The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The August 2012 entrée: Shawn Farquhar » » Let's play a game ... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
739 Posts

Profile of Shawn Farquhar
Glen,

I miss David too. You may not know this but Hannah's middle name is Mackenzie, as in David Mackenzine Culos...

As for the VMC, I wish I had more time to just hang out. The Circle is going through a rough patch, but with guys like Alex Seaman, Billy Hseuh, Steve Dickson and the rest of the board it will see it's way back to the Prestige it so deserves.

-shawn
G. LaBarre
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
121 Posts

Profile of G. LaBarre
You are one of the wisest people I know. I realize I don't know that many people Smile Aside from Magic, many influencial words have come from you.
I just want to give some back. You are moving forward at a speed that may cause you to fly by the present. The unmoments are as important as the exciting ones.

NOW back to the idea of this post: What can be done Magically with all those TOOLS we all have to build our devices?
Glen Alan - "The HOW in your Magic should be Secondary to the WOW in your Magic."
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
739 Posts

"You are moving forward at a speed that may cause you to fly by the present. The unmoments are as important as the exciting ones." -Glen Alan

wise words...

-shawn
Jailhouse Jonny
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Jailhouse Jonny
I like the idea of a discount version of a David Copperfield plane vanish. I don't have 20 assistants, my own Lear jet or charge you 60 bucks a ticket...........
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
739 Posts

We still have a few hours left...

Let's look at the plane again and go with a non-mentalism style effect.

We should still make it the principle item of the effect.

How about a vanish as Jailhouse Jonny suggests.
The plane appears to be made out of styrofoam so I think a possible, but messy solution would be to use a solvent to "vanish" it ... lol
Hey, don't laugh it would work ... for a TV show or one off special event it's a plausible solution.

-shawn
G. LaBarre
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
121 Posts

Profile of G. LaBarre
It could be made of marzapan and be eadible too. (ground almonds and sugar)

What about a transformation into an item "randomly" selected by an audience member.
Glen Alan - "The HOW in your Magic should be Secondary to the WOW in your Magic."
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2758 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I was originally thinking a vanish in mid- flight for the plane, but I like what you guys did with it. Smile
"Every thought you think, word you speak, and action you take proceeds from either love or fear. Peace and upset, innocence and guilt, healing and illness all spring from that one fundamental choice." Alan Cohen
https://magicalaurieblog.wordpress.com/
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
739 Posts

Laurie,

Thanks for the inspiring photo.
The mentalism effect we discussed could actually end up on a stage on day ...

-shawn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The August 2012 entrée: Shawn Farquhar » » Let's play a game ... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL