The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Thoughts Please (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
851 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Hi,

I would like some opinions on a routine I am thinking of releasing.

Please PM your email address and I will send a selected group a copy.

Thanks,

Anthony Black
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Good luck with this.



ray
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
851 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Thanks Ray Smile
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
851 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
I have had some fantastic feedback so far Smile

Thanks!

Looking Good!
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
Thank you Anthny for sharing this; I have to say that one of the methods was new to me, and offers a very clever and contextual way to cue the participant that I love.
The routine could easily be adapted to a variety of settings too - stage, parlour, seance, psychic test, etc. Even s pseudo hypnotic stunt!
This is something I'm going to play with.
Thanks for inspiring me!
BW
Steve
[
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
851 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Hi Steve,

I am really glad you enjoyed it.
This was just a taster really to see if there would be any interest in the project.
I have had some fantastic feedback from some great people, so I am now reassured about the
direction I would like to take this.
Thanks for all of your advice and help people.
I will keep you posted on the project.
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Special user
in special pants.
990 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
This guy has some interesting ideas. Keep an eye on my fellow Tammy brethren!
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
851 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Thanks Christopher, you are a true gent!

I am very excited about this project!
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
851 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
After many months of writing and revising I am now pleased to announce the publication of my new book...For Magicians, Mentalists and Bizarre Performers eveywhere...

Resurrection Dreams

http://www.lulu.com/shop/anthony-black/r......347.html


Anthony Black
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
851 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
For your chance to win a copy, check out this thread:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=218&0
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2612 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
I was one of the lucky few to get a review copy of the aforementioned effect. Anthony has some very nice ideas in this routine. Well crafted, nice cadence and easy to understand. I could see how (in the right hands) this effect would kill!

If the rest is as interesting as the effect, I would say (for the money) the book would be well worth it!

Jorey
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile


"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
851 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Quote:
On 2012-09-13 23:56, afinemesh wrote:
I was one of the lucky few to get a review copy of the aforementioned effect. Anthony has some very nice ideas in this routine. Well crafted, nice cadence and easy to understand. I could see how (in the right hands) this effect would kill!

If the rest is as interesting as the effect, I would say (for the money) the book would be well worth it!

Jorey


Thanks Jorey,

I have had messages asking what is in the book, so here is a teaser for you.

Included within these pages:

Sixth Scents
A dark story involving Murder, Mystery and Mediums. The spectator is invited up on stage and takes on the powers of a Medium; with startling results. But is everything as it seems? There may be a twist to this tale...

Vibes
A tale of Nikola Tesla and his downward spiral into madness; brought on by his creation of the ‘Phasmatis Luminarium’. You and the spectator use this peculiar machine to recreate the terrible experiments at Wardenclyffe Tower. Will the results tip you and your spectator over the edge?

The Death Mask
The history of Death Masks has always been surrounded by a certain mystery, you and your spectator find out a truth that may just make you question everything you believe in. Together you will demonstrate the real power of ‘Automatic Writing’. Dare you wear the Death Mask?

The Secret Project
This is an idea I am very excited about, and one which will be of benefit to our community as performers. I hope you will all join me in creating something amazing!

The ideas and thoughts contained within this book can be adapted to suite many different styles of performance.

http://www.lulu.com/shop/anthony-black/r......347.html
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
851 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Two days to go for the competition folks!

Nice Picture:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4......&theater
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
851 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Last Day!!
Good Luck Everyone Smile
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
851 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
The winner is....

IAIN!!

As chosen by my Cat!

I put all the names on bits of paper...dropped them on the floor and my Cat (Minky) sniffed your bit of paper first

Please PM me your address and I will send you a copy of my book asap.

Everybody else can get it from here:

http://www.lulu.com/shop/anthony-black/r......347.html

Thanks to all that took part,

Anthony Black
ajb6864
View Profile
Special user
Corfu, Greece
577 Posts

Profile of ajb6864
This is a really nice little booklet and genuinely worth the money that I paid for it from Lulu.

I have no connection to Anthony, but thought I would offer up why I think the booklet is of value.

There are 3 effects completely explained, from the overview of the effect, the script, method and also further reading suggestions. Whilst all 3 effects have merit, it is the subtlety and slightly ballsy approach of the first effect that was of most interest to me personally.

As Doc Steve alluded to in his earlier post, the methodology involved in prompting the required participant's response is extremely versatile, both in terms of venue and routines that it could be used in, but also (and you'll hopefully know what I mean if you have the booklet) in the palette (deliberate use of the word!) of outcomes that could be suggested. The language used in this effect is perfectly tailored to providing the desired outcome and delivers the strength of a DR type effect without the usual trade-offs associated.

In summary, this one idea is something that made me want to immediately order the 'necessary' and try it myself, which as all of us know, is a rarity.

Thank you Anthony for sharing your ideas.
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
851 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Quote:
On 2012-09-27 07:17, ajb6864 wrote:
This is a really nice little booklet and genuinely worth the money that I paid for it from Lulu.

I have no connection to Anthony, but thought I would offer up why I think the booklet is of value.

There are 3 effects completely explained, from the overview of the effect, the script, method and also further reading suggestions. Whilst all 3 effects have merit, it is the subtlety and slightly ballsy approach of the first effect that was of most interest to me personally.

As Doc Steve alluded to in his earlier post, the methodology involved in prompting the required participant's response is extremely versatile, both in terms of venue and routines that it could be used in, but also (and you'll hopefully know what I mean if you have the booklet) in the palette (deliberate use of the word!) of outcomes that could be suggested. The language used in this effect is perfectly tailored to providing the desired outcome and delivers the strength of a DR type effect without the usual trade-offs associated.

In summary, this one idea is something that made me want to immediately order the 'necessary' and try it myself, which as all of us know, is a rarity.

Thank you Anthony for sharing your ideas.


Thank you for the kind words; I am pleased you like it and I look forward to your input into the 'Secret Story Project'.
Kind Regards,
Anthony Black
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Finally had a chance to take a look at Anthony's work and I must say I was very impressed. There are some great routines here,including one that could go right into my current repertoire with no tweaking at all! Great work and well worth investigating if you haven't done so yet.
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
851 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Quote:
On 2012-10-08 05:25, Voodini wrote:
Finally had a chance to take a look at Anthony's work and I must say I was very impressed. There are some great routines here,including one that could go right into my current repertoire with no tweaking at all! Great work and well worth investigating if you haven't done so yet.


Thanks Paul, glad you enjoyed it.

The promotional launch of 50% off ends Midnight...Halloween.

I believe there is also a Lulu discount code going on at the moment for a further 25% if you are in the UK: ONEMORETHINGUK

And the US: ONEMORETHING

Hope this helps you out,

Anthony
maxnew40
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of maxnew40
Anthony, I just got my copy of your book. I have only read thorugh the first effect, but this looks like some good stuff.

The LULU discount didn't hurt either.

-Max
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Thoughts Please (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL