The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The August 2012 entrée: Shawn Farquhar » » Anecdotes » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
G. LaBarre
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
121 Posts

Profile of G. LaBarre
She's just a lucky kid. She'll realize how cool you are when she looks back and recalls all the wonderful times she's had and all that you've prepared her for.
Glen Alan - "The HOW in your Magic should be Secondary to the WOW in your Magic."
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7376 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On 2012-08-25 00:06, Shawn Farquhar wrote:
Donald,

Wow, you sure do know how to walk down memory lane.

First, I have no idea what you are taking about in regards to being allergic to bunnies!
You say you read that in a newspaper?
Sounds like something I might have said as a joke and it was taken for fact... if you can locate the story I would love to read it!

I'm sure I still have that news clipping. At the time, I thought it was an interesting "hook" for a story.... a magician allergic to rabbits.

Like I said elsewhere, sometime I'll have to show you my "I'm-not-a-stalker-but-just-a-friend-and-fan-of-Shawn-Farquhar" collection. Smile

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
739 Posts

Profile of Shawn Farquhar
Donald,

I look forward to seeing the stuff. Are you sure you aren't confusing me with Andre Kole, who is allergic to rabbit's according to his website: http://www.andrekole.org/bio.htm

-shawn
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
739 Posts

Profile of Shawn Farquhar
Quote:
On 2012-08-24 16:32, G. LaBarre wrote:
I realize you travel extensively for your job, but is there anywhere special you would return to, or anywhere you dream of going to, just for the sheer pleasure of it? That is, if money and time were no object and you could magically be transported there.

Glen,

Somehow I missed your question until now.

My favourite place in my own backyard, which I don't often get to visit!

I love Kuala Lumpur and hope to return soon. It is a beautiful city and I have such amazing friends like David Lai and Vincent Tan. I also love Paris. If you have ever get there, go to the Illegal Magic Club by Otto Wessley, epic fun. China holds a dear place in my heart having won FISM in Beijing. I have so many awesome friends in Asia. I dream of visiting Singapore as my ancestor was the first citizen. I also have never been to Egypt, Israel, Dubai or India and hope before this crazy ride is over I get the opportunity to see them as well.

If this all ended today ... I'd have seen more of this amazing world than I had ever imagined!

I am reminded of a quote from Saint Augustine who said “The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page".

-shawn
G. LaBarre
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
121 Posts

Profile of G. LaBarre
I can understand your enjoyment of just being home. Lovely family.
Your new yard is more of a wonderland with all that garage/storage space.

When you do get to see all those places, I'd bet you will just start all over again.
But, do you think your wanderlust has anything to do with your being moved around growing up, or is it just that the job draws you into travelling around. I guess I'm sort of asking whether you would rather be in one place and have everyone come to you.
Glen Alan - "The HOW in your Magic should be Secondary to the WOW in your Magic."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The August 2012 entrée: Shawn Farquhar » » Anecdotes » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL