The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Shoes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I have a thing about shoes. I don't own a car. I use my feet and my bike. I have a couple of bikes (one is quite expensive and built to my specifications) and...ah...my shoes.

95% of the time I wear hiking boots. Expensive hiking boots. (I figure it this way: if my boots cost the same as a monthly car payment, then I'm still way ahead of the game; my boots will last me for at least three or four years before needing to be re-soled.)

The rest of the time I wear dress shoes, sandals, or cowboy boots.

What kind of shoes do y'all wear?
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
Yes, I used my toes to type all of my
907 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
'nuff said!

;-)
Blessings on thee, little man,
barefoot boy with cheeks of tan...
Outward sunshine; inward joy,
Blessings on thee, barefoot boy! :-D
FatHatter
View Profile
Regular user
I'm here you're there and that's that.
137 Posts

Profile of FatHatter
Sandals till the temp gets below 40 then partial to sandals with socks till it gets below 30 then some sneakers.
Biker here too on a custom built beauty. Looking at a new seat without the between the legs protrusion.
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
Quote:
On 2012-08-25 12:14, FatHatter wrote:
Looking at a new seat, without the between the legs protrusion.

So... The operation was a success?
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Unless I have to wear nice shoes or I'm riding a horse, I either wear sandals or go barefoot. The weather rarely makes a difference: I wear sandals throughout the Winter in both Yorba Linda and Charlotte, and even trudged through the snow in Kiev in sandals. (Not too far, mind you.)
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
In New York growing up we called them sneakers. Now they have all kinds of fancy names for them, but my favorites are aetrex. My favorite daily footware.

I also have some nice RM Williams Aussie boots (with the elastic ankle) that are the best shoes/boots I've ever worn. For dress or work, these boots last forever and mold to your feet.

http://www.rmwilliams.com.au/home.asp?pa......C04DDC8F

Finally, my Timberline mocs fill in for my aetrex when sneaks aren't in order for whatever reason.

I also love my orange ostrich Tony Lamas, but as I get older I find my feet don't do so great with cowboy boots style. I have some neuropathy and some boots can be difficult on the feet. That's why I like the Williams these days.

Great question Stoney. I've always had an affinity for footwear. Interesting in that in my genealogy, and one line going back to eastern Europe in the 1700s, one of my multiple greats of grandfathers was a master shoemaker.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
I wear sandals unless I'm working which is a pair of heavy duty steel toe hiking boots (keeps the sand out). I have tennis shoes but those are only for the gym.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:

I also have some nice RM Williams Aussie boots (with the elastic ankle) that are the best shoes/boots I've ever worn.

Those are really nice looking boots. I'm gonna have to see if they're available here.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Shoe fetishism is the attribution of attractive sexual qualities to shoes or other footwear as a matter of sexual preference, psychosexual disorder, and an alternative or complement to a relationship with a partner. I have a thing about horse shoes myself. I wear all leather shoes, as man made stuff such as plastc does not agree with me. Funny you should mention shoes as a young lady I know spent £600 on a pair shoes yesterday. Why so much? Why because they have red soles she said. Louis Vuitton I think.

PS The young lady by the way works in a chip shop and earns about a hundred pound a week and saved up to buy them.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Mostly loafers, both casual and dressy. And Sandals.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
749 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
Quote:
On 2012-08-25 12:14, FatHatter wrote:
partial to sandals with socks

No!...Just,NO!
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
Octopus Sun
View Profile
Special user
Wiggle Wiggle
586 Posts

Profile of Octopus Sun
Emelda Marcos?
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Busted my toe a few years back. It is a little bit crooked. Rockports are about the only shoe I can wear and walk in comfort.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Here's my current boot: (We'll see if the Café will allow a picture this big)

stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Well, I actually own TWO of them. One for the left foot, and one for the right.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2012-08-26 12:33, stoneunhinged wrote:

How do you keep it so clean?

(I'm guessing that the left one is filthy, so you were ashamed to show it.)
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2012-08-26 13:00, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-08-26 12:33, stoneunhinged wrote:

How do you keep it so clean?

(I'm guessing that the left one is filthy, so you were ashamed to show it.)

I suppose you want me to confess.

OK. That's not really my right boot. That's a picture from the Internet.

:(
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I wore sandals for the first thirty five years of my life, and never wore a sock. Then I tore an Achilles tendon, and can't wear sandals any more. So now I wear the cheapest canvas plimsols I can find. I have a rule; I never spend more than €20 on a pair of shoes. Rarely pay more than €5.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
[quote]On 2012-08-26 01:35, stoneunhinged wrote:
Quote:

Those are really nice looking boots. I'm gonna have to see if they're available here.

The nice thing about them is the uppers are made from a single piece of leather with the seam in the back. And you'd think the elastic would stretch out over time, but it doesn't. Pretty rugged heavy duty stuff.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
kid iowa
View Profile
Loyal user
Oklahoma
300 Posts

Profile of kid iowa
Vibram FiveFingers
Any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile...can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy." J.F.K.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Shoes (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL