The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Best and Worst (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2012-08-16 20:50, Mary Mowder wrote:
I don't want to look like I'm bragging with my best and I certainly won't admit my worst.

-Mary

Sounds like a true performer to me !

I'm glad you're on the Café, Mary.
Your posts are always genuine.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On 2012-08-16 20:50, Mary Mowder wrote:
I don't want to look like I'm bragging with my best and I certainly won't admit my worst.

-Mary

The "best" stories about Mary's magic are the ones she cannot tell -- those told by others of the inspiration she has been -- and is
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
My Best and Worst moments with performing magic are the same!

The evening when Arnold Furst told me that I had the skills and dedication to be a great magician as a career if I chose ..

and then said that my empathy and understanding of fear might destroy me in the process.

and in his eyes I saw a very lonely man. I was 14 years old.

since that day I have performed tens of thousands of conjury and mentalism effects -- and have never accepted any fee.

for he also told me, "Because you can you must!" -- another path in the magic forest ...
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
Great stories!

My worse:

I was doing a silk act; I was in the middle of doing Pavel's silks from newspaper. In the set up there is some gluing involved. While I was performing the routine, I roll up the paper then tear a small piece at the bottom to reveal the silks are now tied together. While in the process of pulling out the silks, I got some of the glue on the silks, when it came time to pull the silks out, they were stuck to the paper and as much as I tried I wasn’t able to free them. I needed the silks to continue into the next phase of the act. I should have stopped and ended it there but since it was my opening act and needed the silks to go on, I kept trying to free them. I got flustered and just threw the whole thing behind me. The audience felt my frustration and I lost them very early in the show and I was never able to win them back. I learned the hard way that the opening act is what sets the tone for the show.

My best:

I’ve had many but the one that stands out is when a Mother called me to thank me for the pleasure that I brought her family the day of her son’s birthday party. She said that everyone enjoyed it and just wanted to call to say thank you.

I don’t know of many other jobs where people pay me to perform, then they offer me food and drink and then afterwards call me to thank me for being there! I love my job!
Life of Magic!
Countage
View Profile
Veteran user
Charlotte
361 Posts

Profile of Countage
Best: I had given a friend a 20 and told him to walk up and tip me while I was performing at a table that seem like the crowd was giving me a great response. Before he came up and did that the guy I did the sponge rabbits to tipped me a 100. After my buddy came and said here is 20 for the show at our table. The guy that tipped me 100 tipped me another 100.

Worst: I was doing the floating rose. When I lit the flash paper rose it fell into my magic case and caught my giant sponge ball on fire. It looks pretty funny on tape.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Best and Worst (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL