We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Advertising the area (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Not wanting to step on the other thread, I started a new one as I think this is a great observation and wanted to elaborate on it.

Quote:
On 2012-08-15 15:19, gman wrote:
You know Joe Joe, the one thing I noticed in your shows is that you always seem to advertise either a store that you are near or something else happening in the area. I'm betting the store owners appreciate that.

Several reasons I do this ... first, I want to get rid of people at the end of the show - so I want to give them something else to do.

Second, the stores do appreciate it and that makes my job easier. Some nights, they even drop stuff in my hat for me.

And the biggest reason is because it re-sells myself. Old sales rule: it is cheaper to keep an existing customer than it is to buy a new one. Meaning, if Barefoot Landing were to spend money putting flyers in the store windows ... if you counted the number of customers that saw the flyers and came back, it will always be cheaper than what it would cost to run an ad in the newspaper to attract the same number of new customers.

So when I say "we got fireworks here on Monday night", I am not just bringing people back to see fireworks ... I am bringing them back to watch my show again. And it does indeed work.

I'll even tell people "Nick Pike from America's Got Talent will be doing a show tomorrow night" ... never mind the fact that he is also doing one tonight - what I am doing is bringing them back to see me again the next night also.

I should point out that I am being paid by Barefoot Landing, so in that sense I feel it is my duty to bring people back like that - they don't just pay me to do magic shows, they pay me to attract customers. But I imagine if I were just working the streets, I would still want to promote the area - it just makes good business sense in my book.

So that is the skinny on me always promoting things - hope someone finds it useful.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
Octopus Sun
View Profile
Special user
Wiggle Wiggle
586 Posts

Profile of Octopus Sun
Very cool JoeJoe
wcoach
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of wcoach
I watched Joe Joe perform his act while I was at Myrtle beach again this season. Joe Joe is a very talented, SMART, hard working, he is very aware of his surroundings, and a true profesional. I along with the thousands that watch him peform night after night, have a great time with the way he interacts with the people. Thanks again Joe Joe for another great year at the beach, I look forward to seeing you again next year. Also everyone should check out Joe Joe's web spinner it is a great tool to have with you and easy to use.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Humbled by your praise ... hoping we see each other sooner than that. Smile

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
I actually thought it was a good idea. I think if buskers did something like that most store owners would appreciate it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Advertising the area (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL