The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Books on memorized decks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bigchuck
View Profile
Veteran user
Nothing clever has ever been said in my
400 Posts

Profile of bigchuck
Well, I have memorized the Aronson stack and now its time to actually buy a book or two to put it into use (other than the obvious 'think a card & count down to this number'). In particular I am interested in finding memorized deck material that, if possible, doesn't completely destroy the deck order.

Since I am already familiar with the Aronson stack, hopefully you can help point me to find the more impressive effects that utilize that stack the best.
Thanks.
"The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact
mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows. - Frank Zappa"
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Try Martin Joyal on his work. It is supposed to be excellant. He has an ad here at the Café.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
How about trying some of Simon Aronson's works? Look for Bound to Please, Simply Simon, and Try the Impossible. They should keep you busy for a while.
Doug Conn
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Doug Conn
Workers 5 by Mike Close has some GREAT mem-deck stuff (that keeps the pack in order.)
Cameron Roat
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
728 Posts

Profile of Cameron Roat
Check out this list of books on Martin Joyal's site...

http://www.joyalstack.com/Pages/MemorizedDeck/Readings.html
Law
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Law
Scott Cram is the go-to guy for memorized deck research. Check out his post in this thread. Incredible. (Thanks, Scott!)
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Get Bound to Please first and learn Histed Heisted, Center Cut location, group shuffle, etc. there is a wealth of information in there on aronson's stack and IMO stack work is the most POWERFUL card magic there is if the specs don't know what a mem stack is. you can perform some impossible feats with this method. then go on and get try the impossible...another gem.
jazzman
View Profile
New user
manchester, UK
69 Posts

Profile of jazzman
Scams and Fantasies by Darwin Ortiz contains some very powerful effects utilizing a memorized stack.
Jason Fleming
View Profile
Veteran user
Marooned, Hawaii
374 Posts

Profile of Jason Fleming
I agree with Doug, Mike Close has two terrific routines that are also on his "Very very Close" video series. One is the worlds cleanest ID (since you don't use a gimmicked deck in the traditional sense) and the other is called "The Smiling Mule". Both would fool most magicians.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Quote:
On 2003-10-21 09:17, Law wrote:
Scott Cram is the go-to guy for memorized deck research. Check out his post in this thread. Incredible. (Thanks, Scott!)

Thank you!

The list you reference is one I keep updated as I find more memory-related effects (including, but not limited to, memorized deck effects). Anyone who wants the most recent version of the list is welcome to PM me to ask for it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Books on memorized decks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL