The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The August 2012 entrée: Shawn Farquhar » » Sealed deck routine release date? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Hia

One don't have to be mentalist in order to predict that this will be asked sooner than later Smile

In spring 2012 you wrote in your twitter that your sealed deck routine (2 DVD set mentioned in some other interview) is complete and it should be out by Blackpool FISM. Later you wrote that you missed dealers booth so you had to change the release.

So the question everybody wants to know is when will it be released? Smile It was promised to come out already after FISM 2006 at Stockholm and since the method has been used by few tv magicians and other people are trying to profit with the idea by bringing out their own variations on George Schindler - Sealed Surprise plot but they arent nearly as good and polished.

Juha-Matti
Scott Kahn
View Profile
Special user
Clayton, NC
787 Posts

Profile of Scott Kahn
I think we all want to know when "Signed, Sealed and Delivered" will be released.
Scott Kahn, M.D.

KAHNCEPTUAL CARD MAGIC: MORE DECEPTIVE PRACTICES WITH PLAYING CARDS
https://kahnjuring.com/kahnceptual-card-magic/

KAHNJURING: DECEPTIVE PRACTICES WITH PLAYING CARDS
https://kahnjuring.com/kahnjuring/

SWINDLES, SCAMS & KAHNS
https://kahnjuring.com/swindles-scams-kahns/
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

Profile of Shawn Farquhar
Hi Guys,

I was expecting this question and I wish I had an answer you will like.
The fact is I had actually planned to release it way back in 2003!
It is ready to release and I have had a lot of interest from several of the big companies to represent it too.
It won't be called "Signed, Sealed and Delivered" as originally introduced... long story.
I have a new name and a plan on how to release the effect.
It will be very limited as I want to protect the secret for those that invest in the routine.
Details to be announced soon (see I said you wouldn't like the answer...)

-shawn
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Shawn,

I was the lucky one who you called upon to help during this routine at the World Magic Seminar back a couple of years ago (and got my photo in MAGIC with you doing the routine to boot!). I hadn't seen this routine live and I can say it was a thing of beauty. Fried me...and the funny thing is, I was at your lecture earlier in the day when you talk about how you use getting your sharpie for the "secret action" to take place and it still flew over my head.

I for one hope that you never release it as it's your baby and I think that some things should just stay that way. However...when you do, I'll be line more than likely!

Thanks for being such a great inspiration to the Magic World...

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

Christopher,

Yeah the move can go right by you as it seems so natural... well unless you're as tall and Penn Jillette!
I have never performed for a real giant before and it turns out they see things from a totally different perspective.
I'm very proud to read you think I inspire ... thanks.

-shawn
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1452 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
A big welcome to you as a 'Special Guest' on the Café. Looking forwrd to your release of that effect Shawn. It literally fries people.

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Howdy... sure had a great time chatting you up at Kramiens.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

Pete, it was my pleasure to share a few stories at Kramien's.
Stan just announced it wasn't the last and he plans to do it again... hope we get a change to hang out some more.

-shawn

p.s. Ray it's always great to hear from you. Looking forward to when you move back to the mainland.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Quote:
On 2012-08-19 21:43, Shawn Farquhar wrote:
Hi Guys,

I was expecting this question and I wish I had an answer you will like.
It will be very limited as I want to protect the secret for those that invest in the routine.

-shawn

Actually this part I really like Smile I am working pro so I have no problem on investing something I will be able to use and better yet if everybody else isn't doing it as well.

J-M
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Hi Shawn, how can we get on your list to get in line.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Yes, please advise...
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

I have a newsletter I email periodically and always announce things first to the subscribers. Many times I offer discounts when I launch a new effect for a limited time to those that are on the list. You can find the link to subscribe at http://www.magichampion.com

-shawn
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Awesome. I just subscribed.
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1452 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Hey Shawn,

I just subscribed as well.

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Did you teach the effect (or a version thereof) on your penguin live lecture?
Official Thread Killer
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Just Subscribed.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

Hey Stucky,

Yes I taught a similar effect on the Penguin Online lecture.
The effect I taught is called RSVP as in ReSealed Verified Pack.
Basically the premise of RSVP is that when you buy a deck of cards they are in new deck order but that is not how they leave the factory. I explain that cards are just thrown into a box and sort themselves out while in transit to the store. I open a new deck, remove jokers and premium cards and shuffle the remaining cards. Using just six cards (three red and three black) I demonstrate how they won't remain mixed (oil/water) routine. I then go further saying they can be face up and down too and demonstrate a triumph routine. Finally I have the spectator shuffle the cards, face up into face down multiple times and have one card removed and set aside without anyone viewing the suit or value. This shuffled deck is place into the case and the case is signed by the spectator and held in their hands. When they open their hands the pack is found to have ReSealed itself. The outside of the Pack is Verified to to be Sealed. (ReSealed Verified Pack = RSVP). The spectator breaks the seal, opens the deck and confirms the deck is in new deck order without the jokers or premium cards and of course the one previously removed card is absent too...

It's a powerful effect with many phases and lots of moments of strong magic. It is within the technical reach of almost anyone who can handle and shuffle a deck of cards. It can be done standing without tables and will play well for a single person or a huge crowd.

I am sure I could have easily made a video and sold this as a stand alone effect to the magic community but I wanted to give folks who had seen my lecture live a reason to get this video version too.

-shawn
Matt Bartz
View Profile
Loyal user
Gilbert, Arizona
252 Posts

Profile of Matt Bartz
To anyone interested: that Penguin Video Lecture was my first exposure to Shawn's lecture. I'd seen clips of him performing, I'd seen all the awards and accolades, and had always hoped to attend a lecture of his. I came away thoroughly impressed. RSVP was phenomonal, and Shawn was a class act. A great combination of entertaining, enlightening and someone that just seems like an all around nice guy.
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

Thanks Matt. I'm thrilled to read you liked the lecture online. It was my first time using that type of medium to teach and Shaun Dunn and his crew at Paper Crane Productions did an awesome job of making me feel comfortable. I really struggled with releasing R.V.S.P. in this fashion but now that I've done it I could not be more happy.

-shawn
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
I think those types of lectures should be special and stand apart from regular ones. I hope more performers tkae these cues.
Official Thread Killer
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The August 2012 entrée: Shawn Farquhar » » Sealed deck routine release date? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL