in such a short time. Everything is clear now, if you want to bid again, you can do it with confidence. ;-)

Inert, obviously a trick sold without gimmick, this is a scam! At worst, you can request a refund by Paypal, in general they reimburse without worrying if the delivered item does not conform to that expected. ;-)
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Thank you Gzero, I know you for long time and I'm sure your are someone honest, alas it is not always the case for everyone... I hope you make a good sale because it is a rare trick which will become increasingly difficult to find, especially complete and with a gimmick in good condition like your.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Smile Smile Smile Smile
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
wizard91
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of wizard91
Thankfully the seller has located the gimmick for this trick and is now sending it on. They had given a full refund prior to finding the missing piece so thanks for all the advice. Hopefully all will be ok once this gimmick piece arrives.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
That is good news your lucky the seller is honest and is sending the gimmick even after the refund. If all is well after you get it you should resend him the money for the item back to his paypal account for his honest effort to even look for the gimmick after the refund. Smile
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
wizard91
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of wizard91
Yes don't worry, have already returned the money for the item now the gimmick has been found. Nice to have an honest person and I'm more than happy now that the item is complete.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo crossroads advice (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL