The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The August 2012 entrée: Shawn Farquhar » » Who would you choose? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
714 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
Hiya buddy. Here is my entry to your contest.

Imagine you are seated in an elegant restaurant alone. Nobody else in the place, just you at a table for two. It is a dreamlike, ethereal atmosphere with a nostalgic feel and dimly lit.

If you were given the opportunity to spend only one hour to dine at this restaurant with anyone on the planet you wish, celebrity or non celebrity who would it be and what three questions would you ask them? Whom ever you choose will walk into the place and dine with you for that hour.

It doesn't have to be a magician either but could be of course and because this is a hypothetical fantasy situation it could even be someone who has passed on. I know there are many I'm sure you would want to choose but you only have one hour to share this time with only one person and then it's back to reality.

Who would you choose? What are the three questions you would ask of them.

Tony
As magicians we create what onlookers call magic. If they truly believe in what we have created for them to witness then magic is real!!!

- TONY CHRIS, A.K.A. Zany Zack

http://www.tonychris.com
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

Profile of Shawn Farquhar
Hi Tony,

The answer is not what you think it might be.

If I could have a single hour with any person, living or dead I'd pick lunch with my Father.
To see him again, even for an hour would be just grand.
We'd eat lobster... steamed with butter.
My Father passed in 2006 and had spent the last few years of his life confined to a bed.
He was my biggest fan, competing with my Mother who now holds that title.
To see him again without the pain and illness would be wonderful.
I'd ask him if he had more advice on about how to live my life, as he always showed me the path, even if I chose not to follow it he was always there to steer me back on course.
Another good question would be if there really is life after death.
Finally I'd ask him if he wanted to see his family... hey it's my fantasy and I'd sneak them all in to say hi ...

You know I have been so fortunate to be able to sit across the table from many of my idols and didn't ask them any questions.
Want to know a secret that you're not going to believe? I'm basically a shy person.
Yup, outside of my own environment I am shy and have very little social skills.
If it wasn't for magic I'd have very little to discuss at a party.
My conversational skills are ok, but I suck at introducing myself and never figure out what to say if it's not about magic.
I can tell a good story that's engaging and fun, but they all involve magic.
I know almost nothing about sports, politics or religion so I don't have a lot to say about a lot of things...

Thanks for a very interesting question. Sorry it probably wasn't what you were expecting but I liked the time I spent imagining this special lunch.

-shawn
Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
714 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
Shawn, that's exactly who I knew you would pick. I am not surprised at all. What I didn't know and was most curious about, were the questions you would ask him. Great response and wonderful answers. Thank you for that.

PS. My pop and I love lobster dripping in a buttery bath too!

Tony
As magicians we create what onlookers call magic. If they truly believe in what we have created for them to witness then magic is real!!!

Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

Profile of Shawn Farquhar
Tony,

Thanks for the thought provoking question and I guess I kind of knew you would know my answer.
I'd like to also say thanks for telling me this being a special guest thing was a good idea... you were right.
It's been lots of fun .. thanks.

-shawn
Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
714 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
Shawn, you are truly an inspiration to more people than you could ever know in this crazy mixed up world. You have given more to anyone in this art in terms of time, friendship and your never ending talent. Anyone who knows you, and has met you, knows that. You are are a true one of a kind, genuine soul! Your dad will forever-after, be smiling proud at his son. Of that I am sure 110%.

Thanks for sharing all your insight, stories and posts with us all. I for one, enjoyed reading them every night immensley!

Tony

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The August 2012 entrée: Shawn Farquhar » » Who would you choose? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL