The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Link by Nefesch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

northernwarrior
View Profile
Regular user
Croatia
101 Posts

Profile of northernwarrior
It has been a while since I had seen in Nefesch's website advertising a new effect named "LINK"
I think it was about two months since he had it advertising in his website, but It really didn't say anything, it just said "LINK, comming soon..."
However a few weeks ago he placed a full description of the effect.
You can find the description here :

http://www.nefesch.com/link.html

Apparently it is Nefesch's approach to "De Profundis" effect by Corinda.

It is a 3 phase routine using an ungimmicked rope, making two spectator's read each other minds.
I also learnt (in an other thread in the magic Café) that even though the main effect does not include the box hanging in the midle of the rope (like Corinda's effect), there will be a bonus section covering a prediction method to have a box hanging from the midle of the rope while two spectators hold each one of the ends of the lenght of rope and have everything predicted inside the box.

The Pdf is not available yet, but it should be released by the end of this week.

I thougth you may want to read more about it and share your thoughts.

all the best,
Marko
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
I had the pleasure to read a few days ago this new work from Nefesch,a clever and practical adaptation from the original piece from Corinda.

I will also contribute an effect for the eBook in which a participant can be a clairvoyant for a brief moment and know the unknown.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
I love the classics andreading and re-reading Annemann and Corinda.

Even more than this I love to see people take their works and improve, and apply different thinking too.

De Profundis although it was a cursory write-up was good, it wasn't great and is routinely skipped over evidenced by the fact most people remember seeing the picture of a big box on a piece of string but they cannot remember the routine.

Nefesch's has MORE THAN improved this, he has created a multi-phased, cleaner routine from it. It's a testament to Nefesch's ability to create, improve and work with anything he is given.

He has also done away with the necessary arts and crafts required for the original AS WELL as the need for the you (the performer) to be holding the other end of the rope.

There is huge scope for your own ideas and for you to customise the information revealed and shared through this spectator-spectator psychic connection.

Hopefully I'll have time to contribute a small idea to this effect to.
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
Here are some quotes used with permision from some performers that have already gotten LINK:

“Very well thought out routine outstanding work as always from Nefesch. I love it!” --Neal Scryer

“I love the idea man, it's something I didn't really think too much about in Corinda, but your addition makes it a real worker!” -- Dee Christopher

"Nefesch did a good job at simplifying Corinda's De Produndis' routine. Especially the ungimmicked version is very nice and I like the way it plays. Good thinking on that one!" -- Timon Krause

“Link is a solid multi-phase routine. His thinking and approach of effects is very unique and if you are a fan of Nefesch's thinking process then Link will be great for you.” -- Titanas

I will give you more news about the relase of LINK soon!

Nefesch
TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
375 Posts

Profile of TimonK
Hello guys,

- how many of you wouldn't know the moment, when you skip through the pages of "Thirteen Steps to Mentalism", see an awesome routine and then realise that it's simply not up-to-date or quite unpractical?
Now, keeping this in mind you will be able to appreciate what Nefesch did with his routine "LINK": He took one of those routines often skipped over by people reading TStM - namely "De Profundis", page 105/106 - and did his very best to transform it into a workable piece of mentalism. Not only did he simplify the method for the performer - in the same step he made the routine a lot cleaner and more logical.

Basically, the premise is simple: Two specators will link up their minds. They actually will create a physical connection by holding a piece of rope between the two of them/holding hands. The performer now calls out a few numbers or words and the spectators should both decide on one of the words. Amazingly, when asked what they thought of, both spectators decided on the same thought!

I like this because the premise of something physical creating a connection between two people - not only between their body, but also between their minds - is a very logical one and possibly even gives spectators the possibility to imagine it might've been physics or something of the like after all; the effect can seem very real and leaves room to a lot of pseudo-explanations.

Of course, none of those are true: The actual method is pretty surefire and the performer controlls everything. Nevertheless: it does require good spectator-management in some points and I wouldn't recommend this routine for a beginner to start off with.

There is a second method, too. While you can't do the first method close up or totally without preparation it is surefire. The second method is impromptu and totally ungimmicked, it is not surefire though. It still is pretty cool. The effect looks a little different with the second method, as one spectator actually sends a thought through the rope to another spectator.

The book is about 70 pages I think and there are lots of contributions from other performers in it, too - ideas for routines, ideas on how to improve or alter the routine/method, new ideas for methods, etc.

Nefesch send me the book, so I can't really say anything about what the book would've been worth to me. However, I think 42.50$ - although it's not extremely cheap - is a fair price for the book and you'll get lots out of it. You know what the routine will look like, so if you think it suits your style and it fits you, you shouldn't skip on this one as it actually gives some insight into different techniques and Nefesch's thinking.

All in all - Nefesch did a great job I believe and especially the impromptu method is definetely for me. I guess after reading the book many more performers will come up with lots more ideas for this routine. And maybe Nefesch might get other performers to start thinking about old "unusable" routines once more to re-work them.

All the best,

Timon.
"But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?"
- Richard Bach, 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull'

www.timonkrause.com
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
What is LINK?

LINK is my adaptation of Corinda's "De profundis" Routine which can be found in his "Thirteen steps to mentalism" book, Step Four (predictions), Page 105 and 106. If you are familiar with this routine, let me tell you what my adaptation is: LINK can be performed with ANY ROPE! it can be performed WITHOUT the need of any apparatus, without the need of gimmicking anything, and with a less than 30 seconds set up!

The book explains the easy handling and methodology and includes more than fifteen different routines that can be performed using this method, the method is guaranteed to work and surefire, this is a stage routine.

Aditionally within the more than 80 pages of this book, you will find many ideas about how to have the prediction either hanging from the rope (it can be in an envelope or a box hanging from the rope) or to have it aside.

Within its pages it includes a small idea about how to perform LINK on a close up situation, this second method is not surefire but if it used correctly it works, you may want to read that idea to play with it and maybe develope something else from it, these close up idea is not a new method, is something that has been used already for a long time by many performers, is just an adaptation about how to use a rope emplotying this method

It includes Ideas and colaborations from:

Luca Volpe, Timon Krause, Mauricio Jaramillo, Pablo Amira, Andy Canon, Titanas...
...and more.

Here are some quotes used with permission from real performers that have already tried out LINK:

“Very well thought out routine outstanding work as always from Nefesch. I love it!” --Neal Scryer

“I love the idea man, it's something I didn't really think too much about in Corinda, but your addition makes it a real worker!” -- Dee Christopher

"Nefesch did a good job at simplifying Corinda's De Produndis' routine. Especially the ungimmicked version is very nice and I like the way it plays. Good thinking on that one!" -- Timon Krause

“Link is a solid multi-phase routine. His thinking and approach of effects is very unique and if you are a fan of Nefesch's thinking process then Link will be great for you.” -- Titanas

LINK will be released next week.

I may have one or two copies to send out free for reviews if you are interested let me know.

Hugs

Nefesch
northernwarrior
View Profile
Regular user
Croatia
101 Posts

Profile of northernwarrior
I'd sure love to take a look at it Smile

all the best,
Marko
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
There is still one more FREE copy available!
Interested please pm me
or write here.

Nefesch
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1858 Posts

Profile of Prager
Link is simply beautiful.
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
From Paul Voodini, posted with his permision:

Hi Nefesch, thanks for sharing your book. I really enjoyed it - great work! There is a lot of great thinking here, and I really enjoyed seeing how your mind worked! What I was particularly impressed with was the way you have supplied different ideas and methods for presenting the same routine. This enables the performer to decide which method will work best for him, but also demonstrates that there are often more than one answer to a performance problem. Link is a wonderful way of presenting demonstrations of mind-to-mind telepathy, and has many layers and subtleties that elevate above the average. This is great work! I'm sure that any mentalist or mystery performer will find great worth in this book, and I wish you every success with Link!
All the best & thanks again, -- Paul Voodini
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Nefesch kindly sent me this to review for him. I have purchased a couple of Nefesch's works before and was very happy with them so was looking forward to this.

I have had time to read, digest and try out some parts of this before giving my review. The things I had in mind at the beginning were that it was based on another effect so how different is it? Is it worth the money? Is it going to be workable?

The ebook is pretty big, it is divided into an effects section then an ideas section. What you get is a pretty full routine with multiple methods for each section (which is great). They are all workable but a couple I had my reservations about... so I moved to the next one and liked it more. There are a couple of the end ideas that I felt were a bit much but are on a list if I want to perform a full seance show.

After reading it, I was really prepared to launch into a routine of it, I changed a couple of aspects and I was working away.

I particularly liked the routines where the participants send thoughts to each other, it gives a lot of scope to work around different PK touch routines and would fit well with a couple of Peter Turner's effects.

Writing: Great! English is not Nefesch's first language but it's all here, everything is fine and very clear, at times very funny in the over 18 section

Effects: What more could you want? different and extended enough from the original and VERY well thought out, so much room for customisation and picking what you like to do

Content: Not any filler IMO, lots of ideas crammed in at the end could be expanded even further! The fact that so many people have contributed at the end shows you how much this can work.

I performed a couple of quick aspects of this and they fit right in with another couple of ideas,

To answer my original questions, it builds upon the original and expands it, the amount of content and ideas here are worth the asking price IMO and while I don't find 100% of it workable, there is more than enough to have more than one way to perform each part of the effect.

I really like this and will use it, maybe not every time I perform but if I am doing a nice PK touch section this fits right along side the other regulars (Banachek and Loops)

Thanks for including me in the reviewing, I have already changed a couple of sections into my own style quite quickly and it will stick around!

Two thumbs up from me
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
LINK has been released!
The final work is 138 pages, more than 16 different routines.
Collaborations from:

Luca Volpe, Peter Turner, Timon Krause, Mauricio Jaramillo, Pablo Amira, Andy Cannon and Titanas

You can read reviews and a full description at:

http:www.nefesch.com/link.html
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
This work is a perfect example on how to transform an old concept in a solid routine for the modern performer.
The ungimmiked version looks like real magic!
Good job again my friend!
Luca
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Link by Nefesch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL