The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Best TT Trick? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
mndude
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of mndude
I've seen a lot of magicians here state that their favorite gimmick to carry everywhere is the TT. I was curious what everyone's favorite TT trick is.
SilentG180
View Profile
New user
Lancashire, UK
27 Posts

Profile of SilentG180
A favourite of mine is to borrow (or steal if you know the person and it will not cause offence) a lit cigarette and extinguish and then vanish it, but I am sure some of the members on here with more experience than me have some better effects that can be pulled off with the aid of a TT
Loopback
View Profile
Veteran user
Lincoln, Nebraska
359 Posts

Profile of Loopback
Quote:
On 2012-08-24 17:35, SilentG180 wrote:
A favourite of mine is to borrow (or steal if you know the person and it will not cause offence) a lit cigarette and extinguish and then vanish it, but I am sure some of the members on here with more experience than me have some better effects that can be pulled off with the aid of a TT

Making a lit cigarette disappear is definitely my favorite TT trick. I also love a decent bill switch.

Check out Darwin's Encyclopedia of TT magic. It's a three disc dvd set that has some great effects.
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
It is pretty hard and for obvious reasons to beat the bare hand vanish of a lit cig. But, I hate the way it makes my hands smell, so I've gone with a bright colored 9" silk hanky. Great reaction. You can reproduce the hanky again. Use duplicate of hank and you can expand the possible routine ideas, etc.

Best,
Brad Burt
SilentG180
View Profile
New user
Lancashire, UK
27 Posts

Profile of SilentG180
Quote:
On 2012-08-25 17:04, Brad Burt wrote:
It is pretty hard and for obvious reasons to beat the bare hand vanish of a lit cig. But, I hate the way it makes my hands smell, so I've gone with a bright colored 9" silk hanky. Great reaction. You can reproduce the hanky again. Use duplicate of hank and you can expand the possible routine ideas, etc.

Best,

As a smoker myself not really a problem I have, but I agree that silk vanishes and productions definately play better with some audiences and should not be overlooked
satellite23
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of satellite23
Just don't mix a lit cigarette and silk on accident Smile
SilentG180
View Profile
New user
Lancashire, UK
27 Posts

Profile of SilentG180
Quote:
On 2012-08-25 18:21, satellite23 wrote:
Just don't mix a lit cigarette and silk on accident Smile

Not something I have ever done but I imagine a flamey then stickey mess + one ruined thumb tip might ensue!
Rampage
View Profile
New user
Florida
62 Posts

Profile of Rampage
The disappearing cigarette is one of my go to effects.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
My favorites are a silk vanish
and a 1 to 5 dollar switch.
todd
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1452 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
I gave up smoking years ago. At that time I used to do the vanishing cigarette effect. I now do vanishing silk and use the TT for the bill switch and other effects.

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
I was doing some tricks in a pub last week and started to run out of tricks that I wanted to repeat so I did a TnR napkin several times and killed . No one person saw it more than twice but people were dragged over to where I was for that and sponge balls. The manager comped me some beer.

Does that count as a paid gig?

Now that I refound the TT, I got my wife with this one.

I needed to take some advil , so I poured like 15 of them into my hand "swallowed them" then proceded to cough them up a couple at a time after she freaked out.
donny
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado
263 Posts

Profile of donny
Pour a little water from White House (bill) fountain. Do this after you've brought spectator to other side via "Two Dollar Window" trick--this can be managed, just keep window closed/away from spectators.
It's not their senses that mislead, it's their assumptions.
leolaurindo
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of leolaurindo
Usually the TT don't play a major part in the effect when I'm using it.
I usually use it just to ditch something, or steal something in the middle of a routine.
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Passe passe salt from Tarbell vol . 1 was something I used quite a lot Smile
Sleightofbrain
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Sleightofbrain
I definitely recommend the Darwin DVD if you are interested in TT.
He shows lots of variations of cut/torn and restore, different handling for coin vanishes etc.
Good stuff
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Darwin three dvd set is all the material
you will ever need.
todd
Countage
View Profile
Veteran user
Charlotte
361 Posts

Profile of Countage
Bill Switch

Kevin King and Richard Sanders.
JonesingForTruth
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of JonesingForTruth
I second that, or would the be third... Smile Darwin TT DVD Smile As for the original question, Cigarettes are a dying breed in Minnesota but I loved making candy appear for my kids. Smile
mrsmiles
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of mrsmiles
Jay sankey's $100 bill switch dvd is very good too. It teaches not only the bill switch but many other tricks with TT's, some very nice ideas in there so by no means limited to money routines.
mrsmiles
(UK)
Sleightofbrain
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Sleightofbrain
The Burn and restore Table cloth or clothing effect is great too (also on Darwin)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Best TT Trick? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL