The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
AdamChance
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of AdamChance
Quote:
On 2012-08-20 01:05, SIX wrote:
Adam,

Great thinking! Originaly we played with the idea of gimmicks. Devonte and I discussed this effect so many times, and just felt normal cards would be best for us. To be honest you don't know how many times I got to gig and left behind my invisible deck or Peter's Duffies vanished and gone. This kind of allowed us to get both from normal cards.

Keep up the great thinking!

-Six

if you can accomplish the same effect with normal cards, it would be 100x better than the routine I described above. especially if it's easy enough for a beginner. I'm excited to see the full presentation of the trick you've put together because I can't really think of how it could be done with the restrictions that you've listed. can't wait to see what you've come up with!
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1774 Posts

Profile of SIX
Quote:
On 2012-08-20 01:16, ahzhe wrote:
Since there is no gimmick, what do I get in the package?

Hey Smile Its a dvd.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8824 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Hi Six. Seeing as its a DVD, will this also be made available as a download to save on international shipping, etc?
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10627 Posts

Profile of saysold1
The title of this thread will make it somewhat challenging to look up in the future.

Sounds really interesting. The plot is actually similar to the Get Sharky alternate performance (seen/thought of card disappears) I do - but with the revelation being made in the specs deck hands off. Cleaner and Better if this plays as decribed.

I'm also wondering if the method to this is similar to some packet effects where a seen card goes missing - I think Gordon Bean and others have tried this. Curious if this uses a similar method.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10627 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Similar to perhaps "Limited Edition"? Or something by Larry Jennings...
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
MagicOfT
View Profile
Regular user
NYC
141 Posts

Profile of MagicOfT
Hey Six,
Has this DVD been released yet? I may be mistaken but I remember being at Rogers in Queens a year or two ago and seeing the effect for sale. Is this the same dvd/method? If so I remember you guys jamming on the idea several years back and being fooled by it.
Best of luck with the release,
Tatanka
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Love this thread
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Any idea when this will be released?
Don
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1774 Posts

Profile of SIX
Magicman1, its available now for presale on the system 6 magic website, should ship within in a few days. Smile

Tatanka, where have you been bro??! lol Yes its that effect, with updated ideas, clear explanations and better filmed ;-) The other one never actually was released. Nice to hear it fooled you also :-P

-Six
AdamChance
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of AdamChance
Is there going to be a video released of the full performance with no edits or cuts?

have you sent this to anyone to review?
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1425 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Could you give us a website link ???

Thanks

Quote:
On 2012-08-20 17:00, SIX wrote:
Magicman1, its available now for presale on the system 6 magic website, should ship within in a few days. Smile

Tatanka, where have you been bro??! lol Yes its that effect, with updated ideas, clear explanations and better filmed ;-) The other one never actually was released. Nice to hear it fooled you also :-P

-Six
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10627 Posts

Profile of saysold1
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
A little pricey for a 1 trick DVD but if it is as good as it looks, might be worth it but will wait to see if any reviews come out on it later

Don
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
525 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
Quote:
On 2012-08-20 01:09, SIX wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-08-19 23:34, FrenchDrop wrote:
That blurb, "a great rendition of a classic," is really intriguing. Is this a new application of an old method, or is it a new method for an old effect (Brainwave, for example)?

Lots of fuel for speculation here, which is what this forum's all about. Smile I really look forward to seeing some reviews!

Missed this! The thought of card traveling from one deck to another isn't Devontes. Others have done so with gimmicked cards or with just one gimmicked deck. This includes a new idea, and an adaption of a classic Idea. Its just disguised in a great way! Smile To be honest we don't think anyone would have made the connction but we mention the classic in the DVD.

Reminds me of "Prediction from Bombay" by Eddie Joseph
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10627 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Six-

Can you answer this?

For the revelation deck that is held in the spctator's hand or pocket - does that deck then get handed over at revelation time to the Magician for the final reveal?

Or does the spectator control the deck and show the revelation at the end in their own hands?

This is a fairly simple questions and hopefully should not reveal the methodology.

Thanks.

BRETT
drphil
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of drphil
If it is a card they are merely thinking of and then vanishes from the deck. Then what card are they holding at the end of the video it looks as though they are comparing it to the card from the untouched deck. I'm confused by the wording or the video.
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1774 Posts

Profile of SIX
Quick update for you guys, if you visit the site and join the mailing list at the bottom of the page you will get my FREE handling of TIVO card transpo.

It will be sent out tomorrow morning, but just giving you guys a heads up. Here is the link to see the performance Smile

http://youtu.be/NfGkB2suknQ
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Nice transpo! The music in that video's very familiar...what's that from?
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10627 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I think the stove is getting too warm lol. Change the subject.
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1774 Posts

Profile of SIX
Quote:
On 2012-08-20 19:37, saysold1 wrote:
I think the stove is getting too warm lol. Change the subject.

Hey, you lost me on that one lol
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Effect (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL