The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Copper/Silver Coin Routine Recommendations Wanted (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
drbuzzard
View Profile
New user
Manchester, UK
45 Posts

Profile of drbuzzard
After the great responses to my question about flipper coins (http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=474356&forum=202&28) I thought I’d ask for advice about copper/silver coin routines.

I just bought a very nice Barber and Victorian Penny copper/silver set and am looking to get the most out of it.

My favourite routine going back many years is Roth’s Copper/Silver Classic with the finish in spectator’s hand.

But I’d appreciate suggestions for alternatives; can anyone suggest some DVDs and books where I might find the state-of-the-art in copper/silver transpositions and other routines with the c/s coin?
langston3711
View Profile
Regular user
Cumming, GA
190 Posts

Profile of langston3711
I love to do Dan Watkins Double Take Transposition from his Coin Man Walking DVD. It's a great 2 phase transposition routine done almost completely in the spectators hands.
When a magician lets you notice something on your own, his lie becomes impenetrable
~Teller
drbuzzard
View Profile
New user
Manchester, UK
45 Posts

Profile of drbuzzard
Quote:
On 2012-08-09 15:51, langston3711 wrote:
I love to do Dan Watkins Double Take Transposition from his Coin Man Walking DVD. It's a great 2 phase transposition routine done almost completely in the spectators hands.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have that DVD and will check that routine out.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8754 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Welcome to the Café buzz. Smile

I know you said books or DVDS, but check downloads too. Smile With that, you might have a look at my JumpMandu. Smile It's a fun effect with some very visual changes to it. One of my pet effects, I carry it with me everyday. Smile

http://vinnymarini.com/download/jump.html

*And here's some views on it from the Café: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=3

I also have an effect called Copper/Silver SURPRISE! on my Short Pockets download:
http://vinnymarini.com/download/shortpockets.html

And think I also have something for this on my KABOOM! coin trick collection too:
http://vinnymarini.com/download/kaboom.html
*Check out my latest: The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Wes65
View Profile
Inner circle
I've said very little in
1219 Posts

Profile of Wes65
Rannie, yours works great as an opening for Marion's Jumpmandu or as a substitute for the first transpo or of course as a nice quick transpo by it self.

As for Jumpmandu.... One of my favorites.
Wes
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4838 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
You mite tey my triple spellbound Routine From my book Coinjurering! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
869 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
Hi there,

You can purchase New York Seminar coin magic on copper silver coin plot vol 3, 4,5. There are tons of material that will keep you busy for a while

Of ourse you can purchase some material from magician folks right here. Rannie, Mb217, and of couse mr.Dave Neighbors cant go wrong with them

Cheers
Andre
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1679 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Curtis Kam's "Coercive Purse" from his Palms of Steel 2 IMO is one of the best C/S routines out there. Tommy Wonder had some nice things to say about it in Stephen Minch's "Spectacle" book. Tommy's routine "Counterfeiter's Spellbound," which makes use of a C/S coin can be found on page 71 of the same book.

Kainoa Harbottle released a book on routine using a C/S coin "Coinapalooza 2 International Deception" It has eight routine within it, and even one by yours truly Smile

There is also a DVD I think it's called "Attack of the C/S coin" or something like that. I haven't seen it, so I couldn't say whether or not if its any good.

Hope this helps,
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Apocalypse is full of Spellbound routines. Smart to use gimmicked AND ungimmicked coins.

It's also smart to learn Al Schneider's Spellbound moves and the Spellbound moves from Rubinstein's Encyclopedia Of Coin Magic. And Roth's teaching, of course.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27115 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
At some point it helps to figure out how the make the magic register for audiences on the coin transposition trick.

here's one no-skill way. Start with Roth's routine but make a point of not showing the coins on both sides. Then explain that you use an extra coin and take out another silver or copper. Now do Curtis Kam's Inferential (he actually wanted to call it 'sleazy' at one point - but thanks to Harry it's got a more highbrow title) ... but make a point of seeming to turn over each coin just before you you carefully place it in their hand. Use the extra silver (or copper) (really it's a */*) as the marker coin to announce remind them where each coin is. Make the magic happen. Have them open their hands to reveal the transposition. If one or both of them are was-acres you can enjoy the fun as they turn over the coins and have that "uh-oh" moment. Serve to taste. Smile

That strategy of "up the garden path" can work in miniature in almost any copper and silver type routine. What you do with that moment is between you and your audiences.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Octopus Sun
View Profile
Special user
Wiggle Wiggle
586 Posts

Profile of Octopus Sun
Steve Dusheck's C/S transpo is what I've been working since that thread on him came up.
It's a real nice piece of magic. you end clean with the heat in the spec's hand.
They have no clue at all.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8925 Posts

Profile of funsway
I have a C/S routine with multiple phases as a Transpo or Transportation (modified Gadabout Coins) that ends with a copper and silver in the spectator's hand -- the silver is extracted, leaving them the copper...
following form, the silver should return to their hand, but the hand is open to reveal Nothing! Their hand is empty!

Those who believe it is impossible to do a "Vanish to Empty" in a spectator's hand can ignore this post.

Anyone interested in the details can send a request to gusarimagic@comcast.net
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1104 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
IMO you can't beat Roth's routine mentioned in the OP. Learning the main move will take some time to master but it is well worth it. Lovely subtle use of the gaff.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8754 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On 2012-08-12 11:45, Octopus Sun wrote:
Steve Dusheck's C/S transpo is what I've been working since that thread on him came up.
It's a real nice piece of magic. you end clean with the heat in the spec's hand.
They have no clue at all.

Gotta agree with you here Sun, Dusheck's C/S Transpo is a marvelous effect and clearly revved-up the C/S genre and was genius for its time and still pretty darn slick even today. Such a simple little trick and handling but really amazes people to no end, looks like real magic. And its workings is the stuff of legends in the coin magic genre that brought about more great stuff that works upon the clever principle. Wonderful effect from an amazing magic creator that came up with tons of very good magic and still doing it today. Smile Much respect to Steve Dusheck.
*Check out my latest: The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
drbuzzard
View Profile
New user
Manchester, UK
45 Posts

Profile of drbuzzard
Many thanks for all the excellent replies.
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1504 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
I 2nd (or 3rd) the recommendation for Roth's routine.
Octopus Sun
View Profile
Special user
Wiggle Wiggle
586 Posts

Profile of Octopus Sun
Been playing around with MB's "Tap, Wave, and Rub" since this thread came up, it's another C/S winner.
WKM
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester Uk
138 Posts

Profile of WKM
Just bought a set of these.... Looking forward to their arrival. A question,

I bought half dollar size, are they the same dimensions as a half dollar ?
Liam Ball MMC

www.w-k-m.co.uk

Not a belief - An Experience!
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1302 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
@WKM
yes they are made from alf dolar sized coins so they work the same as a half dollar.

Wild coin is also a fun routine to use a c/p coin.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Copper/Silver Coin Routine Recommendations Wanted (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL