The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Magic Quotes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3621 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Funny, but so true...

"I remember my brother, Bill, as a tow-headed kid, captivated by magic acts on television. He’d use his allowance to buy simple tricks and then he would inflict them on the family and the scout troop at the slightest lull in conversation.

Our enthusiasm had not been exactly unbounded, and after a few years of saying “pick a card, any card” to the back of a stampeding audience, he gave it up and retreated into his school work.

He graduated phi beta kappa from William and Mary and had been accepted into law school without much difficulty, but I never saw him talk about law school with anything like the glow he used to have for his hokey magic tricks…"

Sharon McCrumb
MacPherson’s Lament
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2876 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
I went through law school too, and it ain't no Abbott's for sure. Wilma Rench is a lot better than being in front of the Bench.
Greg.O
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Greg.O
It's always better to do what you love for your job. As the saying goes "If you love your job you'll never work a day in your life"...or something like that.

Greg O.
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2579 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Steve Martin's quote (which I'll no doubt misquote) that; "anyone wanting to get into show business who has no talent at all usually becomes a magician."
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Magic Quotes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL