The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » It's Never too Early - Book of the Year 2012 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
duanebarry
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of duanebarry
Those earlier books of Sankey's effects were written by Kaufman and Racherbaumer. Their writeups were not reprinted, were they?
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
No, they were rewritten.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Well, unless the world ends on 21 December, the voting begins on 31 December.

As promised the official thread will be up on that day. Votong will be simple:

The book you nominate is your vote. Only one vote per user.

This next bit is to minimize (hopefully) the debacle of last year: to vote, a user must have 50 posts. The Café does not count posts in the for sale sections and welcoming new members.

Café rules apply. So if an author is banned, the book is disqualified.

Now, I am going to make a radical departure from past criteria and really simplify things. The book must have a 2012 imprint. There are two books either out or due out shortly that are reprints. But, some Café members have suggested in PM that these books have been so long out of print that they are in essence "new." In addition I have neither the time nor the inclination to page through books or ask others to do so to determine a percentage of effects that have never seen print before. Many routines first saw print in lecture notes for instance and I really don't want to have to track that down either.

Bound periodicals do NOT count. Only monographs qualify for this award. So Trapdoor v.3 and the Wesley James bound volumes that came out this year do not qualify. I am perhaps the biggest fan of periodicals around these parts but I do want to keep Peo's criterion that the book must be a monograph complete unto itself.

E-books that have been republished as physical books do not qualify. There is going to be an E-book of the Year Award - the first time ever on The Café - so your vote should go there even if you own the physical copy.

The Award is an anti-climax as all of you will see the votes. I do not want to go the route of PMs or use e-mail. It's a PITA.

So, 21 days until the voting begins! If you have questions, please post them here. Thanks to all and let's have fun and bear in mind that while the Award offers no money, it does serve as a valuable informational resource and it gives all of the authors recognition for their hard work.

Namaste,
Vlad

PS: To reiterate, the official voting thread will be up on 31 December. Any votes cast here will be ignored. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » It's Never too Early - Book of the Year 2012 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL